Kayo for the richmond game

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Hey fellow blue and golders - richmond eagles up in a coupla weeks - for those of you not aware its a 3 hr delay game on fta tv

May i suggest it would be a good time to get a 2 week trial of kayo so you can watch live and in hd

If you do need some tech help with setting it up post in here and i will assist.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey fellow blue and golders - richmond eagles up in a coupla weeks - for those of you not aware its a 3 hr delay game on fta tv

May i suggest it would be a good time to get a 2 week trial of kayo so you can watch live and in hd

If you do need some tech help with setting it up post in here and i will assist.

Looks pretty good. Cost is definitely better than fox sports. Will have a look.

joeyavalanche

Premiership Player
May 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Best investment I made this year.
Apple TV with Kayo app and plugged in direct to modem. Been amazing all year. Replays up straight away. All fox footy shows, nba, espn, cricket, a-league, nrl etc.
$35 a month and split an account with 2 friends and it’s $11 each!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
As much as i hate murdoch its such a good product at a reasonable price point im hooked.

Being able to go fishing - come back at whatever time them as soon as your home play the game from the start - often by the time ive ff between the goal and the bounce and the q time breaks ive caught up - miss something and you rw.

My only gripe is the stupid interface - why they didnt just copy netflix / stan et al is annoying

To be able to press the microphone button on apple tv and say go back 30 seconds or whatever is gold

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm overseas for the last two home games. Will the free chrome VPN add on work for Kayo or will i need to buy a legit one?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
The killer for me is the ads still being there during the 7 games. I’ll continue to stinge my parents Foxtel Go account until all 9 games are ad free (which won’t be until the next rights deal most likely), I ain’t paying to watch footy with ads.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I'm overseas for the last two home games. Will the free chrome VPN add on work for Kayo or will i need to buy a legit one?
Depends - how much throughput will the chrome vpn give and how fast the connection is without vpn vs how far away the connection is from australia vs do you want hd or sd

Lots of variables - in my experience free vpns are slow as s**t

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Apple TV with Kayo app and plugged in direct to modem. Been amazing all year. Replays up straight away. All fox footy shows, nba, espn, cricket, a-league, nrl etc.

Same here. Used to have to head down to the local pub to catch a game, and if it clashed with a Vic game you'd be relegated to the small TVs.

Have Kayo casting through Chromecast and it's brilliant. Not just the quality of the stream, but being able to rewind, watch on delay, pause to do a beer run, etc. You're watching the game on your terms.

Only negative is the lack of EPL & international soccer coverage. But that's a broadcast rights thing.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Had massive issues with Kayo on 2 separate Chromecast gen 1 - constantly pausing / buffering - despite it working fine via Apple Airplay or watching on laptop. I've upgraded to a Chromecast Gen 3, and it now works fine.

Picture is better than 7 HD if your internet is decent.

Had massive issues with Kayo on 2 separate Chromecast gen 1 - constantly pausing / buffering - despite it working fine via Apple Airplay or watching on laptop. I've upgraded to a Chromecast Gen 3, and it now works fine.

Picture is better than 7 HD if your internet is decent.
I've just made the decision to boot Foxtel when they ended my special deal I reneogiated 12 months ago and bumped up the price, so Kayo was the solution. I've had a couple of issues with it on Chromecast and had read somewhere else that the latest Chromecast fixes it, so given your confirmation I guess I know what I'm buying on the way home tonight...

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I've just made the decision to boot Foxtel when they ended my special deal I reneogiated 12 months ago and bumped up the price, so Kayo was the solution. I've had a couple of issues with it on Chromecast and had read somewhere else that the latest Chromecast fixes it, so given your confirmation I guess I know what I'm buying on the way home tonight...

A carton of beer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
You don't need the pricier 4k version (Kayo isnt 4k anyway), just the normal Gen 3.

And yeh, get that carton of beer too.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have a similar set up but I run my apple tv though the wifi. You can run them straight from a modem?? I'm guessing this ups the speed?

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Same here. Used to have to head down to the local pub to catch a game, and if it clashed with a Vic game you'd be relegated to the small TVs.

Have Kayo casting through Chromecast and it's brilliant. Not just the quality of the stream, but being able to rewind, watch on delay, pause to do a beer run, etc. You're watching the game on your terms.

Only negative is the lack of EPL & international soccer coverage. But that's a broadcast rights thing.
It's good for us EFL lovers! I used to have to pay 5 pounds a game to watch leeds play on Leeds TV, this season Kayo stream every EFL game that's showing on Bein. Got the leeds game last Sunday and getting it tomorrow too! :)

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Whats a chromecast? Like a media box?
Not quite. It's a small device that plugs in the HDMI port of your TV / AV receiver. It connects to your WiFi and you "cast" video to it from your PC or phone.
Once you install the app on your phone, all the Chromecast-compatible apps on your phone get a "cast" button that lets you view the content on your Chromecast instead of on your phone. It's a very handy device for something so small & inexpensive.

joeyavalanche

Premiership Player
May 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a similar set up but I run my apple tv though the wifi. You can run them straight from a modem?? I'm guessing this ups the speed?

Apple TV straight to modem. Doesn’t ensure it’s faster but it’s not getting caught up with all your devices trying to pinch the WiFi waves!
I’ve definitely noticed it’s much smoother with the hard line connection

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
The killer for me is the ads still being there during the 7 games. I’ll continue to stinge my parents Foxtel Go account until all 9 games are ad free (which won’t be until the next rights deal most likely), I ain’t paying to watch footy with ads.
How many of the eagles games are seven (national) games? I know all are on 7perth but how many out of 22 are seven games with seven commentators? Majority would be fox yeh?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
How many of the eagles games are seven (national) games? I know all are on 7perth but how many out of 22 are seven games with seven commentators? Majority would be fox yeh?

Hard to remember off the top of my head but we’ve had

Round 3 @ Collingwood
Round 5 v Port
Round 8 @ St. Kilda?
Round 9 v Melbourne
Round 16 @ Fremantle? (I was at this game so I didn’t watch it. 7 normally do the last game on a Saturday though)
Round 17 v Collingwood
Round 18 @ Melbourne
Round 20 @ Carlton

That’s just off my memory and looking at the fixture, I could be wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back