Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Richarlison can play up top too though.

I really think Iwobi won't be anywhere near as bad as you think. Always good to have depth and keep players fresh too.
We had depth that is just as good and we sold for lesser money. 22 premier league starts, 13 sub appearances - just 3 goals and 7 assists in an attacking team. Cross accuracy of 21%. In his 22 starts he was subbed off 15 times.

What skill.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In - VDB - 1.5m
Elliot - free (tribunal fee tbc)
Adrian - free

Out - Ings - 20m
Mignolet - 8m
Wilson - 2m loan fee
Grujic - 2m loan fee
Awoniyi - 1m loan fee
Moreno - free
Sturridge - free
Bogdan - free to a good home
1/10 for our transfer window. With moneybags Spurs splashing the cash and Arsenal spending up big on Afterpay now was the time for us to strengthen after a successful 18/19 season. What was needed? A creative #10 midfielder. A backup to Robertson. Neither was purchased. Time will tell if this bites us in the arse but being outspent by Norwich in a transfer window and Chelsea (who have a transfer ban) isn't great.

Why was a creative number 10 needed? We don’t even play with a number 10.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
In - VDB - 1.5m
Adrian - free

Out - Ings - 20m
Mignolet - 8m
Wilson - 2m loan fee
Grujic - 2m loan fee
Awoniyi - 1m loan fee
Moreno - free
Sturridge - free

1/10 for our transfer window. With moneybags Spurs splashing the cash and Arsenal spending up big on Afterpay now was the time for us to strengthen after a successful 18/19 season. What was needed? A creative #10 midfielder. A backup to Robertson. Neither was purchased. Time will tell if this bites us in the arse but being outspent by Norwich in a transfer window and Chelsea (who have a transfer ban) isn't great.
You forgot you needed a right back.

8/10.

Added some talent to positions we were thin at and upgraded in others.

Brought in Maupay, Trossard, Webster and Mooy and really only lost Knockaert.

I think Mooy is a great get, from what Brighton games I seen last season there wasn't enough creativity in the middle of the park. When I watched Huddersfield games, he was about the only one creating anything. Plus the kits are pretty much the same so he should settle in easily :moustache:

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Mooy is a great get, from what Brighton games I seen last season there wasn't enough creativity in the middle of the park. When I watched Huddersfield games, he was about the only one creating anything. Plus the kits are pretty much the same so he should settle in easily :moustache:

Chris Hughton system at play there.

Using two defensive midfielders in Stephens and Propper.

Really hope Mooy can break into the starting XI and use his passing skills to make the most of our attacking options.

We'd become a graveyard for any player with skills.

Last edited:
In - VDB - 1.5m
Adrian - free

Out - Ings - 20m
Mignolet - 8m
Wilson - 2m loan fee
Grujic - 2m loan fee
Awoniyi - 1m loan fee
Moreno - free
Sturridge - free

Where did you read about the 1mil loan fee for Awoniyi?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Chris Hughton system at play there.

Using two defensive midfielders in Stephens and Propper.

Really hope Mooy can break into the starting XI and use his passing skills to make the most of our attacking options.

We'd become a graveyard for any player with skills.
I think Brighton will be one of the most interesting teams to watch under Potter this season. I've seen a lot of pundits and whatnot say you guys are definitely goign down, but I'm not so sure myself. Really interested to see how Potter rises to the latest challenge. Think he could end up having you play some excellent football tbh.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
8 out of 10 window for us. Keeping Toby with that 25m clause is worth a point on it's own. Not expecting a great deal from the new signings straight up. Ndomble will at best have a Keira type season where he starts showing what he is capable of in the final few months. Lo Celso won't get a start until the league cup and hed need to be pretty special to oust Eriksen, Lamela, Dele and Son. Dont expect it until nexr season. Sessnegon im intrigued to see where he plays LW or LB. I reckon he'll be our starting LB pretty quickly especially if rose leaves

The development of Troy Parrott to the point that he is named in our official squad and was very good in pre season means we've got enough cover for kane even without Dybala with Son and Lucas also able to go up front.

We now have depth to play a number of formations whereas in the past poch has had to stick with 1 due to injuries or his own belief. Expect to see 3421, 4231 and 442 diamond to be interchanged more than we've seen before.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
8 out of 10 window for us. Keeping Toby with that 25m clause is worth a point on it's own. Not expecting a great deal from the new signings straight up. Ndomble will at best have a Keira type season where he starts showing what he is capable of in the final few months. Lo Celso won't get a start until the league cup and hed need to be pretty special to oust Eriksen, Lamela, Dele and Son. Dont expect it until nexr season. Sessnegon im intrigued to see where he plays LW or LB. I reckon he'll be our starting LB pretty quickly especially if rose leaves

The development of Troy Parrott to the point that he is named in our official squad and was very good in pre season means we've got enough cover for kane even without Dybala with Son and Lucas also able to go up front.

We now have depth to play a number of formations whereas in the past poch has had to stick with 1 due to injuries or his own belief. Expect to see 3421, 4231 and 442 diamond to be interchanged more than we've seen before.

If you got either Coutimho or Dybala it would have been a 10/10 window for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Manchester United: 5/10

Ins:
- Wan-Bissaka
- Daniel James
- Harry Maguire

Outs:
- Antonio Valencia
- Ander Herrera
- Romelu Lukaku

Strengthened ourselves in defense but didn’t fix our right wing problem, and sold our main goal scorer without replacing, oh and let Herrera go for nothing and didn’t replace him either. Leaves us light upfront with all the pressure on consistent under-performers in Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez etc, will be interesting to see who bangs the goals in for us this season.

In midfield it’ll be left with Pogba again who will have minimum support, McTominay looks good and I’d start him ahead of Matic, then there’s Fred but not sure he’ll make it. There’s not much else there, can see us being beaten in midfield many times this year.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fu**... I am one that doesn't watch much of the goons, particularly at the library and even I know he's out on the left.
I said I got it round the wrong way you git. I even did it with our own players. Can't get my left from my right sometimes. Geez - you're being a petulant little bitch lately.

Very pleased with our business. Aimed at our weaknesses with specific targets and not a Levy deadline tesco's run for whoever was available.

In: Clarke, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon
Out: Trippier, Janssen, Vorm, Llorente

An academy GK will help the home grown quota as does getting Sessegnon.
Thrilled KWP finally gets his chance to emerge from the shadows of 3rd choice full back.
Strengthened in CM where we fell away last season. Needed more warm bodies in the middle of the park.

Hold on to Eriksen and Alderweireld and it's a fantastic window imo.
9/10. If Christian leaves then 7/10.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Not sure why Liverpool score a poor rating.

It's not like they really needed to improve their squad much at all.

Any signing would have been depth and that's it I'd imagine.

Theres a clear need for a LB and a goalscoring midfielder that can also play in the front 3 if needed. Poor window, can only hope it was because Klopp had a platlyers lined up that we couldn't get done this window.

City are buying Rodri and Cancelo already with a much deeper squad.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah a poor window. Im thinking the same, that Klopp's targets just were not available and Klopp isnt one to settle for the second or third bloke on the list. He is willing to wait for the right player.

Either way, we are light in depth in some areas, particularly wide forward positions and at full back.

Yeah a poor window. Im thinking the same, that Klopp's targets just were not available and Klopp isnt one to settle for the second or third bloke on the list. He is willing to wait for the right player.

Either way, we are light in depth in some areas, particularly wide forward positions and at full back.
Funny stuff. That happened last year, couldn’t get the guys they were after so didn’t buy 2nd or 3rd choice. Almost the same philosophy as Klopp here, and when chasing VVD...

Yet many, yourself included, lambasted not buying anyone.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Liverpool: 3/10

In
Van den Berg £4M
Elliott Tribunal
Adrian Free

Out
Ings £20M
Mignolet £6.3M
Camacho £5M
Johnston £225k
Bogdan Free
Moreno Free
Sturridge Free
Ejaria Loan
Grujic Loan
Karius Loan
Ojo Loan
H. Wilson Loan
  • Excited by what I’ve seen by Elliott so far, but unlikely we’ll see much of him this season.
  • Can’t be underestimated how important an outcome it was to keep all of our key players.
  • We look light on for depth at full back and in attack. If we’re as fortunate with injuries as we were last season, no problem, but it’s a gamble. Klopp obviously has a lot of faith in Brewster and Hoever, who to be fair both looked extremely sharp in preseason.
CCDE2D8A-B4AA-4B6F-BC37-FB04E3720233.jpeg

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Funny stuff. That happened last year, couldn’t get the guys they were after so didn’t buy 2nd or 3rd choice. Almost the same philosophy as Klopp here, and when chasing VVD...

Yet many, yourself included, lambasted not buying anyone.
Yep. I did say we had a poor window. Much like you did last season. It ended up costing you as you won nothing and went backwards in the league.

Let's see if it costs us too.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Liverpool: 3/10

In
Van den Berg £4M
Elliott Tribunal
Adrian Free

Out
Ings £20M
Mignolet £6.3M
Camacho £5M
Johnston £225k
Bogdan Free
Moreno Free
Sturridge Free
Ejaria Loan
Grujic Loan
Karius Loan
Ojo Loan
H. Wilson Loan
  • Excited by what I’ve seen by Elliott so far, but unlikely we’ll see much of him this season.
  • Can’t be underestimated how important an outcome it was to keep all of our key players.
  • We look light on for depth at full back and in attack. If we’re as fortunate with injuries as we were last season, no problem, but it’s a gamble. Klopp obviously has a lot of faith in Brewster and Hoever, who to be fair both looked extremely sharp in preseason.
View attachment 724227
20m for Ings, geez them FSG flogs know how to polish a turd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back