Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine someone telling you at the end of 2014, that in 2019 Mitch Robinson is first picked in a side that is competing for a top 2 spot with a month to go. Insanity.
would love to have a Robinson and Hodge in our lineup. Robinson hard at, and playing every game like it’s his last. Hodge helps their structures so much out on the field. James Kelly was the last like this, and there doesn’t seem to be anyone else capable at the moment.

I've heard from a few sources that the Lions have the best high performance department in the league, which was part of the reason Neale chose them instead of asking to be traded to a club in his some state.

I feel like we'd be the kind of club who'd have the best high performance coach in the league lined up, and then give the position instead to a guy a coterie member went to high school with.
Isn't that why we got in Weap and his mates? That went well

Gees Cox out for the year (besides getting you arrested) huge blow to Pies even though he’s been out of touch.

Jesus, I'd say over the last two years no team has been hit as hard as Pies and GWS.

Thought bubble re: the mid-season sacking of senior coaches.

Does short-term turnarounds in form subsequent to the appointment of interim coaches corrupt the selection process for a full time senior coach? Would clubs be better off making coaching changes towards the end of the season?

Thought bubble re: the mid-season sacking of senior coaches.

Does short-term turnarounds in form subsequent to the appointment of interim coaches corrupt the selection process for a full time senior coach? Would clubs be better off making coaching changes towards the end of the season?
Quite possibly. It creates a freedom and lack of pressure that is absent in the subsequent years. I guess if it's the lack of pressure that is getting wins after the coach is sacks, rather than the ability of the coach then it could cause problems.

Isn't that why we got in Weap and his mates? That went well

There has to be a happy medium between a squad I'd say is closer to physically pathetic compared to its competition than not with a stack of injuries and a drugs scandal.

Sydney, Adelaide and Fremantle are examples of mediocre teams who at least always have their players, old and young, fit, strong and well built.

Last edited:
RIP AFLX, you will not be missed
Image result for and nothing of value was lost gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats this rumour doing the rounds on social media that SEN keep refusing to mention except to say they wont mention it?
:think:

MOre pies players betting on games.

1% chance of being true

Maybe we’re just overrating our young players same as we overrate the rest of our list

Redman has been very very good though

Redman wouldn't have been far off - but looking at the 40 its understandable why he was left out. There are no obvious outs for Redman IMO.

Just on the rumour, we lived through this, and even if we had of watched it happen to another club I don't know how anyone who loves footy would want this rumour to be true.

Why would we want this type of thing to have happened? The pain this will cause people.

Just sad more than anything. Luckily I'm thinking it's BS

Honestly don't think the Pies rumours are true at all, but gee whiz it's got some legs. You'd hope it's landed with Collingwood so they can put out a press release or something soon, the silence isn't doing anything to quell the chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back