Round 21 Changes vs Sydney

He got over 20 disposals and won the hitouts .. he played literally at the level he's capable of. He's not a nic naitanui. If Ken's wants to go with this approach that's fine.. how did Lobbe get a gig for years then despite strong form underneath? We pulled the guy from a premiership side doing exactly what he was going there and more here to drop him at this point makes no sense... Drop Ryder who won't be here next year?

Lycett’s best got him 10 coaches votes against Geelong. And he got that because he was fit enough to get around the ground. When he’s on, he has the traits similar to Dean Cox.

That’s his level.

Billy Frampton says hi.

Liked for ruck comments, nearly disliked for the Tall forward comment.

Frampton didn’t perform at AFL level to the point where people can legitimately say he would have made a difference.

Just watched Ken's presser. Listening to him trying to rationalise how Ollie really is in our best 22 but will be playing for the Magpies this weekend AND needs a teammate to get injured to get back into the team this year was genuinely funny.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Frampton didn’t perform at AFL level to the point where people can legitimately say he would have made a difference.
He hasn’t been given much of a chance prove that though has he ?

3 goals in his first game this year then in the next at least presented all day in pretty tough conditions getting poor delivery.

Just watched Ken's presser. Listening to him trying to rationalise how Ollie really is in our best 22 but will be playing for the Magpies this weekend AND needs a teammate to get injured to get back into the team this year was genuinely funny.

Why is that funny?

He’s saying that he believes the selected team will continue to get the job done and he’s not going to change it if they do.

When Burton comes back, he’ll be in the same boat.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why is that funny?

He’s saying that he believes the selected team will continue to get the job done and he’s not going to change it if they do.

Yeah ken doesn't make changes untill we lose. Loves jumping at shadows. No wonder we are so inconsistent.

Why is that funny?

It's self explanatory. He can't get a game because the players selected ahead of him are better - ie, he's not best 22.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I
I'm not against anyone who has been out 3 or 4 weeks returning via the 2s.
What is interesting is the caveat that his ultimate return is related to an injury in the 1s.

It's self explanatory. He can't get a game because the players selected ahead of him are better - ie, he's not best 22.

There’s the best 22 based on talent, and then there is the best 22 that are selected on performance.

Or to put it another way - the best 22 players vs the right 22 players.

Or, because he busted his shoulder doing something inherently dangerous and stupid at the most important time of the year and blew away his first season as (co - lol) captain.

Would we make Robbie gray or Travis boak go back through the twos after 3 weeks off with a thumb?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having just come back from a broken leg and previously a dislocated shoulder? Probably.

Ollie's season has been an absolute train wreck and almost needs to be called time on.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wines is best 22, he hasn’t been anywhere near his best but still clearly best 22. I don’t understand why he isn’t getting brought straight back Into the side.

Going in unchanged after a good win hasn’t worked all year, pick your best available 22.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Having just come back from a broken leg and previously a dislocated shoulder? Probably.

Ollie's season has been an absolute train wreck and almost needs to be called time on.
He has already come back and played from those previous injuries.

the bolded part i agree with but he is still best 22 and can still have an impact.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lycett’s best got him 10 coaches votes against Geelong. And he got that because he was fit enough to get around the ground. When he’s on, he has the traits similar to Dean Cox.

That’s his level.
Who's geelongs ruckman....?

Nobody really

He had a great game yep and has been no different all season. One of the most consistent performers on our list this year which is why dropping him is astounding.

Who's geelongs ruckman....

Nobody.

He had a great game and has been no different all season

I’m not talking about when he’s in the ruck, I’m talking about all the other areas of the ground.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not talking about when he’s in the ruck, I’m talking about all the other areas of the ground.
I get that but the reality is he's worked more around the ground than any other ruckman we've had since Primus/Lade ..we've barely had a ruckman since who's got any ball around the ground.

In that Geelong game he got 4 more disposals against one ruck in Smith as opposed to being up against Mumford and Simpson (who did nothing) .. there's not much seperating both performances

Last edited:
He has already come back and played from those previous injuries.

the bolded part i agree with but he is still best 22 and can still have an impact.

My point is the combination of all three would mean his match fitness would be way off. Far worse than if it was simply a return from three weeks out for a broken thumb.

He got over 20 disposals and won the hitouts .. he played literally at the level he's capable of. He's not a nic naitanui. If Ken's wants to go with this approach that's fine.. how did Lobbe get a gig for years then despite strong form underneath? We pulled the guy from a premiership side doing exactly what he was going there and more here to drop him at this point makes no sense... Drop Ryder who won't be here next year?
In fairness Lobbe hit peak Lobbe up for some weeks until the last quarter of ‘14.

Playing Ryder now might be a matter of potential return at the end of the year.

Agree with you by the way.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What strong form underneath was there that you would drop Lobbe for before 2016?
Frampton / Howard anybody else could of supported Ryder it was getting the point that he was that much of a liability Sam Gray could of.. but here we have Lycett getting dropped after 20+ disposal games and a dominant performance in ruck nearly every week. Just odd again.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd just give Wines the rest of the year off, he hasn't fired a shot all year bar the West Coast game. This has been the season from hell for him.
A lot of it being mental as well I believe. He felt singled out and bullied after the water skiing injury.. sounds like he and the club even complained to the AFLs players association CEO Paul Marsh about the "treatment" he copped by some of the media including Kane Cornes about it all. Weak. We are not here to win anything.

Back