Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
We have to be resting Lycett.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I got a feeling the club is aiming for finals and are resting Lycett.

Perhaps Ryder won't feature if we do make it, and is just filling in temp.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know it's not kosher but I actually hope Sutcliffe does a light hammy and has to come out.

We're gifting games to a bloke that is not in our future.

They were never going to drop him but its still disappointing.

I like it.

Ollie can't play in the same team as SPP so stays out until either performance warrants. No gold passes.

Sutcliffe can't be dropped after last week.

Howard/Lycett stay out to keep the balance of the team in the wake of good performance from our defence and Ladhams.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It could be as simple as Ryder is better at taking advantage of lesser ruckmen because of his taps to advantage whilst Lycett is better at nullifying quality ruckmen.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

No. I believe the midfield have demanded Paddy rucks. The mids want Paddys tap work.
Pure and simple. Paddy is currently our best tap ruckman and that outweighs the plus points for Slyce at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No. I believe the midfield have demanded Paddy rucks. The mids want Paddys tap work.
Pure and simple. Paddy is currently our best tap ruckman and that outweighs the plus points for Slyce at present.

I have a hard time believing this sorry.

It'd be woeful stuff if the coaches give in to players demands such as this.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you're looking for positives, Essendon have 5 out with injuries 😀

Ports!

Hinkley going in unchanged after a big win, utensil blocking our Thursday night melts. Sack him.

I don't think Hinkley has ever made an unforced change after a big win and its this exact kind of comfort that has stopped us from registering regular consecutive wins

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Broke his thumb and still is carrying shoulder problems.
thumbs/fingers are not really injuries you normally go back through the two’s with. And it was only 3 weeks. And the shoulder was in January, and he has played several games since then.

Seems really odd, and almost as if the guy that has polled 33 Brownlow votes the last 2 seasons has fallen so far he can’t make the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
A little surprised Wines isn’t an automatic in like tex is for the clowns, but I think the former does need to get form & confidence back. If it were a dry day then going in unchanged is pretty good, but with the slippery weather it’ll be tricky.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't think Hinkley has ever made an unforced change after a big win and its this exact kind of comfort that has stopped us from registering regular consecutive wins
Obviously no matter what he did you would be negative about it.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Howard and Wines are in our best 22, but i'm ok with them playing sanfl.
I also wanna see another good week of Farrell on the wing and Motlop of playing forward pocket

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was wines form really that bad though? It’s been well below par but still worthy of selection. Sutcliffe is still in the side. Butters hasn’t been setting the world on fire. It’s like when people on this board wanted to drop Robbie gray at the start of the year, because he was off his best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It could be as simple as Ryder is better at taking advantage of lesser ruckmen because of his taps to advantage whilst Lycett is better at nullifying quality ruckmen.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I suspect we view Ryder as a better forward/ruck option compared to Lycett, whereas Lycett's been better in the main role.
I like that we're backing in Ladham's, and happy we've kept the same forward structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back