Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I started supporting the Lions in 2015 and for a while there Mitch was the only reason I kept on going to games.

What took you so long?;)

EDIT: and another thing....your user name needs work.

"Lions Flag 2019" would be more appropriate. I'm sure Sausages concurs:)

Last edited:
Dear David,

I know we're 11-5, but the contributors on Big Footy have made the following suggestions:
1. Tonight when we play North at the Gabba as a promotional stunt it would be great idea if we release real live Lions and Kangaroos before the start of the game. I reckon our lads will get some inspiration of the consequences and bring it into the game?:thumbsu:

1. Tonight when we play North at the Gabba as a promotional stunt it would be great idea if we release real live Lions and Kangaroos before the start of the game. I reckon our lads will get some inspiration of the consequences and bring it into the game?:thumbsu:

You're a funny bugger!;)

Would be something to see though, must admit.........a bit like the old days at the Colosseum where the Lions went after their daily meals.

Should do that when Melbourne come to visit - that way you can have the Lions (in this case the good guys) eating the Christians aka Demons just for the irony.

Hmm actually I didn't think that through very well - the original concept was Lions eating Kangaroos ... we would need to import some Demons for the show - and as they say when it comes to making arrangements with demons ... if they are not real it was a bad idea ... if they are real then it is a *really* bad idea!

Back to making toothpicks out of Kangaroo bones then I guess!

Should do that when Melbourne come to visit - that way you can have the Lions (in this case the good guys) eating the Christians aka Demons just for the irony.

Hmm actually I didn't think that through very well - the original concept was Lions eating Kangaroos ... we would need to import some Demons for the show - and as they say when it comes to making arrangements with demons ... if they are not real it was a bad idea ... if they are real then it is a *really* bad idea!

Back to making toothpicks out of Kangaroo bones then I guess!
The Saints works better for that logic.

Everyone’s getting on the Mitch bandwagon!!! Bit late to the party, but better than never

Number 3: here’s to you Mitch Robinson

I'm absolutely stoked with this gift my 18yo son just gave me. Best tshirt I own and a very thoughtful gift.
WHERE DO I GET ONE!?!?!?!?

WHERE DO I GET ONE!?!?!?!?

The Carlton draft

I'm wearing mine on Saturday.

The Carlton draft

I'm wearing mine on Saturday.
What's the sizing like? Generous or slim? Stewie Dew or Simon Black?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I was one who thought Mitch would be overtaken by one of the younger brigade this year given his age and having a bit of a down year overall in 2020 and probably retire at the end of the season, he has had a fantastic season and definitely deserves another year.

A couple of things he does to an elite level IMO .

1- It is amazing how ferocious he is at the man while tackling and times the big hits so well, all while giving away very few free kicks performing this.
2- His vice like hands when going for contested marks are brilliant.

Mitch is the epitome of a heart and soul player.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I was one who thought Mitch would be overtaken by one of the younger brigade this year given his age and having a bit of a down year overall in 2020 and probably retire at the end of the season, he has had a fantastic season and definitely deserves another year.

A couple of things he does to an elite level IMO .

1- It is amazing how ferocious he is at the man while tackling and times the big hits so well, all while giving away very few free kicks performing this.
2- His vice like hands when going for contested marks are brilliant.

Mitch is the epitome of a heart and soul player.

Another aspect of his game that I feel is grossly underrated is his closing speed.

His ability to get to a contest and meaningfully impact on it is elite.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another aspect of his game that I feel is grossly underrated is his closing speed.

His ability to get to a contest and meaningfully impact on it is elite.

Agree, and let’s not forget he is a pretty reliable shot in goal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has cut out the hail Mary lunge at the opposition ball carrier lately, seems to be always on feet and ready to impact the next contest. Biggest change I've noticed this year, so good to see him do so well.

Back