Discussion Round 21, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Would it not have to have been the VFL logo?

I guess it depends what era they’re going for (if any specific era). Given they’re using the angry cat logo, they could easily get away with promoting it as a 90s vibe, especially if they’re playing North in the Bounding Roo.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I always preferred the cats original 70’s VFL shield emblem
A778C9E8-21D6-4424-83F2-8F66F2A692A1.jpeg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It really annoys me that they haven’t used the old AFL logo. Theres nothing “retro” about a stitched version of the current logo. The shape of the shield at the bottom of the club logo is also a bit off.

Apart from that, its kinda cool.
Would be a nice touch if the AFL were to go down that route,

We did manage to recolour our logo for the 125th anniv. guernsey, so perhaps there is some amount of leeway the AFL are willing to take in regards to the emblem.

With teams making throwbacks over the past few years, I think it's inevitable that we will see a round dedicated to displaying these guernseys.

Would be a nice touch if the AFL were to go down that route,

We did manage to recolour our logo for the 125th anniv. guernsey, so perhaps there is some amount of leeway the AFL are willing to take in regards to the emblem.

With teams making throwbacks over the past few years, I think it's inevitable that we will see a round dedicated to displaying these guernseys.

An AFL-sanctioned Retro Round needs to happen, it would be awesome! But rather than redoing the same home jumpers from the 70's and 80's, I'd love if the teams recreated away jumpers from the late 90's and early 2000's, which would allow us to see jumpers such as these:

Adelaide-Away-2000.gif

West-Coast-Away-2000.gif

I had planned to start a portfolio centred around this idea last year but school got in the way and I never ended up getting around to putting it together

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
An AFL-sanctioned Retro Round needs to happen, it would be awesome! But rather than redoing the same home jumpers from the 70's and 80's, I'd love if the teams recreated away jumpers from the late 90's and early 2000's, which would allow us to see jumpers such as these:

I had planned to start a portfolio centred around this idea last year but school got in the way and I never ended up getting around to putting it together
I'd be happy if none of those jumpers ever saw the light of day again.

Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
Trying to think of what each team would wear in a 90's round......

Adelaide: 96-98 preseason
Brisbane: last bears jumper
Carlton: M&M
Collingwood: barcode
Essendon: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Freo: original away
Geelong: 98 away
Hawthorn: 97-98 away
Melbourne: 96-97 preseason
North: bounding roo
Port: inaugural away
Richmond: original claw marks
St Kilda: Crusader
Sydney: 97-98 preseason
West Coast: royal wings
Western Bulldogs: 95-96 away

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Trying to think of what each team would wear in a 90's round......

Adelaide: 96-98 preseason
Brisbane: last bears jumper
Carlton: M&M
Collingwood: barcode
Essendon: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Freo: original away
Geelong: 98 away
Hawthorn: 97-98 away
Melbourne: 96-97 preseason
North: bounding roo
Port: inaugural away
Richmond: original claw marks
St Kilda: Crusader
Sydney: 97-98 preseason
West Coast: royal wings
Western Bulldogs: 95-96 away
Essendon: 1996 Heritage (a throwback of a throwback is all we've got)
Port: Inaugural pre season (because it's good and the home and away have already been brought back)
West Coast: Navy wings (because they already wear royal)

Gold Coast and GWS could wear fake 90s jumpers.

If Geelong want to take retro round seriously, they should mandate all players wear black boots.

It would also be cool if we wore our away socks, which back in the 70s and 80s were used both home and away:

Geelong-Uniform1985.png

This is one of the worst clashes I have seen all year. Completely unacceptable.

The Hawks clash 'Legends' jumper might've helped, but it's disappeared since the first few weeks of the season for some reason

Back