Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another example of the poison that infests social media.

Anyone can start some rubbish and if it grows legs it does.

Just remember many in the media would love to crucify a club if they can and Collingwood is gold for them.

Talking about Alex Waislitz, it seems we should send congratulations to our esteemed vice president. He is going to be a father again!!!!!!!!
View attachment 722334

It seems that young Alex has nabbed a sportswoman of considerable talents. We might be seeing her in the AFLW next year...... post pregnancy of course... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...y-Venus-Behbahani-Clark-lookalike-sister.html
who says money can't buy happiness?

To put your mind at ease, there is no way in the world that "million dollar fines" are being levied on players/clubs without a full-on hearing, legal representation, etc. This one is just make believe.

Edit: and I just checked Tony Sheahan's twitter account. It isn't news unless Tony tweets it.
And what about Bucks sleeping on the Couch at Pendles place because his marriage has broken down

And I'm still waiting for Gill to be sacked, that one was imminent every two weeks for a full year

The truth is we have/had only two players with a problem due to gambling.
Stevo is currently suspended for a stupid error and the other one got into some deep (legal) gambling debit shyte which has now be taken care of

And what about Bucks sleeping on the Couch at Pendles place because his marriage has broken down

And I'm still waiting for Gill to be sacked, that one was imminent every two weeks for a full year

Stevo is currently suspended for a stupid error and the other one got into some deep (legal) gambling debit s**t which has now be taken care of
Not sure about the second limb of your truth. That sounded very much like another b/s rumour as well.

Stevo is currently suspended for a stupid error and the other one got into some deep (legal) gambling debit s**t which has now be taken care of

I wouldn’t even say that Stevo has “ a problem with gambling”.

All we know is that he is a young kid that made a stupid mistake with a bet of inconsequential financial value.

The beauty of forums like this is that you don't have to believe anything

I know what I know, you know what you know, if they conflict, then so be it
If you are referring to the rumour of a player having gambling debts paid off, let me go through how that would go down if there was a sniff of it being true.

Ken Wood and his team would make a few phone calls and they would have access to betting records, the player's bank statements, which, if the rumour were true, the dollars would go straight to the club's cap and would provide clear evidence of a salary cap breach. Players have to supply these records, and the betting agencies co-operate with the AFL in this area. The fact that this hasn't happened tells me what you think you "know" is complete b/s. If you can provide a logical counter-argument to this, the floor is yours.

Coming back with something like, "I know because someone in the know told me", doesn't pass muster.

If you are referring to the rumour of a player having gambling debts paid off, let me go through how that would go down if there was a sniff of it being true.

Coming back with something like, "I know because someone in the know told me", doesn't pass muster.
For you maybe so, but not for me

One day, I may even decide to tell you the full story.....nah, bugger it, I wont

The other thing is, you seem to really care what I believe, whereas on the other hand I don't care what you believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For you maybe so, but not for me

One day, I may even decide to tell you the full story.....nah, bugger it, I wont

The other thing is, you seem to really care what I believe, whereas on the other hand I don't care what you believe

I don’t care what you think. I care about nameless cowards on the internet peddling untruths which defame people.

Gave you an opportunity to argue your case and you declined. Just another anonymous sh-tposter with nothing to back up his little posts.

If you can tell me how gambling debts being paid down wouldn’t be detected and doesn’t breach the salary cap, I am all ears.

Until you can, that word again, coward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t care what you think. I care about nameless cowards on the internet peddling untruths which defame people.

Gave you an opportunity to argue your case and you declined. Just another anonymous sh-tposter with nothing to back up his little posts.

If you can tell me how gambling debts being paid down wouldn’t be detected and doesn’t breach the salary cap, I am all ears.

Who did I name?

I sense you are getting a little triggered over this, are you ok?

Careful, he's one of those ones who if countered with any kind of facts or logic detrimental to his point he will just block you and put his head back in the sand and continue living in his own little make believe, sheltered workshop world.

Player X is a so and so because I got told so and why must I provide any evidence? But how dare you criticise player Y! That's his MO.

gee there's some aggro about.....so please post responsibly. Some of us are on medication...

It might be a Melbourne thing. Winter is oppressive, just keeps grinding, but for a couple of weeks there was a sense that it'd finally broken: some sunshine, flowering wattle, that sort of thing. Now it's freezing again. Wind. Rain, chance of hail. I reckon being plunged back into Deep Freeze after some promise of Spring has made people a bit grumpy.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

A week or so ago ottoman got me thinking.

He was derailing a thread - think it was 'Josh Daicos' - by reminiscing about banana kicking a sock football into his parents' bedroom. Am guessing it was an intermission in his juvvie detention so a sweet moment.

It made me recall being in the bedroom of a super cute girl from my grade 6 year whom I'd had a crush on for a long time. Our parents had become friends and under sufferance she was chatting to me. When she left the room for a short time, I picked up the small teddy bear on her bed and played a little game of footy. All was going well until teddy went off the side of the Hush Puppy.

The super cute girl returned to me collecting teddy from the fish bowl. Teddy was sodden and the goldfish likely traumatised. The look on her face was telling: it said 'and this is exactly what I expected of you.'

No hugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back