Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The profile” changes every year or few. It’s better to find the next profile than the last one.

Yes which is why I stated that this is a profile that hasn't worked so far and doesn't look like changing. Feel free to try and jump on it though :thumbsu:

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
how condensed are pre post cup markets these days, plus difficulty in getting set for a decent collect too.

Nelson is one of my early picks

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes which is why I stated that this is a profile that hasn't worked so far and doesn't look like changing. Feel free to try and jump on it though :thumbsu:

feel free to post other MC starters with this profile.

once you post them at a less rate than 1/24 winners i will concede they have underperformed. I'm waiting.

and even then who's to say the right horse doesn't buck that trend within the next 3 years.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
further to this, to only point out the stupidity of profiling winners.

there is 1 winner from 24 starters(tabplz) so many horses run well but can be disregarded.

for instance the infamous "need to start here prior to the cup" profile was still going strong publicly in 2017 before consecutive winners.

going back further Heartbreak City, Max Dynamite, Red Cadeaux, Fiorente had run 2nd in the preceding years.

the only profile that counts and will always stand test of time is race day, well weighted, in form, right run, right conditions. the rest of antepost betting is speculating on improvement or speculating on them getting here.

how condensed are pre post cup markets these days, plus difficulty in getting set for a decent collect too.

Nelson is one of my early picks

Sheesh - would want to get the prep started sooner rather than later!

further to this, to only point out the stupidity of profiling winners.

there is 1 winner from 24 starters(tabplz) so many horses run well but can be disregarded.

for instance the infamous "need to start here prior to the cup" profile was still going strong publicly in 2017 before consecutive winners.

going back further Heartbreak City, Max Dynamite, Red Cadeaux, Fiorente had run 2nd in the preceding years.

the only profile that counts and will always stand test of time is race day, well weighted, in form, right run, right conditions. the rest of antepost betting is speculating on improvement or speculating on them getting here.

Profiling losers is even more important ;)

Not surprised that half the factors you came up with are only available in hindsight ;)

100 years to early - couldn't win a Melbourne Cup if it started now

Would have been too slow last year and doubt has got any faster

Any antepost Torcedor backers want to give us some feedback on his overnight performance? :$

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Any antepost Torcedor backers want to give us some feedback on his overnight performance? :$
BC535709-3DAF-4E93-A0EC-F67F30919CE0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back