Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Iwobi a home grown?

He’s been at Arsenal since he was 9 yrs old.

Sad to see him go. Don’t think any Arsenal fans have a bad word to say about him. Was for large parts of last season the only player that looked like making something happen in the team when on the park.

As I’ve said before, has all the attributes to be a big contributor in the PL, if he can just get his decision making right.

Will also be interesting to see where he plays at Everton.

Krusty the Clown to Arsenal.

With that attack and that defense they are going to lose a lot of games 5-4.

Luiz is terrible. What a waste of 8 million quid.:D

This transfer illustrates interesting human behaviour. 24 hours ago, supporters of both teams (arch enemies) loved and hated him (based on club support). The love and hate/dislike is still there, just flipped over!

He's a dud
He's a good player

He's a gun!!! Can't believe we got him!
Happy to see him gone. Absolute dud.

This transfer illustrates interesting human behaviour. 24 hours ago, supporters of both teams (arch enemies) loved and hated him (based on club support). The love and hate/dislike is still there, just flipped over!

He's a dud
He's a good player

He's a gun!!! Can't believe we got him!
Happy to see him gone. Absolute dud.

And if you're a Spurs fan like me, it's a win/win. We hated him at Chelsea and we'll hate him even more now whilst he simultaneously makes their defense even more substandard than it already is.

Happy days.:thumbsu:

And if you're a Spurs fan like me, it's a win/win. We hated him at Chelsea and we'll hate him even more now whilst he simultaneously makes their defense even more substandard than it already is.

Happy days.:thumbsu:

One day he may be a spur. Then it's time to delete all negative krusty posts!

Not really, i think it's closer to £35 million, it's about right, iwobi isn't as bad as what everyone seems to think on here, reckon he'll do well at everton.
34 with add ons.

He works hard, but his final product needs a lot of work.

Everton is probably the sort of level he should be at. He's not a top 6 player.

34 with add ons.

He works hard, but his final product needs a lot of work.

Everton is probably the sort of level he should be at. He's not a top 6 player.

Agree. 100% perfect assessment.

He'll thrive at Everton if he is prepared to work hard. He's not a mug and can offer them something a bit different.

Krusty the Clown to Arsenal.

With that attack and that defense they are going to lose a lot of games 5-4.

Luiz is terrible. What a waste of 8 million quid.:D

If they play a back 3 he'll be a good signing, he's quality on his day. Plus he's close to the best passing CB in the world and his balls over the top to Pepe and PEA are going to create a lot of goals.

He'll be pretty motivated to prove Frank wrong too.

If they play a back 3 he'll be a good signing, he's quality on his day. Plus he's close to the best passing CB in the world and his balls over the top to Pepe and PEA are going to create a lot of goals.

He'll be pretty motivated to prove Frank wrong too.
Our game style under emery is to pass out the back and as you said he's arguably the best passing cb in the world, is a great fit

Deadline day madness..

jimwhite_zps7cea1bde.jpg

8434165378_c6350e19ec_o.gif

Will Emery play a back 3?
That's what he played mostly last season, so I would think so, yes, that seemed to be his game plan with wingbacks, until injuries happened and he chopped changed a lot but i would say that is his preferred system, plus he's coached him before so would know his strengths/weaknesses very well

Honestly I think it's a great signing for us, i was hoping we'd get him for a swap with giroud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arsenal went amazing, for a team with no budget they've pulled an all time window. They'll be challenging.

Chelsea did well all things considered. Pulisic looks to be a good signing.
Spurs have done well, probably one or two short.
City and Liverpool didn't need to do anything really.
United did excellent for defence but has fluffed the rest of it, sold no deadwood and didn't get any new midfielders or attackers. Another Woody special.
The other teams in the chasing pack strengthened well enough to be in calculations for a top 4-6 finish.

Arsenal did well, especially clearing out a lot of dead wood but not enough to be challenging the top 3. They are capable of getting the last CL spot though.

United made a complete mess of it. They got bent over for Harry Maguire and failed to get Sanchez off their books. Wan-Bissaka was good business but let's see how he goes with increased expectation. They are very thin up front.

Even allowing for my bias, Spurs did exceedingly well. Lo Celso has 19 caps for Argentina and should provide more creativity in the middle of the park and Ndombele already looks like the signing of the window by any club. Sessegnon is still a project player in my opinion and Clarke has been loaned back to Leeds. A lot of talk has been centered on strengthening at RB but people are forgetting just what a liability Trippier was last season. Walker-Peters is an improvement but Juan Foyth is being groomed for the role anyway. Much depends on whether they keep Eriksen and more importantly, Alderweireld.

Wolves and Leicester are teams on the rise.

Onto other leagues.

Sane to Bayern seems unlikely now. Bale still a chance. Coutinho linked (as well as to PSG)
Milan lost Kessie and Bakayoko, so midfield needs reinforcements

Outside those teams
Neymar needs a home (Real v Barca it would seem)

Pogba & Eriksen are interesting propositions now neither team has the capacity to replace.
Do they go now, or Jan or a later date. Or do their respective clubs try to convince them to commit

Inter v Juve for Serie A should be a good battle.

Will Emery play a back 3?

Probably will until Bellerin and Tierney are fit.

Who had the better window?

Spurs
Lo Celso (loan in)
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Clarke (loaned out)

VS

Arsenal

Ceballos (loan in)
Luiz
Pepe
Tienery
Saliba (loaned out)

They look almost identical really - both dipped into Spanish based young mids (albeit Spurs will own Lo Celso in a year, balances out if Ceballos stays), young French talent, defence for the future. Both will also be happy with what they did their existing squads moreso... Spurs keeping Eriksen and Arsenal clearing out list cloggers. Worth adding we also added the Brazilian kid Martinelli who's looked tidy in the pre-season.

Spurs
Lo Celso (loan in)
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Clarke (loaned out)

VS

Arsenal

Ceballos (loan in)
Luiz
Pepe
Tienery
Saliba (loaned out)
Tierney is a good signing. Solid defender, very capable in attack and mature beyond his age. Possible captain material for them down the line.
Rather jealous of that signing, even with Sess.

Spurs
Lo Celso (loan in)
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Clarke (loaned out)

VS

Arsenal

Ceballos (loan in)
Luiz
Pepe
Tienery
Saliba (loaned out)

Lo Celso is essentially a full transfer but put through as a loan/option to offset the onsell to PSG.

Is Ceballos the same deal or is it a genuine loan?

I think Spurs did better in terms of overall quality but Arsenal got rid of a lot of dead wood which is a good result. The Luiz one is just odd in my opinion. They needed to strengthen their defense but bought a guy who is named as a defender but really wants to be a striker and tries to play accordingly.

Spurs
Lo Celso (loan in)
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Clarke (loaned out)

VS

Arsenal

Ceballos (loan in)
Luiz
Pepe
Tienery
Saliba (loaned out)
Good discussion point, actually.

I think both have spent big on obvious weaknesses in their team and both have made some excellent signings.

Probably Arsenal have just shaded it, although I'm not at all convinced that Luiz is the man to solve their big issue at CB. Tierney is reportedly injured too, right? If so, he'll obviously have a delayed start and may not have much of an influence in 19/20, however he's a long-term signing anyway. Pepe should bang and Ceballos looks excellent, although gets marked down slightly due to the lack of an option.

For us, Ndombele and Lo Celso are two of the best players we could have got to fix the massive weakness in our team in central midfield, so I'm ecstatic with both. Crucially too, unlike Ceballos, we've got that option to buy on Lo Celso and I would be staggered if we don't take that up. Meanwhile, Sessegnon is arguably the biggest u20 prospect in English football, or at least he was this time last year. However, we still have a provisional weakness at RB. I personally think Foyth and Walker-Peters will step up, but I know a lot of Spurs fans that don't, and there's still a huge question mark on Eriksen's future.

So, yeah, I'd say Arsenal just. They fixed a weakness at CM, nominally fixed the weakness at CB, although I'm not personally convinced, picked up one of the best defensive prospects in British football and turned their front 3 into arguably the most devastating in the league.

Arsenal did well, especially clearing out a lot of dead wood but not enough to be challenging the top 3. They are capable of getting the last CL spot though.

United made a complete mess of it. They got bent over for Harry Maguire and failed to get Sanchez off their books. Wan-Bissaka was good business but let's see how he goes with increased expectation. They are very thin up front.

Even allowing for my bias, Spurs did exceedingly well. Lo Celso has 19 caps for Argentina and should provide more creativity in the middle of the park and Ndombele already looks like the signing of the window by any club. Sessegnon is still a project player in my opinion and Clarke has been loaned back to Leeds. A lot of talk has been centered on strengthening at RB but people are forgetting just what a liability Trippier was last season. Walker-Peters is an improvement but Juan Foyth is being groomed for the role anyway. Much depends on whether they keep Eriksen and more importantly, Alderweireld.

Wolves and Leicester are teams on the rise.

Arsenal have a lethal front 3, got some good midfielders in and settled the defence. They'll be challenging.

Onto other leagues.

Sane to Bayern seems unlikely now. Bale still a chance. Coutinho linked (as well as to PSG)
Milan lost Kessie and Bakayoko, so midfield needs reinforcements

Outside those teams
Neymar needs a home (Real v Barca it would seem)

Pogba & Eriksen are interesting propositions now neither team has the capacity to replace.
Do they go now, or Jan or a later date. Or do their respective clubs try to convince them to commit

Inter v Juve for Serie A should be a good battle.

Zero chance that Pogba is sold, unless RM offer 200m or more United would not even think about it.

Good discussion point, actually.

I think both have spent big on obvious weaknesses in their team and both have made some excellent signings.

Probably Arsenal have just shaded it, although I'm not at all convinced that Luiz is the man to solve their big issue at CB. Tierney is reportedly injured too, right? If so, he'll obviously have a delayed start and may not have much of an influence in 19/20, however he's a long-term signing anyway. Pepe should bang and Ceballos looks excellent, although gets marked down slightly due to the lack of an option.

For us, Ndombele and Lo Celso are two of the best players we could have got to fix the massive weakness in our team in central midfield, so I'm ecstatic with both. Crucially too, unlike Ceballos, we've got that option to buy on Lo Celso and I would be staggered if we don't take that up. Meanwhile, Sessegnon is arguably the biggest u20 prospect in English football, or at least he was this time last year. However, we still have a provisional weakness at RB. I personally think Foyth and Walker-Peters will step up, but I know a lot of Spurs fans that don't, and there's still a huge question mark on Eriksen's future.

So, yeah, I'd say Arsenal just. They fixed a weakness at CM, nominally fixed the weakness at CB, although I'm not personally convinced, picked up one of the best defensive prospects in British football and turned their front 3 into arguably the most devastating in the league.
I still think Liverpool's front three is better than ours.

Having said that, not complaining at all about how front three.

If Ozil feels like playing, it will be assist city with him feeding those guys.

Arsenal have a lethal front 3, got some good midfielders in and settled the defence. They'll be challenging.

Settled in defence?

Hilarious.

Their front three is great but they will need to win a lot of games 4-3 and 5-4 because they will concede goals for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back