Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the man, watching St Kilda play.

He's had St Kilda for 3 games, not sure how much you can draw from that on his tactical ability. They've also won 2 of the 3, so whatever changes he's decided to make appear to be getting the job done for now.

And I think it would be fair to assume that some coaches are better communicators when dealing with players than when they're getting interviewed in the media.

Not saying you're wrong, you could well be proven right on both counts, but I think it's a bit unfair to be making such damning judgements based on such a limited sample.

Do not want Ratten, as I don't think he's particularly grown as a coach in his time since Carlton. He's more sure of himself, but not much tactical growth or growth in his communication skills.
I agree Jimmae
The way St Kilda are playing is oddly similar to Carlton 2010-2012.
His brand of football doesn't hold up in finals, and is always prone to abnormal results

i think Charlie is a bit of a worry. He just seems really immature. The rumours of him being a tipsy lad in Richmond are neither here nor there BUT it is still the season and he should be in rehab, not running amok. We don’t ever read of Doc behaving like that.

Daisy got crucified for having a few drinks at a charity function. McLovin dropped for poor fitness and coming back chubby.

We either have standards, or we don’t.

IF Charlie has been getting loose, I would hope the club gets him to pull his head in. He has a history of being a bit of a dick with drinking. He’s going to be a star, I just hope he grows up.
Charlie is immature. He lives very close to me in the next street. I have seen him twice in the past month riding his skateboard in the middle of the road for some distance. Cars can come out of side streets unexpectedly.

He's had St Kilda for 3 games, not sure how much you can draw from that on his tactical ability. They've also won 2 of the 3, so whatever changes he's decided to make appear to be getting the job done for now.

And I think it would be fair to assume that some coaches are better communicators when dealing with players than when they're getting interviewed in the media.

Not saying you're wrong, you could well be proven right on both counts, but I think it's a bit unfair to be making such damning judgements based on such a limited sample.
Damming judgements? Yesterday you bashed Soapy for misleading statements, everyone is entilted to an opinion on here without being attacked.

Charlie is immature. He lives very close to me in the next street. I have seen him twice in the past month riding his skateboard in the middle of the road for some distance. Cars can come out of side streets unexpectedly.
The kid is 22 years old. 22! Give him a break. Being a professional football player does not make you mature twice as fast as normal kids.

Fair point.

But I come for the bluemours, I stay for the ridiculous trade scenarios and best 22s with 6 players that don't yet play for Carlton....

Macreadie, Levi, Shumacher, Lobbe and Adelaide 1st round pick traded to Sydney for Papley, Darcy Cameron and their 2nd round pick.
On trade 2nd round pick for Butler and Shai Bolton from Tigers. Coniglio signs on as free agent with Giants not matching or trading.

Best 22 2020

Simpson Jones Docherty
Williamson Weitering Marchbank
SPS Congilio Murphy
Papley C Curnow Fisher
Butler McKay Jack S
Kruezer Crippa Walsh
Bench Stocker, Setterfield, Cuningham, Ed Curnow

Emergencies: Dow, Mitch McGov, Newman, Plowman, S Bolton, D Cameron, O'Brien and M Kennedy

2020 flag in the bag

hope that is suffice for ridiculous quota

Last edited:
Listening to the man, watching St Kilda play.

Watching the man too.

Nothing has changed since his Carlton days. Still hyper. Still acting like he's still got the linament in his nostrils. Still like a supporter than a Coach.

I was a bit surprised that the demeanour was literally unchanged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my young and incredibly misguided, stupid youth, I took a short 'holiday' courtesy of Her Majesty and was given similar advice, albeit around not dropping the soap! :p
Lol. How did you go?! Glad to hear that you are now back on the straight and narrow 😉

The rumour doing the rounds is that there was more than Stephenson having a bet at the Pies.

I have no idea if it has any basis in fact, but it's spreading everywhere.

Have heard the same also, its a rumor moving quickly today it seems - what I have heard can't be true, stupidity and not possible, not even worth repeating until it's confirmed and if it is what a bunch of morons.

Damming judgements? Yesterday you bashed Soapy for misleading statements, everyone is entilted to an opinion on here without being attacked.

Bashed Soapy? Pretty sure he and I are on good terms Rob. I actually expressed my disappointment that some took a discussion on applying individual definitions to commonly used terms as an opportunity to lay the boot in about perceived previous slights.

I'd thought Jim might have had some additional insight into Ratten's development (or lack of) in recent times - but given his response I do think it's a bit unfair to claim he hasn't grown as a coach in the last 8 years, with regards to tactics or communication, on the basis of three games as caretaker coach and his recent media appearances.

Take no issue with people having doubt, given we don't have much visibility on his growth in those areas, but to outright claim he hasn't had any is a bit of a stretch.

This board is starting to get really bloody precious about opposing views. Some of us are capable of having mature conversations, getting a bit heated, and then coming to an amicable conclusion - and yet others insist on throwing accusations of bullying, or actually bullying, when someone takes a contrary stance.

I don't come to this board to have everyone agree with me, or agree with everyone else. I come here to challenge peoples views, and challenge my own by reading those of others. Discussion is part of that. But if the general community is shifting towards righteous indignation in response to robust discussion, maybe I'll just dial back my involvement.

Last edited:
The kid is 22 years old. 22! Give him a break. Being a professional football player does not make you mature twice as fast as normal kids.
I know he’s young but it’s reckless, if not stupid, to skateboard in the middle of the road, especially if you are an AFL footballer on big money. Cars can unexpectedly come from nowhere and injure you.

Watching the man too.

Nothing has changed since his Carlton days. Still hyper. Still acting like he's still got the linament in his nostrils. Still like a supporter than a Coach.

I was a bit surprised that the demeanour was literally unchanged.

Compared to Teague who looks to be watching a documentary on SBS. Chalk and cheese.

Compared to Teague who looks to be watching a documentary on SBS. Chalk and cheese.

Teague looks like he's stoned out of his head. His reactions to questions, etc are so under-stated and chilled he could be mistaken for being utterly baked.

Who are you, Jerry Seinfeld? It's "take away"........

tenor.gif

JMO - There's a place for both optimistic & a negative outlook but the continued breakdown in communication owing to this is pretty poor.
We're all entitled to hold different views and that is what makes forums such as this interesting, as it'd be pretty boring if we all agreed 100% of the time.
I think that we could all do with checking our egos from time to time as it can otherwise lead to some petty pointless crap..

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont think it has anything to do with optimism and negativity.
Differences in opinion is a constant thing here and for the most part we deal with it in good spirit and harmony. It just falls apart when somebody has to be right (even when they are wrong) and tries to belittle a person for daring to hold a differing opinion.

I know he’s young but it’s reckless, if not stupid, to skateboard in the middle of the road, especially if you are an AFL footballer on big money. Cars can unexpectedly come from nowhere and injure you.
Part of his ‘spatial awareness’ and ‘evasive action’ skills sessions while unable to play.

Russell is so far ahead of the pack ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back