FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

Best episode yet.

I wrote last week that The Handmaid’s Tale was back in form after being in danger of being dropped to the magoos - that was a dominant, four quarter effort.

Heading into the finals too, I like it.

Just caught up on the last episode . Great episode and pacing!

Finally Fred got what he deserved. Perfectly executed.
I don't know about "perfectly executed". How is it possible for him to cross over into Canada unawares? We've previously seen the lengths that Gilead goes to, to prevent it's people from leaving - yet Fred just drives across completely oblivious?

I like the sense of justice, but the mechanism just made no sense at all.

I don't know about "perfectly executed". How is it possible for him to cross over into Canada unawares? We've previously seen the lengths that Gilead goes to, to prevent it's people from leaving - yet Fred just drives across completely oblivious?

I like the sense of justice, but the mechanism just made no sense at all.
I actually wonder if Serena was part of the plan, and and both did trust the American guy. Though towards end Fred was questioning the distance.

Eitherway, it was great to see him get caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good episode but I wanted slightly more on Serena and Fred in Canada.

Sad that Eleanor died, she was a good character.

And also, can there be a restraining order on any of The Handmaid’s Tale writers inserting “June stares angrily into camera” into future scripts - FFS, enough already.

Good episode, sad to see Eleanor die but June couldnt trust she would remain quiet.

The writers definitely like to June's angry stares into the camera lol

Moira calling Serena a gender traitor was a powerful scene, I hope something happens to Serena for her role in Gilead.

My guess?

Agent Tuello (dude clearly has a bar in his pants for her) and Serena skip out with Nicole?

My guess?

Agent Tuello (dude clearly has a bar in his pants for her) and Serena skip out with Nicole?

Didn’t he hit on her when they first met at the bar?

Yvonne Strahovski is incredibly gorgeous.

I’d be tempted to put aside her role in establishing and maintaining an oppressive, nightmarish, misogynistic dictatorship to have a lay with her as well.

Didn’t he hit on her when they first met at the bar?

Yvonne Strahovski is incredibly gorgeous.

I’d be tempted to put aside her role in establishing and maintaining an oppressive, nightmarish, misogynistic dictatorship to have a lay with her as well.

In her Headland days with less miles on the clock, for shizzle.

I hope there is a Showcase Trial ala Nuremberg Trial where both Fred and Serena’s back story around their ‘crimes’ is laid out. We only got partially their story on earlier seasons but if they want to hammer Fred as a Commander we really need to see the big picture crimes.

Is Nick out of it altogether now?

Last two eps massive return to form, but if Serena escapes any punishment for her complicity in this s**t, and it’s all just put on Fred and this ‘world built by men’, then this show really has jumped the shark.
But she made the deal to give them Fred

But she made the deal to give them Fred

So what? Would be like letting Myra Hindley walk after cutting a deal to give up Ian Brady.

They are both war criminals and both deserve prison. Full stop. Just because the show is portraying Serena as the poor heartbroken “mother” who has finally “woken up” doesn’t make it so, and if that’s the larger narrative this show is now going to try and drive - that the wives are also victims of Gilead and the ‘patriarchy’ at its core....then hopefully, its going to leave a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

As the third wave feminist brigade are so fond of screeching, women have there own ‘agency’. So that means Serena and the rest, reap the whirlwind.

So what? Would be like letting Myra Hindley walk after cutting a deal to give up Ian Brady.

They are both war criminals and both deserve prison. Full stop. Just because the show is portraying Serena as the poor heartbroken “mother” who has finally “woken up” doesn’t make it so, and if that’s the larger narrative this show is now going to try and drive - that the wives are also victims of Gilead and the ‘patriarchy’ at its core....then hopefully, its going to leave a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

As the third wave feminist brigade are so fond of screeching, women have there own ‘agency’. So that means Serena and the rest, reap the whirlwind.
Whoa dude was just saying in the context of the show she got Fred to them which is why she's being treated ok right now. I also think the Yankee dude is shadier than he looks and will happily throw her under the bus once Fred is dealt with.

I’ve just caught up with this season and this thread and am glad I’m not alone about being annoyed with Elizabeth Moss’s constant close-ups and overacting. I don’t even see her as June anymore, just the actress - unlike anyone else in the show.

I think (from my armchair) that she’s far too involved in the show’s production now.

Been up and down this season hasn’t it, still worth watching overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back