Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well that went as expected. We played as old a side as we could, we were too slow and couldn’t match their run.

Their midfield killed us and I can’t believe we didn’t tag Gaff or Shuey.

Bombing to their defenders was just dumb, when will we ever learn.

Their forward line killed us. We had no answer for their smalls.

Let’s see what spin the club comes up with now.

We are stuffed.

(Let’s see how close I get)

Last edited:
I have no idea how you nailed this so well already.

Who needs this when the AFC is involved:

24263315_5.jpg

I like the proactive nature of this thread.

When Pyke gets the sack Monday I think EC should put his name up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knight with 10 touches. He really has perfected Wright's non-statistical role. Murphy a non-entity again, he's a small forward who doesn't kick goals or apply pressure, both kind of important for a small forward. Hartigan cost us 6 goals with brain farts and poor defending.

Rinse and repeat.

I'm glad we got that valuable experience into Douglas, Mackay, Otten and Jacobs.

Especially loved Mackay's signature 16 touches, 9 in the last quarter when we were 60 down
Only 60 ??

It was so great to see Sauce back in the side so he can [checks notes] ... run so slowly that he's practically stationary in the centre of the field at all times and jump so high that his feet may as well be stuck 5 metres underground.

Knight with 10 touches. He really has perfected Wright's non-statistical role. Murphy a non-entity again, he's a small forward who doesn't kick goals or apply pressure, both kind of important for a small forward. Hartigan cost us 6 goals with brain farts and poor defending.

Rinse and repeat.
Murphy is the least of our issues. For a young small a goal a game is ok in a 2nd season. His pressure hasn’t been as good since the bye, but there’s encouraging signs. Stengle will replace Eddie next year, but unfortunately with Charlie gone we don’t have any elite small forwards on our list atm (Eddie obviously past his best).

West Coast are a powerful side with some real quality right across the ground. We played some good footy, gave our forwards some good "looks" but ultimately we couldn't do it for long enough.

(after we lose by 15 goals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back