2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be watching for Ling. I don't subscribe to this idea that we need to trade in a big fish. I think the pieces of the puzzle are there and are starting to come together. It includes Wicks, Bell, Foot, and, I hope, Ling.

They are all unknowns though.

We don't need to trade in a big fish. But we need more fish. Right now there's a lot of caviar on our list.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
That's the spirit!

Onwards To Victory!

I just did a little exercise where I inserted injured players into the current line up and there's a lot to like about next year.

I couldn't fit Sinkers or O'Riordan in. That may be because I have a stiffy over McClean. And it's because I think we do need Clarke as the more defensive type mid.

Apologies for the formatting. I refuse to apologise for being #OffTopic . Out are Bell, Ronke, Fox, and Menzel. I'd be delisting Menzel because I prefer Wicks and Fox as that cover. Ultimately, I see McLean as that big bastard backman.

Cunningham
Franklin
Hayward
Naismith

Sinclair
O’Riordan

B: Mills Rampe McCartin
HB: Jones Aliir Lloyd
C: Florent Hewett Bell Dawson
HF: ParkerHeeney Dawson Reid Papley
F: Fox Hayward Menzel Franklin Blakey
R: ReidNaismith Heeney Parker Kennedy
I/C: McClean Clarke Rowbottom Ronke Cunningham

EDIT: So our depth to this is: Sinclair, O'Riordan, Melican, Ronke, Thurlow, Fox (that's 6) then the "exciting 4" Bell, Ling, Foot, and Wicks.

Last edited:
I just did a little exercise where I inserted injured players into the current line up and there's a lot to like about next year.

I couldn't fit Sinkers or O'Riordan in. That may be because I have a stiffy over McClean. And it's because I think we do need Clarke as the more defensive type mid.

Apologies for the formatting. I refuse to apologise for being #OffTopic . Out are Bell, Ronke, Fox, and Menzel. I'd be delisting Menzel because I prefer Wicks and Fox as that cover. Ultimately, I see McLean as that big bastard backman.

Cunningham
Franklin
Hayward
Naismith

Sinclair
O’Riordan

There's no way I'd have Clarke in our side over O'Riordan.

Other than that I agree, next year we'll be fine.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
There's no way I'd have Clarke in our side over O'Riordan.

Other than that I agree, next year we'll be fine.

No, nor me. But I acknowledge there is a need for a defensive mid. I thought you didn't want Hewett tagging?

EDIT: I'm worried Jones is gone in any event, having not signed by now. So O'Riordan would fit that spot.

I'd be looking for a draft pick for Jones. And a good one. I think two high draft picks this year well used will hold us in a very strong position for the next period. Once again, with McLean and Bell, we've done very well with rookies.

Last edited:
Disappointed B52. What am I paying you on the side for :mad:

Meh.... the promised shipment of Margaret River plonk did not turn up and my stocks of Irish Whiskey and Shiraz Gin seem to be evaporating.

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees

Cunningham
Franklin
Hayward
Naismith

Sinclair
O’Riordan

EDIT: So our depth to this is: Sinclair, O'Riordan, Melican, Ronke, Thurlow, Fox (that's 6) then the "exciting 4" Bell, Ling, Foot, and Wicks.

I'm of your thinking Bruce.
If we can have some ruck luck and Buddy back for an extended run, we should have a truer reading of the list for mine.
There has been to much of a knock-on effect from the MIA across the field.
Naismith The Knee, Buddy The Blood and even someone such as Smith The Smotherer, should allow Longmire to go back to round pegs in round holes.
I'm sure we would find certain players posted in postions different to what has been asked of this season.

At least Fu ******* hopes so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
EDIT: I'm worried Jones is gone in any event, having not signed by now. So O'Riordan would fit that spot.

I'd be looking for a draft pick for Jones. And a good one. I think two high draft picks this year well used will hold us in a very strong position for the next period. Once again, with McLean and Bell, we've done very well with rookies.

Jake Lloyd was off-contract last year. Hadn't signed on at this point in the season and a bunch of people were saying that he was certainly leaving. He put pen to paper on a four year deal on September 21.

Jones may well leave, but the fact he hasn't signed a new contract yet doesn't necessarily mean he won't be doing so.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Jake Lloyd was off-contract last year. Hadn't signed on at this point in the season and a bunch of people were saying that he was certainly leaving. He put pen to paper on a four year deal on September 21.

Jones may well leave, but the fact he hasn't signed a new contract yet doesn't necessarily mean he won't be doing so.

Yeah I read that after I made my post which kind of makes my post full of s**t.

I do feel as though Jones is going though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back