Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely not, Lewis, Patton and Wright would leave us way too tall and slow up forward.
It Wouldn't hurt having 3 guys over 195cm with ability...he might play as the ruck.
We currently have m.lewis thats it relying on patton with no back up on the list is insane, has played a handful of games over 3yrs

badboybobba

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't hurt having 3 guys over 195cm with ability...he might play 2nd ruck.
We currently have m.lewis thats it
I understand what your saying but really you’d think that the only way all 3 play in the same side is if that one of them is the number one ruck. Can’t see it happening when we have Big Boy

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Ceglar, Mcevoy, Lewis , O’Brien- if peter is coming than one or more are going considering also Patton!!
Or, it reeks of dees going after Preuss without putting much thought into it.

Cyzzametimbres

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ceglar, Mcevoy, Lewis , O’Brien- if peter is coming than one or more are going considering also Patton!!
Or, it reeks of dees going after Preuss without putting much thought into it.
Why would the suns be looking to let him go considering the haven’t signed up king long term yet and have an injury prone day as their no 1 forward target they’d need to have another kpf in line for a trade in or they’ve lost the plot.

People keep talking up Gunston-to-Dogs rumours lately (potentially making way for multiple Hawks trade ins, don't believe it but whatever) but had this thought for a hypothetical 3-way trade

Pick 9 + Pick 41 + Pick 43
<-->
Gunston + Pick 25

This gives the Hawks extra draft points to help match Maginness (assuming 25 is swallowed by a bid, it's basically just upgrading it's worth in points) while also leaving them two firsts to play with. This could mean they can trade with Melbourne:

Pick 7 + Pick 9 + Pick 41 <--> Pick 2 + Pick 20

This means Melbourne gets currency to trade for Brad Hill (if that happens) plus still remain in the top 10 of the draft. Hawks get to bring in Cogs + whoever else, draft Anderson while having more than enough points to match an early bird on Maginness. This ultimately values Gunston at Pick ~8
I don't like it, but it's well thought out :thumbsu:

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trade, watch this space

I don’t mind this at all.

If this is actually happening I would be inclined to think we are moving on from Cegs & preparing for the end of McEvoy.

If 2mP comes to Hawthorn as the primary ruck that can rotate with Patton & Lewis up forward he would be a fantastic inclusion. Farley mobile marking ruck that can roll up the ground as a dangerous forward.

I can’t honestly comment on his ruck work but given Monkey is a ruck whisper, 2mP would only need to break even rucking & then expose his opponent around the ground, it looks like a Clarko play.

On the trade front...

Gunston To GC with 2mP & pick 16(Brisbane pick)... sold.
It would certainly give us some added trade currency for another 25 year old or hit the draft.

So..

Cogs
Patton
2mP
Draft pick at 6
*insert player (pick 16 or trade)

That is a rather significant off season when you still have the supposed Smith trade, possible Cegs trade, a second & third rd draft selection.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would love if GWS would trade their 12*+14* for our 7*+25*. If we traded 45 for Patton I think that trade works for both parties, over paying for Patton to get the two first round draft picks.

Trade out Ceglar/Smith and get the picks for Finn and that 45 ish draft pick to get our yearly Hardwick/Worpel.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t mind this at all.

If this is actually happening I would be inclined to think we are moving on from Cegs & preparing for the end of McEvoy.

If 2mP comes to Hawthorn as the primary ruck that can rotate with Patton & Lewis up forward he would be a fantastic inclusion. Farley mobile marking ruck that can roll up the ground as a dangerous forward.

I can’t honestly comment on his ruck work but given Monkey is a ruck whisper, 2mP would only need to break even rucking & then expose his opponent around the ground, it looks like a Clarko play.

On the trade front...

Gunston To GC with 2mP & pick 16(Brisbane pick)... sold.
It would certainly give us some added trade currency for another 25 year old or hit the draft.

So..

Cogs
Patton
2mP
Draft pick at 6
*insert player (pick 16 or trade)

That is a rather significant off season when you still have the supposed Smith trade, possible Cegs trade, a second & third rd draft selection.
I rather not go for the ginger verison of Vickery. Wright is utter s**t no thanks.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I rather not go for the ginger verison of Vickery. Wright is utter s**t no thanks.

2MP was one of the best marks I’ve seen in his draft year. It’s such a shame GC have stunted his development and he’s become a shell of the player he could have been.

Sometimes that can be fixed with a change of environment. He’ll only be 23 at the end of this year. But I don’t think it’ll be cheap to get a contracted KPF so I don’t like the suggestion.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All this talk of trading out Ceglar, is very speculative.
He's are only decent back up ruck as proved Friday night- he was huge. Had he pulled in the the 6+ marks he just missed he may of been Bog.
reeves is too young & Pittonet is not AFL standard.
Seen Pitts at Box Hill, he's a very good VFL Ruck but can't cut it with the big boys!
So if we do trade out Cegs, we need to top up with a player of similar standard.
Is peter wright that player maybe?

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
All this talk of trading out Ceglar, is very speculative.
He's are only decent back up ruck as proved Friday night- he was huge. Had he pulled in the the 6+ marks he just missed he may of been Bog.
reeves is too young & Pittonet is not AFL standard.
Seen Pitts at Box Hill, he's a very good VFL Ruck but can't cut it with the big boys!
So if we do trade out Cegs, we need to top up with a player of similar standard.
Is peter wright that player maybe?
To be a starting caliber ruck at AFL level you gotta be able to rest up forward and clunk marks and kick goals. This is why Pitto is a t Box Hill and why Cegs is in and out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back