Current Theo Hayez - Murdered Missing Byron Bay Surrounds

Is the inference here he was lost and then followed someone to the beach or he was waiting for someone?

Is that blue cross supposed to be a house? Because a psychic was peddling a vision that saw Theo going into a house.

It would be handy to know if the cap was Theo's, it seems to be taking a long time when there should be DNA all through the inside of it.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is that blue cross supposed to be a house? Because a psychic was peddling a vision that saw Theo going into a house.

It would be handy to know if the cap was Theo's, it seems to be taking a long time when there should be DNA all through the inside of it.
I'm not sure what the blue marking are to be honest, was just pulled from a Reddit post I was reading.

In regards to going into a house, I guess if he was meeting someone he was either going to a house or going to another location. 50/50 shot from the psychic and considering he hasn't been found in the open, a reasonable assumption that if foul play is involved it might be true.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
xsNVGq8.jpg

Is the inference here he was lost and then followed someone to the beach or he was waiting for someone?
The red pin below is approximately where he should've been heading. But indications are that the phone ping and hat apparently are in the opposite direction
8da2d7bb24cdbc37975c70356c65d35a.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the blue marking are to be honest, was just pulled from a Reddit post I was reading.

In regards to going into a house, I guess if he was meeting someone he was either going to a house or going to another location. 50/50 shot from the psychic and considering he hasn't been found in the open, a reasonable assumption that if foul play is involved it might be true.

Looks like a theory tracking his footsteps, I think. Not what might have been found by investigators somehow getting into his phone, he was apparently when he left Cheeky Monkeys, looking at maps for direction. Which might be a bit odd because he should have known how to get back to his lodgings without it.

Ohhhhhh ..... he wasn't going back to his lodgings he was looking at directions to another address?

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looks like a theory tracking his footsteps, I think. Not what might have been found by investigators somehow getting into his phone, he was apparently when he left Cheeky Monkeys, looking at maps for direction. Which might be a bit odd because he should have known how to get back to his lodgings without it.

Ohhhhhh ..... he wasn't going back to his lodgings he was looking at directions to another address?
I think that map was published in a paper. They're all behind paywalls so need to clarify what it is referencing.

The red pin below is approximately where he should've been heading. But indications are that the phone ping and hat apparently are in the opposite direction

My Navman once took me into a river on a dead end road in regional Victoria. I wonder what app he was using for directions.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Thank you:)

Were they lying to us with 'Theo was heading back to his backpacker lodgings'?
The article that I read said that his backpacker lodgings was the Wake Up backpackers. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-07/belgian-backpacker-theo-hayez-missing-in-byron-bay/11191032
So unless they published the wrong hostel name then he would've had a bloody long way to walk back to his lodgings. It's just around the corner from my uncle's river house. From memory, that's about 3 or 4 kms from the town centre where the pub is. I can't imagine walking that distance. Do they have a bus service? Would he of gone looking for a taxi rank, or a friend to take him?
If the alleged phone ping map is real, then why'd he walk in the opposite direction, and what's with the divert? Did he go to someone's house to get a lift, but they weren't home, so he went to the beach to cool his heals in the intention of going back later on?
Maybe he lost his phone after a bit of kip at the beach, and headed off the find his lodgings when it got first light?
Maybe he got the beaches mixed up at night and thought he was walking to Belongil when he was headed to the cliffs at the lighthouse instead?
eeb8a29b0ccb5046d3a41f0399c59eb1.jpg

d31e7bf1b85ccc0672dab5a0817286e8.jpg

Last edited:
The article that I read said that his backpacker lodgings was the Wake Up backpackers. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-07/belgian-backpacker-theo-hayez-missing-in-byron-bay/11191032
So unless they published the wrong hostel name then he would've had a bloody long way to walk back to his lodgings. It's just around the corner from my uncle's river house. From memory, that's about 3 or 4 kms from the town centre where the pub is. I can't imagine walking that distance. Do they have a bus service? Would he of gone looking for a taxi rank, or a friend to take him?
If the alleged phone ping map is real, then why'd he walk in the opposite direction, and what's with the divert? Did he go to someone's house to get a lift, but they weren't home, so he went to the beach to cool his heals in the intention of going back later on?
Maybe he lost his phone after a bit of kip at the beach, and headed off the find his lodgings when it got first light?
Maybe he got the beaches mixed up at night and thought he was walking to Belongil when he was headed to the cliffs at the lighthouse instead?
eeb8a29b0ccb5046d3a41f0399c59eb1.jpg

d31e7bf1b85ccc0672dab5a0817286e8.jpg

I don't think a 2.8 km walk is really that far PD. Its really strange though that he seems to have headed off in the opposite direction. A 25 minute walk at most back to his digs probably less for Theo compared to a 50 minute walk off road via a cut through being the shortest route to get to the Lighthouse as per below post.

I'll check that again though.

Searchers are looking around the Cape Byron Lighthouse where his phone last pinged but its a fifty minute walk from the Cheeky Monkey. Looks like a good high place to throw a phone over, a body going over might be harder there's meshed in safety rails right around from what I can see.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's definately walking distance. I've walked from there to CMs and back when I've been there.

What's odd is his detour

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I'm wondering if he was intending to walk along the main beach back to Belongil rather than along the roads and simply went to the wrong beach by getting lost on Middleton Rd.

I'm wondering if he was intending to walk along the main beach back to Belongil rather than along the roads and simply went to the wrong beach by getting lost on Middleton Rd.

If he was drug affected or intoxicated, he might have put the wrong destination into his Maps app and become totally confused. They're not perfect anyway, I've had problems before when one sent me into the river.

Still doesn't explain why he just vanished though.

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If he was drug affected or intoxicated, he might have put the wrong destination into his Maps app and become totally confused. They're not perfect anyway, I've had problems before when one sent me into the river.

Still doesn't explain why he just vanished though.
Unless when he got to the beach, he headed towards the point, thinking he was headed towards Belongil, and got into strife when he ran out of beach. Maybe he realised he wasn't on the main beach by then and just pressed on anyway slipped off rocks

Unless when he got to the beach, he headed towards the point, thinking he was headed towards Belongil, and got into strife when he ran out of beach. Maybe he realised he wasn't on the main beach by then and just pressed on anyway slipped off rocks

Could be. We can all get into trouble on the beach at night around rocks, glare off the moon if there is one (maybe we could check) bounces off the water, makes them really hard to navigate.

Back