Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Hard to say without knowing how disruptive he was being at training.
It leaves us short on CBs until Rudiger is back. So that's not ideal.

I mean I also did watch him every game last season, he was good but prone to moments of dumb.
Like he's always been.

Well I suppose it couldn't have been any worse than watching Trippier stink it up. ;)

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I wouldn't have thought harry McGuire would be a 75 million dollar better defender then luiz, not the perfect get for arsenal but now they can have a look around in later windows and not panic buy on someone. Good piece of business for them and Tierney is very highly rated and people banging on about hes from a lower league you gotta start somewhere.

Oh, United got reamed there.

Without the KY too. Leicester must be fapping themselves silly over that.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yep Kyle and Foyth

How long is Aurier out for? Might chuck Kyle in my DT

Straight into mine for 5M mate. Foyth is out until the end of September and Aurier seems to be behind KWP in the pecking order and has played in every pre-season game. Nailed on starter for the first month at least I reckon.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
It's what Juve do though. If it is going to happen they probably are already sowing the seeds for it behind the scenes.
If i was a betting man, which I'm absolutely not, so this is probably very wrong, my guess would be that he either signs with Madrid before the Euro window closes, or he signs a new contract with a reasonable release clause in it for a few clubs that he wants to go to. I could be wrong and naive, but I honestly don't think he's the type of person who would run his contract down in order to get a massive signing bonus or whatever. IIRC even when he knew he was leaving Ajax and his contract was running down, he did something similar so that Ajax wouldn't lose out.

I think that's the thing with Luiz, he is good, but you know there is a mistake that is waiting to happen.

Granted, it's better than having to put up with Mustafi.
Haha until they start a game together as a CB pair.

That would be ... entertaining.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Oh, United got reamed there.

Without the KY too. Leicester must be fapping themselves silly over that.

If Maguire turns out to be a VVD like signing for us I think the transfer will be looked back on with a positive view on it, likewise if he struggles and plays like ass everyone will laugh at us and there will be endless memes about it.

We had to pay up, probably £35-40m more than his worth but we simply couldn’t go into this season with the CB’s we have, just couldn’t.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If Maguire turns out to be a VVD like signing for us I think the transfer will be looked back on with a positive view on it, likewise if he struggles and plays like ass everyone will laugh at us and there will be endless memes about it.

We had to pay up, probably £35-40m more than his worth but we simply couldn’t go into this season with the CB’s we have, just couldn’t.

Yeah, that's the problem. The Foxes knew you were desperate so they extracted the maximum.

The Glazers have plenty though so the price really wouldn't matter to their supporters.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah, that's the problem. The Foxes knew you were desperate so they extracted the maximum.

The Glazers have plenty though so the price really wouldn't matter to their supporters.

That’s it. You can’t negotiate when you’re desperate and it’s not like the market allows solid players to be sold for less than a club wants. The key is that Maguire and Lindelof should be a solid partnership, the cost of Harry is an afterthought. And IMO, if United leak goals this season it will come from having a midfield that wasn’t upgraded and that’s where Woodward ****ed up this summer.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Mate, Luiz is nowhere near the player he was and the player he was wasn't that good to begin with. I'd love to see some numbers but I would hazard a guess that Luiz commits more defensive errors than almost every other CH at a top flight club. His ball playing ability masks his horrendous positioning, usually stemming from his irrational need to get forward at all costs. He was directly responsible for conceding 4 goals to Germany in less than 10 minutes of football in the 2014 WC SF and hasn't really learnt from the lessons dished out to him that day.

Tierney is a good prospect but he is straight out of the Scottish league so we don't know how he will stack up...much like Sessegnon at Spurs who was purchased for around the same fee but has some question marks.

They also lost the best CH they have had in a decade so I fail to see how they have strengthened in that area and it wasn't as if they were difficult to score against last season.
???

David Luiz was arguably the biggest reason chelsea won there last title, your just hung up about that brazil game that he copped the brunt of the blame for there were 10 other players on the pitch you know, he wouldn't of been sold for massive amounts of money and played at top clubs and for the brasilian national team if he was s**t, I don't get the logic.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
???

David Luiz was arguably the biggest reason chelsea won there last title, your just hung up about that brazil game that he copped the brunt of the blame for there were 10 other players on the pitch you know, he wouldn't of been sold for massive amounts of money and played at top clubs and for the brasilian national team if he was s**t, I don't get the logic.

Luiz was also instrumental in a UCL and 2 Europa titles. He's a very good defender prone to the odd brain fade, kind of like Brian Lake.

Feb 16, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good buy of Tierney by Arsenal - just brought in the best scottish left back for cheap.
I reckon Tierney is the best piece of business this transfer window £25 million is a bargain for a player of his quality, him and kean for everton are great pieces of business imo, I even think Iwobi for everton is a good deal as well and Luiz for Arsenal as is Ndombele/Sessengon for Spurs

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I reckon Tierney is the best piece of business this transfer window £25 million is a bargain for a player of his quality, him and kean for everton are great pieces of business imo, I even think Iwobi for everton is a good deal as well and Luiz for Arsenal as is Ndombele for Spurs
You had to talk about Iwobi being a good deal.. Good deal for Arsenal.

but the trio of Leno/Martinez/Macey is a worry particularly if injuries happen.

Macey spent last season on loan at my club Plymouth - he is awful so I hope for Arsenal's sake he isn't anywhere near the first team.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I don't know where the idea the Arsenal defence is that bad, or will "concede goals for fun" comes from bar wishful thinking. They got smashed once last year by a rampaging Liverpool but take out that last month of capitulations they compare well with the teams around them and conceded less goals than United for example without the hypotheticals. They conceded 1.3gpg last season and would look to vastly improve on that adding Tierney and Luiz and having Bellerin and Holding return from injury. They also need much more help from mids like Xhaka and Guendouzi, and hopefully Ceballos will be able to fill the role of Ramsey who will be a big loss.

At that, it's not to say they're brilliant and they certainly need work. If anything we're most vulnerable in goals, we'd hope Leno is better for the year in the system but the trio of Leno/Martinez/Macey is a worry particularly if injuries happen.
Didn’t you concede over 50 goals last season?

Luiz was also instrumental in a UCL and 2 Europa titles. He's a very good defender prone to the odd brain fade, kind of like Brian Lake.
At 32 does it still remain present tense or now past tense?

No Kante like holding mid at Arsenal. Just 3 shades of s**t really.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Could say the same about Spurs.. half of it is probably past tense now. Vertonghen looked long in the tooth and made many mistakes last year. Toby is going that way.

Feb 16, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal

All he has to do is play to his strengths and ping it to aubameyang/pepe/lacazette and he may just end up being the best transfer of the window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back