2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bs personally. We all know the AFL would bury this story, absolutely no chance they let this go public. Eddie would pay off the AFL if he had too

I think people tend to exaggerate Eddies wealth. His net worth is 55 million dollars. Which is a lot but its not the kind of money that could buy off a billion dollar industry like the AFL. For comparison sake Western forces andrew forrest net worth is 7 billion.

Imagine if it was involving 10 players currently uninjured and playing

They'd have no-one left...
would certainly make the finals race interesting if true (which it surely isn’t)

You'd imagine that big of a rumour, if it was true, would have moved beyond rumour by now.
If there was substance to it (I honestly have no idea or opinion either way), it would be sitting with the AFL's lawyers atm, before their advice is put before and considered by the AFL board, etc. in a number of confidential meetings. Like the Ess Peds saga, if true, this ain't going anywhere fast. And the media wouldn't touch it until AFL releases a statement to avoid serious defamation suits.

If true, RBB would be happy to get off the back page of the rags though.

What a load of absolute garbage. Just to play along for fun... Is there even a Collingwood player Langdon aside who has a brother also in the league ?
Brown, Grundy, Langdon, Kelly, Phillips I believe all have brothers in the AFL - Brown I'm not sure on, if they are both in the same side. Grundy and Kelly have brothers in Adelaide I believe, Langdon at Freo, Phillips at St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call bs personally. We all know the AFL would bury this story, absolutely no chance they let this go public. Eddie would pay off the AFL if he had too

I personally put little weight in the rumours. But, if true to the extent being suggested, it would be hard for the AFL to bury it entirely - but they will manipulate the timing and narrative as best they can. For example, they might wait until the dead period after the AFL draft to go official with it and work it from there.

I personally put little weight in the rumours. But, if true to the extent being suggested, it would be hard for the AFL to bury it entirely - but they will manipulate the timing and narrative as best they can. For example, they might wait until the dead period after the AFL draft to go official with it and work it from there.

It would be the kind of story they have no control over if enough of it gets out.

As someone has already alluded to, might not be a bad year to finish ninth.

It would be the kind of story they have no control over if enough of it gets out.

As someone has already alluded to, might not be a bad year to finish ninth.
I agree so I hope we don't stop trying!

Apologies to "Semi Pro" movie with 4th place, have the chant 9th place, 9th place, going on in my brain.o_O

Teams to barrack for this weekend with an eye to finals: Sydney, Bulldogs, and the most important one which might upset a few - Eagles.
Don't think we need to barrack too hard for the Eagles. They are perfectly capable of battering the Crows without our help.

How does this Leon Cameron keep his job.
They have injuries but I agree. They should be better than they are.
Does Hawthorn winning hurt our chances?
Not really because if we win all 3 (likely required) they will be a game behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back