Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Melbourne (R21, Sat 10/08 1:45pm MCG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne's named forward line.

Dunkley 185cm
Fritsch 188cm
Hunt 187cm
Melksham 186cm
Petracca 186cm
Petty 197cm

Madgen is 5cm shorter than Petty and and at least 5cm Taller and slower than the other forwards.
There just isn't a match up for him.

Rubbish. Everyone is quicker than Fritsch and I'd guess Madgen has Petracca (draft combine 3.0 sec 20m sprint time only just quicker than Pendles who had a 3.02 if I remember correctly) covered as well. Lewis is the other player who has been playing forward recently and he'd also have him covered for pace. Dunkley I don't know enough about.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
How do you know he is fit enough to get through a game without injury?

You might be one of the people Adam was talking about

It's risk vs reward.

Full training for near on 6 weeks now, competing in match sims, no issues with directional changes.

Much easier to take the risk now than week 1 of our Finals campaign.
And they've said he'll play in the VFL after our bye, so if he's that close.. Pull the Trigger.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's risk vs reward.

Full training for near on 6 weeks now, competing in match sims, no issues with directional changes.

Much easier to take the risk now than week 1 of our Finals campaign.
And they've said he'll play in the VFL after our bye, so if he's that close.. Pull the Trigger.
Yeah, Wells risk, so you get a (short term euphoric) reward

I wonder what you would say if someone told you, to take the risk of injury for the good of the customers, at the place you work
Go on, pull the trigger, you know you want to be laid up with an injury for the good of your boss

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
What’s Lynch’s track record as a forward, which he would have been doing for 90 percent of the match? Don’t answer that, it’s a rhetorical question. The answer is zero.

At least with the Madgen option we still have the flexibility to switch Roughead back if needed. Roughead is a proven ruckman and has been a competent forward in the past.

I'm not questioning Roughead's ability to play/forward ruck.

I'm questioning the selection of Madgen. Who can't play anywhere.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Yeah, Wells risk, so you get a (short term euphoric) reward

I wonder what you would say if someone told you, to take the risk of injury for the good of the customers, at the place you work
Go on, pull the trigger, you know you want to be laid up with an injury for the good of your boss

Jesus christ, want to draw a longer bow.

Pay me 300K-400K a year and i'll gladly risk a knee injury for my employer.
I play cricket for a hell of a lot less money than that and i'm at risk of injuring my knee's every week.

This is it for Wells, last roll of the dice.
Do you want him playing the first final off the back of 50% game time in the VFL in Rd 23?

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not playing Wells is ridiculous.

It's now or never.

So the plan is for him to play VFL in Round 23 and then 1st final.

Needs more game time, i'd much prefer him to break down in one of the last 3 games of the season than in our first final which will most likely be an elimination final.

It's not now or never. It's now or in two weeks 😄

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
Well, the people who’ve been watching him play recently think he can.

Is that supposed to fill me with comfort and confidence?

Because those same people thought the same of Crocker. Twice.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
I wish people could decide if Madgen was a tall or a medium. I can understand if they have doubts about his ability, but you'd think there should be no doubts about his height.
You'd have thought 192cm had decided that

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Knightmare, looks like Petracca will play full forward, and gets a go against a team with no recognised key defender if we take Roughead out of there. I know that's a role you've been keen for him to play for awhile, are you interested to see how it goes?

Not the first time Petracca has played out of the goal square for them within games for periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back