Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [out of contract 2020]

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have had so many mid 2nd round picks end up duds over the last 10 years i would be hesitant to give up petracelle for that .
A bird in the hand and all that
That's fair enough, I just don't see the Dogs giving up our first unless we get a consistent, established gun in return. This is the main reason I don't see the trade happening at all, and also why I doubt the validity of this rumour in the first place

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I see the Doggies first round pick in 2019 being in play with Petruccelle in a swap of picks for Doggies in 2020 given their need for picks.

What else would be needed for Doggies 2019 1st (day pick 9) for Petruccelle and West Coast 2020 first round likely to be 14 to 18? Interested in realistic trades
Add a 4th coming back our way for points and I think everyone comes out pretty good

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I see the Doggies first round pick in 2019 being in play with Petruccelle in a swap of picks for Doggies in 2020 given their need for picks.

What else would be needed for Doggies 2019 1st (day pick 9) for Petruccelle and West Coast 2020 first round likely to be 14 to 18? Interested in realistic trades
In pure points terms, Eagles future first (let's assume it is 18) and Petruccelle for Doggies first this year (currently 9) would value Jack at pick 37. That is where we got him and he is currently in a top team best 22 and in contract. I would say this is unders but if it was on the table, I would probably do it.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In pure points terms, Eagles future first (let's assume it is 18) and Petruccelle for Doggies first this year (currently 9) would value Jack at pick 37. That is where we got him and he is currently in a top team best 22 and in contract. I would say this is unders but if it was on the table, I would probably do it.

View attachment 720968
If the Dogs were able to line something else up to on-trade that future 1st (e.g. send it to Gold Coast for Martin) then this is something I could see realistically playing out. Feels like if we are going to trade our 1st, we'll be pushing to get full value out of it, and wouldn't want to simply acquire young talent that still requires further development. We'd want to be acquiring some experience as well, so getting Martin + Petrucelle out of our 1st rounder would be a pretty decent result

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If the Dogs were able to line something else up to on-trade that future 1st (e.g. send it to Gold Coast for Martin) then this is something I could see realistically playing out. Feels like if we are going to trade our 1st, we'll be pushing to get full value out of it, and wouldn't want to simply acquire young talent that still requires further development. We'd want to be acquiring some experience as well, so getting Martin + Petrucelle out of our 1st rounder would be a pretty decent result

At Minimum Gold Coast would want a top 10 pick and probably a decent fringe player for Martin, so you probably have to do another trade to get that top 10 pick to satisfy the Suns. Don't think they would want a future 1st from the Dogs, but you never know.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At Minimum Gold Coast would want a top 10 pick and probably a decent fringe player for Martin, so you probably have to do another trade to get that top 10 pick to satisfy the Suns. Don't think they would want a future 1st from the Dogs, but you never know.
If Gold Coast wanted a top 10 pick for Martin, pretty sure basically every club would slam the door in their faces. Maybe if it was 2 or 3 years ago, he might fetch that price, but he's now had 6 years in the system, is out of contract, and has been relatively underwhelming his entire career, while showing the occasional glimpse of greatness. A top 10 pick gets you a Papley or Hill, it would be wasted on Martin

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’d much prefer to use our 2020 first for him, however, not just for Petrucelle but possibly guys like Jack Martin and Alex Keath as well. Suits our needs to move our 2020 pick and build up later 2020 picks.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’d much prefer to use our 2020 first for him, however, not just for Petrucelle but possibly guys like Jack Martin and Alex Keath as well. Suits our needs to move our 2020 pick and build up later 2020 picks.
I'd be all for it if the 2020 1st became two of Petrucelle, Martin and Keath, but I'd be very hesitant to just throw it away thinking we can just take the NGA kids anyway. The rules could be changed before next year, and we also have 3 kids who will potentially need bids matched within the first 2 rounds. Can't just throw away our 1st without considering how many points we need to be accumulating

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd be all for it if the 2020 1st became two of Petrucelle, Martin and Keath, but I'd be very hesitant to just throw it away thinking we can just take the NGA kids anyway. The rules could be changed before next year, and we also have 3 kids who will potentially need bids matched within the first 2 rounds. Can't just throw away our 1st without considering how many points we need to be accumulating
I see your point but with future trading, AFL would have to make a call on changes before heading into the trade/draft period therefore we’d know where we sit. As far as accumulating points, we can still do that and even if we’re short we can go into draft debt.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really top 10 pick for a player from a bottom of the ladder team. That has been dropped by that team! Hardly bumping up his value

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have heard that Petruchelle doesn't want to leave WC So might be a case of WC fishing for draft currency to satisfy Geelong potentially

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Have heard that Petruchelle doesn't want to leave WC So might be a case of WC fishing for draft currency to satisfy Geelong potentially
I doubt big time your source. Eagles have a strong retention policy and do not actively push players out. In needing to keep players, interstate teams would be foolish to fish players.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Source is connected to his family. He genuinely wants to stay. As for for WC fishing it's just a case of joining the dots, WC needs currency to be able to get the second 1st rnder Geelong is sure to want.
Dogs have an interest in acquiring Petruchelle, so could be a case of you have to give something to get something.
A lot of speculation there apart from him wanting to stay.

West World

Team Captain
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I would take the Dogs 2020 1st for Petro.

West World

Team Captain
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Just sounds a bit steep, is he that good ?.

Has shown glimpses, but still has a good number of things to fix up in his game. Good set of wheels, but has to refine what he does getting & distributing the ball.

Its a buy now pay later deal.

Dogs expecting to improve next season so a pick in the teens.

Eagles may need to throw in a 2020 3rd to give the Doggies more points to use, that would even things out a bit more.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Source is connected to his family. He genuinely wants to stay. As for for WC fishing it's just a case of joining the dots, WC needs currency to be able to get the second 1st rnder Geelong is sure to want.
Dogs have an interest in acquiring Petruchelle, so could be a case of you have to give something to get something.
I’d say it’s in the middle somewhere he wants to stay but has been offered a deal by someone.

As a general rule we have a strong retention policy I can’t recall a time we shopped a player around.

He may request to leave due to coin but it will be a amicable decision between parties. My feel is he will stay has the potential to earn a bucket in 2-4 years time post flag window

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
We have 2 firsts( one future ) and a very high second (syd) + our second .

We have plenty of currency for kelly without getting players involved.

This whole trading petracelle scenario is a rumour of a massive offer to him and him wanting out .

If he doesnt want out wce wont push him out .

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Much rather forget Kelly then and get Conglio

Back