Competition Canadian-American Premiership 2019 - CHAMPIONS - CHICAGO LAKERS

Remove this Banner Ad

UgiTW01.png

With the announcement of next seasons host for the Can-Am Bowl being announced through the video and image above. Plus the realisation that the game will be held in a city without a team due to Freight Train folding the Vice. We now come to the table following week 6. With 1 game left, there is everything still to play for.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
WDLPFPAPDPctGames Back
Chicago Lakers600792455
1.000​
Miami Vice501693336
0.833​
New York Turtles402653926
0.667​
Wisconsin Wild303554312
0.500​
Toronto Sixers30350491
0.500​
Atlanta Gators005865-57
0.000​
Kansas City Buffaloes0061189-78
0.000​

WESTERN CONFERENCE
WDLPFPAPDPctGames Back
Seattle Space Rangers601872760
0.857​
San Francisco Kings502843549
0.714​
Winnipeg True North502724329
0.714​
Las Vegas High Rollers304645113
0.429​
Colorado Bighorns1062890-62
0.143​
Fort Worth Troops0061195-84
0.000​

Final regular season standings;

EASTERN CONFERENCE
WDLPFPAPDPctGames Back
Chicago Lakers700932865
1.000​
Miami Vice601814041
0.857​
Wisconsin Wild403694623
0.571​
New York Turtles403725121
0.571​
Toronto Sixers3045363-10
0.429​
Atlanta Gators1062382-59
0.143​
Kansas City Buffaloes00716100-84
0.000​

WESTERN CONFERENCE
WDLPFPAPDPctGames Back
Seattle Space Rangers701983662
0.875​
Winnipeg True North602874443
0.750​
San Francisco Kings503934647
0.625​
Las Vegas High Rollers404795326
0.500​
Colorado Bighorns10729105-76
0.125​
Fort Worth Troops00817124-107
0.000​

So the Playoffs Qualifier for the Eastern Conference will be between Atlanta and Kansas City. Could both SparkleNarkle and FootyGuy13 please message me through your submission message the kit you would like to have your team wear in this game. The poll will go up once I have both responses.

We apologise for the continued delay in the playing of the wildcard round.

It appears the New York Turtles owner El_Scorcho has seemingly taken a wrong turn or has gotten himself lost somewhere without his phone.

We hope he can find his way to some technology soon to give us his kit choice.

We apologise for the continued delay in the playing of the wildcard round.

It appears the New York Turtles owner El_Scorcho has seemingly taken a wrong turn or has gotten himself lost somewhere without his phone.

We hope he can find his way to some technology soon to give us his kit choice.
Can confirm: Toronto did not give the Turtles food poisoning in the week leading upto the big game.
Just to alleviate any suspicions :)

The Wildcard round is finished and we say goodbye to Colorado, Fort Worth, Toronto, and Atlanta.

CsIh6Zj.jpg

Now on to the Division round.

As with the Wildcard round, I ask the highest seeded team owners (Spanna_ , Freight Train , fancyscum) please submit your kit selection for this round as soon as possible using the message that you submitted your design in.

The Wildcard round is finished and we say goodbye to Colorado, Fort Worth, Toronto, and Atlanta.

CsIh6Zj.jpg

Now on to the Division round.

As with the Wildcard round, I ask the highest seeded team owners (Spanna_ , Freight Train , fancyscum) please submit your kit selection for this round as soon as possible using the message that you submitted your design in.
Spanna_, I vote Space Cadets :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to fancyscum and the Chicago Lakers on winning the 2019 Canadian-American Premiership. A very deserved win. Commiserations to Spanna_ who was unlucky on not taking out back to back championships.

With that the season comes to a close. We are now on the road to Miami for Can-Am Bowl VI. What will happen between now and then? Will Miami have a team to represent them? Will any teams close up shop for good, or will relocation be on the table? That is now what can be discussed in this thread through until next season.

With that the season comes to a close. We are now on the road to Miami for Can-Am Bowl VI. What will happen between now and then? Will Miami have a team to represent them? Will any teams close up shop for good, or will relocation be on the table? That is now what can be discussed in this thread through until next season.
I guess I'll take this opportunity to ask for feedback on my kit, while nothing groundbreaking, I thought would fair better than last season on a better template (which it did). Still working on my template, so that will always improve I hope, but design wise sticking with the hexagons might get a bit old? I finally got a white clash to work with the gold/red of my home though, which I was happy with. Logo needs work, but now that I have illustrator I will be able to expand my creative abilities in this area.

Live scenes from the Victory parade today

Cheers to Spanna_ and all the other competitors for putting out such great designs this season, it certainly makes an undefeated season feel like a tremendous achievement! Thanks also to craegus for putting on a fantastic competition once again, feel like a few of the minor tweaks made to the comp this year have certainly improved it.

Feels great to pick up a title in one of the big-3 comps after a heartbreaking loss in FIRA earlier this year, pretty pumped for NAFL around the corner and it can't come soon enough (once I've had time to design my kits)!

Congratulations fancyscum, very well deserved for your maiden Big 3 win, don’t think it’ll be the last. Well done also to Spanna_ for backing up a championship with a grand final appearance.

Thanks craegus for running probably the best edition of this competition to date, perfect pacing and lots of effort as always.

I guess I'll take this opportunity to ask for feedback on my kit, while nothing groundbreaking, I thought would fair better than last season on a better template (which it did). Still working on my template, so that will always improve I hope, but design wise sticking with the hexagons might get a bit old? I finally got a white clash to work with the gold/red of my home though, which I was happy with. Logo needs work, but now that I have illustrator I will be able to expand my creative abilities in this area.

View attachment 732660
View attachment 732661
View attachment 732662
It goes without saying but your template needs a revamp. It's not long enough. If you want to build your own, find a full length shot of a footy player and trace the jumper, shorts and socks and go from there. That will at least get your dimensions right.

Collar and cuffs are nice and I don't mind the font you've used. The gradient and hoops on the the Hamilton kit is quite nice.

The thing that jumps out to me, design wise, is that it's very plain. What else can you do with the hexagons? What can you put in the background? It's a solid starting point because you've taken a traditional hoop design and built the hexagons into it but what's the next step?

Your presentation is quite nice so I think you're on the right path there.

Keep playing around with ideas!

It goes without saying but your template needs a revamp. It's not long enough. If you want to build your own, find a full length shot of a footy player and trace the jumper, shorts and socks and go from there. That will at least get your dimensions right.
My new template has definitely taken that into account and I'm very much more happy with how it looks now (will probably post on my thread closer to NAFL).
Thanks for the feedback! I will consider the next step of this franchise over the next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back