Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Andy Maher on SEN: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Caro on 3AW: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Caro on Footy Classified: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Damo in his Sliding Doors column (talking about Geelong): "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Never change, AFL media
Was having a good laugh about that talking to a mate earlier … not the first time Damo has made mention about the fact that no one is talking about Melbourne either. My point is - regardless of the fact that people keep talking about us - what is there left to say? There was plenty of talk earlier in the season about how poorly we're playing, and nothing has changed. Pretty sure if you're in the media and you're just banging on about the same thing, you're not going to be in the media for long.

Was having a good laugh about that talking to a mate earlier … not the first time Damo has made mention about the fact that no one is talking about Melbourne either. My point is - regardless of the fact that people keep talking about us - what is there left to say? There was plenty of talk earlier in the season about how poorly we're playing, and nothing has changed. Pretty sure if you're in the media and you're just banging on about the same thing, you're not going to be in the media for long.
That's the media trying to create news/controversy where there is none alright. Nothing left to say so let's talk about no one saying anything.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Andy Maher on SEN: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Caro on 3AW: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Caro on Footy Classified: "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Damo in his Sliding Doors column (talking about Geelong): "no one is talking about Melbourne"

Never change, AFL media
“I am the one who is not talking the most about Melbourne!”

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Caro ,
Maybe apart from our team sucking this season there is actually nothing else to talk about. Would you prefer we had players caught doing drugs, gambling illegally on football matches , associating with criminals or maybe a board upheaval just so you have something to have a go at us for.
Anyway keep trying dear , it's all just noise to me .
A Melbourne supporter . 🖕

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
In fairness to Andy Maher, Caro and Barrett. “They’re ******* s**t” is a pretty short conversation.

That being said, maybe someone could talk about Melbourne? I dunno, maybe if we had say a few hundred people employed to cover the sport full time as ‘professionals’ if you will. Maybe some could report events as they happen - let’s loosely label them as ‘reporters’. There could also be others that piece together facts from sources and jot them down on a notepad or keep a journal of sorts and offer some analysis of a situation drawn out over a longer period - we could call these individuals ‘journalists’. So, we have a few hundred ‘professional’ ‘reporters’ and ‘journalists’ - lets just say a number higher than the amount who cover federal politics - who could communicate football issues across a number of mediums such as radio, TV, print and digital which we could collectively call ‘media’.

If such a system existed, perhaps one or two of these ‘professional’ ‘journalists’ and ‘reporters’ could talk about Melbourne in the ‘media’? That way intellectuals such as Andy, Caro and Barrett wouldn’t have to waste their important time talking about how nobody is talking about Melbourne. Perhaps in this crazy vision even Caro, Andy and Barrett would have the opportunity to be ‘professional’ ‘reporters’ and ‘journalists’ in the football ‘media’ instead of whatever it is they are doing now?

I know I’m a kook, spitting out crazy ideas, but could anybody else envision such a strange new world as above?

Are
In fairness to Andy Maher, Caro and Barrett. “They’re ******* s**t” is a pretty short conversation.

That being said, maybe someone could talk about Melbourne? I dunno, maybe if we had say a few hundred people employed to cover the sport full time as ‘professionals’ if you will. Maybe some could report events as they happen - let’s loosely label them as ‘reporters’. There could also be others that piece together facts from sources and jot them down on a notepad or keep a journal of sorts and offer some analysis of a situation drawn out over a longer period - we could call these individuals ‘journalists’. So, we have a few hundred ‘professional’ ‘reporters’ and ‘journalists’ - lets just say a number higher than the amount who cover federal politics - who could communicate football issues across a number of mediums such as radio, TV, print and digital which we could collectively call ‘media’.

If such a system existed, perhaps one or two of these ‘professional’ ‘journalists’ and ‘reporters’ could talk about Melbourne in the ‘media’? That way intellectuals such as Andy, Caro and Barrett wouldn’t have to waste their important time talking about how nobody is talking about Melbourne. Perhaps in this crazy vision even Caro, Andy and Barrett would have the opportunity to be ‘professional’ ‘reporters’ and ‘journalists’ in the football ‘media’ instead of whatever it is they are doing now?

I know I’m a kook, spitting out crazy ideas, but could anybody else envision such a strange new world as above?
Are you the reincarnation of Aldous Huxley?

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Caro ,
Maybe apart from our team sucking this season there is actually nothing else to talk about. Would you prefer we had players caught doing drugs, gambling illegally on football matches , associating with criminals or maybe a board upheaval just so you have something to have a go at us for.
Yeah, it's all completely unreasoned crap from the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" stable. It assumes that the primary objective of football clubs is to be "relevant" and talked about - even if it's in negative terms. But actually, the primary objective is to win a premiership - and media noise doesn't actually progress that objective one bit. Much as the media would like to think they are the agitators of change (and yes, they might get a coach sacked every now and then), they don't actually propel any club to make better decisions on their future. The club itself needs to figure out what's going wrong and make decisions accordingly. So it really doesn't matter a damn whether people are talking about us or not - and it matters even less if people are talking about why people aren't talking about us.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Dear Caro ,
Of course she would prefer those topics, otherwise some real journalism is required.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Midway through the last quarter;

Scores from turnovers

Collingwood 6.7
Melbourne 1.3

The 6.7 is bad, but 1.3 the other way is horrendous. We really need to work not only defending turnovers better but also hurting the opposition the other way

May has never gone through a season without missing games from injury.

In fact only once has he managed more than 18 games in a season meaning he misses at a minimum roughly 20% of every season through injury and/or suspension.

Here is to hoping than Burgess can sort his injury problems out

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
May has never gone through a season without missing games from injury.

In fact only once has he managed more than 18 games in a season meaning he misses at a minimum roughly 20% of every season through injury and/or suspension.

Here is to hoping than Burgess can sort his injury problems out

In 2017 he played 17 games. He missed 5 through suspension.

He played 17+ games for 7 straight seasons and has a notoriously bad record with suspensions. People are exaggerating his injury history because his first season with us has been a shocker.

In 2017 he played 17 games. He missed 5 through suspension.

He played 17+ games for 7 straight seasons and has a notoriously bad record with suspensions. People are exaggerating his injury history because his first season with us has been a shocker.

ok sorry.

He has disiplinary issues as well as potentially injury issues

Last edited:

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have free tickets to the North vs Dees game at Bellerive in a couple of weeks. Is it worth going? (This is probably a rhetorical question). Context, I live in Hobart and never see the Dees live, however, they are currently worse than a sack full of rotting fish heads.
lol, I didn't even realise the Dees were playing in Hobart this year. I might go down for a look, just for old time's sake. I haven't seen us play live since early last year when I was living in Melbourne.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
lol, I didn't even realise the Dees were playing in Hobart this year. I might go down for a look, just for old time's sake. I haven't seen us play live since early last year when I was living in Melbourne.
I watched then a year or two ago at Kingston oval for a preseason game vs North. We absolutely smashed them, was a good game.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can we please rest, I mean drop, Gawn, Oliver, Lever, Harmes, Salem for the remaining games. With our injury luck we do not need one of these guys going down in a meaningless game before next year
In the race with Longmire.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Screenshot_20190811-085613_Facebook.jpg

Its just ******* laughable, so from the time i was 15 til I was 24 I saw us win 45 games of football...in nearly a decade. * me dead...and look where we are back to 4 years later. You'd have to be a ******* moron to choose to support the MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back