Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2004
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
United, KV Mechelen
People who like heavy metal/death metal/power metal, how did you get into it and why do you like it?

great but impossible to answer question really as everyone is going to be different. for me I got hooked early on riffs, probably through the old man playing Deep Purple's Machine Head pretty constantly when i was a kid. Then got into KISS & hard rock bands then when I first heard Metallica (Master of Puppets / ....and Justice for All) it pretty much changed my musical outlook as far as metal & heavy music was concerned. The harder edge and the lyrical content appealed to the angry person inside me at the time. There's so much great heavy music out there (and plenty of crap too as with all music genres).

A couple of things to check out are Respect the Rock on 3RRR on Thursday from 2-4pm (or online) or if you can track down the documentary series Metal Evolution made in 2012 that would be a great way to learn and understand about the history of Metal from Sabbath to where we are today. It's 12 parts and I just checked and there are episodes on youtube so totally recommend that. It's the best documentary i have seen on Metal going through lots of sub-genres and treating the music with the respect it deserves but often doesn't get from mainstream press. Link below is to the IMDB reference point for the series. Check it out and see what floats your boat.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
People who like heavy metal/death metal/power metal, how did you get into it and why do you like it?

death metal is just pure sh!te

other metal can be great or terrible. i don't listen to it much but when you're in that mood it can be fun to rock along to. i think the only "metal" i've listened to consistently was Scream Aim Fire album by Bullet for my Valentine back in the day. probably pretty soft compared to most lol

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Haven't seen yet.
Will research.

best tv show in recent years for me. just intense/never know what's gonna happen kinda stuff

good to binge watch. season 2 gets talked down a lot for being too slow and what not. i never felt that, maybe it's because i watched the entire thing in a week rather than waiting each week to watch it. it was thrilling and just keeps you thinking and guessing all the time. love that show and glad they're getting to finish it properly without getting cancelled lol

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

other metal can be great or terrible. i don't listen to it much but when you're in that mood it can be fun to rock along to. i think the only "metal" i've listened to consistently was Scream Aim Fire album by Bullet for my Valentine back in the day. probably pretty soft compared to most lol

I reckon you’re a secret Cannibal Corpse fan

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
I see what you mean, had a look at IMDB.
Malek is in Mr Robot.
I will have a look.
One of my favourite new actors is Oscar Isaac.
Drive, Two Faces of January, Ex Machina, Star Wars, At Eternity's Gate.
Funnily enough resembles a young Pacino.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
There's more on the WMO website you can educate yourself on including the differences in the climate indicators researched, their importance, relevance and limitations. Thats right, even "left" type scientific valid organisations are academically secure enough to admit gaps in their knowledge.

Have you read yesterdays comments by Dr Joel Myers, founder and director of the worlds largest weather forecasting company AccuWeather?

20190808_192042.jpg

20190808_192105.jpg

20190808_192128.jpg

20190808_192147.jpg

Interesting the 30s was also the time frame of the Paris records.

Have you read yesterdays comments by Dr Joel Myers, founder and director of the worlds largest weather forecasting company AccuWeather?

View attachment 722826

View attachment 722827

View attachment 722828

View attachment 722830

Interesting the 30s was also the time frame of the Paris records.

Nah mate didn’t see it. Not sure what’s he’s arguing either. Seems to be on the definition of “heat wave” and he doesn’t address global mean temperature increases over the last 30 years.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Nah mate didn’t see it. Not sure what’s he’s arguing either. Seems to be on the definition of “heat wave” and he doesn’t address global mean temperature increases over the last 30 years.
He's saying global extreme weather events haven't increased in 90 years contrary to the believe of the climate alarmists.

From his article
"The story’s leaping-off point was a press release from the London School of Economics (LSE), which noted, “A failure by the media to convey the severity of the health risks from heat waves, which are becoming more frequent due to climate change, could undermine efforts to save lives this week as temperatures climb to dangerous levels.”

Last edited:
He's saying global extreme weather events haven't increased in 90 years contrary to the believe of the climate alarmists.

Seems like he’s saying that about the US from what you posted. And he didn’t mention “weather events” he mentioned “extreme heat waves”.

Doesn’t mean that global mean temps havent increased. I’m not sure he’s arguing against that either.

From his article
"The story’s leaping-off point was a press release from the London School of Economics (LSE), which noted, “A failure by the media to convey the severity of the health risks from heat waves, which are becoming more frequent due to climate change, could undermine efforts to save lives this week as temperatures climb to dangerous levels.”

Looks like you added some additional commentary after I replied.

He’s absolutely right to question any non-scientific organisation’s claims or commentary on climate change. I’m surprised he even bothered.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems like he’s saying that about the US from what you posted. And he didn’t mention “weather events” he mentioned “extreme heat waves”.

Doesn’t mean that global mean temps havent increased. I’m not sure he’s arguing against that either.
it was in reply to a UK article on heatwaves caused by so called global warming.
And NO ONE even Dr Myers deny the global temp is in a cyclical increase.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Yeah...they're ghey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back