Round 21 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some of your fine wisdom as I try to capitalize on my double-chance.

One trade left, with $70k in the bank.

Hopefully Kelly comes back, but despite my team being filled with pretty decent premos, looking at my matchups I am only projected to score 2,485 compared to my opponents 2,550+... despite dominating all leagues and sitting ranked 77th overall. :drunk:

If Kelly doesn't return, he has to go as I can't afford to rely on Mundy filling in again (moreso Ross Lyon the kent). So it'd be Kelly > Treloar or Kelly > Bont.

If Kelly does return, do I roll the dice and trade out an underperformer such as Sloane? If so, for who? Yeo/Parker/Merrett? I can't loop Mundy either, if this is the case, so he sits on the bench watching.

Or do I screen Sicily's score by putting him on the bench as a loophole option (with Naish) depending how he scores. If he scores crap, upgrade Mundy > Laird or Smith and swing Answerth into the MIDs?

Thoughts kentlemen?

View attachment 722393

Alright lads, in need of some follow up advice as I have only two realistic options...

Kelly > Bont or Kelly > Treloar.

Most of my opponent have either one or both. Trouble is guessing who goes bigger? Will either get tagged this week?

Shizen thing is I will have $70k left in my bank unused with 0 trades. Ah well! If only I could bank it for next season!

And thanks to Caztheconquerer and 4tune8 for the previous advice.

2 trades, $130k. Ranking about 3k. Through to prelim in 1 league, knockout final in the other.

B: Lloyd, Whitfield, Houli, B. Smith, Laird, Sicily (Answerth & Rotham)
M: Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Neale, Bont, Merrett, Sloane, D. Clarke (I. Hill, Stocker & Scott)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
F: Danger, Marshall, Dunkley, Boak, Worpel, Telly (Langlands & Young)

Option 1:
D. Clarke > Ablett
Would be the best available mid at $448k or under. Leaves 1 trade for prelim and beyond hopefully.

Option 2:
Stocker > D/M rookie
Clarke > Cripps (or anyone).
Grabbing the D/M rookie gives me better cover, can then swing the rookie with Answerth, and complement the Hill / Langlands M/F pair. Obviously leaves me zero trades though.

Probably leaning towards #1, but wish I had the stones for #2.
Any input much appreciated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Prefer Higgins to Ablett.

Alright lads, in need of some follow up advice as I have only two realistic options...

Most of my opponent have either one or both. Trouble is guessing who goes bigger? Will either get tagged this week?

Shizen thing is I will have $70k left in my bank unused with 0 trades. Ah well! If only I could bank it for next season!

Bont more of a chance to get tagged by Clarke.

2 trades, $130k. Ranking about 3k. Through to prelim in 1 league, knockout final in the other.

B: Lloyd, Whitfield, Houli, B. Smith, Laird, Sicily (Answerth & Rotham)
M: Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Neale, Bont, Merrett, Sloane, D. Clarke (I. Hill, Stocker & Scott)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
F: Danger, Marshall, Dunkley, Boak, Worpel, Telly (Langlands & Young)

Option 1:
D. Clarke > Ablett
Would be the best available mid at $448k or under. Leaves 1 trade for prelim and beyond hopefully.

Option 2:
Stocker > D/M rookie
Clarke > Cripps (or anyone).
Grabbing the D/M rookie gives me better cover, can then swing the rookie with Answerth, and complement the Hill / Langlands M/F pair. Obviously leaves me zero trades though.

Probably leaning towards #1, but wish I had the stones for #2.
Any input much appreciated.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe Higgins as another option mate, big ceiling. Edit as northern soul said above

Still unsure what to do, Ideally id like to go Sheed > Bont and just use the 1 trade but im about 18 k short of that.

So i can downgrade one of the mid rookies or Z.Clarke down to a rookie and then Sheed upto bont leaving me with 1 trade for the last 2 weeks, if i was to do this itd probably be Hind to either Pickett or a non playing rookie, im thinking Pickett purely as cover incase i need it but the tigers play 3 sunday games so maybe im better off getting a non playing rookie instead and Leaving Bobby Hill and Hately as mid cover.

The other option is just use 1 trade and get in a mid for under 544k i.e Merret, Parker, MCrouch, Sloane, Cunnington e.t.c

Orrr i could save my 3 trades for the last 2 weeks and leave Spudly Sheed and hope he removes his finger from his noos.

sc98.png

Bont saved me in my cashie last week mate, Clarke will tag one of the dogs but which one bont macrae or Dunkley. Treloar went at a high efficiency last week which is not the norm for him. Thing I like about bont is he only needs 20 touches to ton up. Don’t think you can go wrong with either though

Out of those two, Bont definitely
He's a big game player, and they are still in the hunt for finals

3 trades left and in an elimination final. I should win but I thought that last week until
I came up against Treloar, Houli and Worpel as opposition pods. Anyway, thinking Bewley to a $102k BOM playing rookie and Setterfield to Walters. Would allow me to swing Walters/Heeney around to loop against Sloane average scores. Anyone like this or would you hold the 3 trades?
Lock it in
No point holding onto trades if you are knocked out

Still unsure what to do, Ideally id like to go Sheed > Bont and just use the 1 trade but im about 18 k short of that.

So i can downgrade one of the mid rookies or Z.Clarke down to a rookie and then Sheed upto bont leaving me with 1 trade for the last 2 weeks, if i was to do this itd probably be Hind to either Pickett or a non playing rookie, im thinking Pickett purely as cover incase i need it but the tigers play 3 sunday games so maybe im better off getting a non playing rookie instead and Leaving Bobby Hill and Hately as mid cover.

The other option is just use 1 trade and get in a mid for under 544k i.e Merret, Parker, MCrouch, Sloane, Cunnington e.t.c

Orrr i could save my 3 trades for the last 2 weeks and leave Spudly Sheed and hope he removes his finger from his noos.

View attachment 723191
At this stage of the year go for the best of the best mate in my opinion, go for it and see where it takes you.

View attachment 723191
Pickett could be a chance to get a game before season end. I’m looking at a non playing mid rookie and Richmond fixtures are great but the one week you need that loop you know they’ll give him a taste.

Jelly is a campaigner. Should I boot him for Fyfe, or wait for next week? Got Clarke / Answerth to cover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. Although my opponent and I have the same forward line, and equally s**t cover.

Regardless of risk, surely I want to try and eliminate Whit v Sicily as uniques?

IN a perfect world: yes. Then again, I was worried about Marshall vs my Worpel last week and look how that turned out.

What's their exposed form in snow!?

Bont more of a chance to get tagged by Clarke.
Bont saved me in my cashie last week mate, Clarke will tag one of the dogs but which one bont macrae or Dunkley. Treloar went at a high efficiency last week which is not the norm for him. Thing I like about bont is he only needs 20 touches to ton up. Don’t think you can go wrong with either though
Out of those two, Bont definitely
He's a big game player, and they are still in the hunt for finals

Thanks for the the responses lads! Seems like it’s 50/50?

Running a poll on Twitter and it’s 58% Treloar, 31% Bont and 11% hold.

I have always doubted Treloar’s disposal, but his ability to rack it up in excess of 35+ nearly every week helps to counter that.

I have a feeling Essendon will tag Bont as he always tears them up - but is Bont taggable - especially if the smaller Clarke tries to put the clamps on him?

What’s everyones thoughts on Houston?
Was his score of 130+ last week purely because of increased mid time?

Thanks for the the responses lads! Seems like it’s 50/50?

Running a poll on Twitter and it’s 58% Treloar, 31% Bont and 11% hold.

I have always doubted Treloar’s disposal, but his ability to rack it up in excess of 35+ nearly every week helps to counter that.

I have a feeling Essendon will tag Bont as he always tears them up - but is Bont taggable - especially if the smaller Clarke tries to put the clamps on him?
Think Bont will take him fwd, Macrae might get the clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back