Unofficial Preview Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide - Heeney's 100th game

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this in a different thread but with the inclusion of Bell joining Rowbottom, Hewett, Florent and maybe Jones (if he stays), Heeney (if not forward) and Clarke (if he improves), this is probably the best sample we'll have at our future midfield. Obviously not expecting the results tomorrow, but it's an exciting preview of what could be three or four years down the track.

Said this in a different thread but with the inclusion of Bell joining Rowbottom, Hewett, Florent and maybe Jones (if he stays), Heeney (if not forward) and Clarke (if he improves), this is probably the best sample we'll have at our future midfield. Obviously not expecting the results tomorrow, but it's an exciting preview of what could be three or four years down the track.

Bugger that timescale. Next year or 21 at the least. Oldies like me are short on patience.

Bugger that timescale. Next year or 21 at the least. Oldies like me are short on patience.

Well yeah, they'll be in there then. We just won't know whether it's the midfield group that forms our next flag tilt until the few years after. Hopefully by then (aka this trade period) there will be a Cutler/Sier/Simpkin in there, plus a young Serong or Kemp who will be 21 by then as well.

They've got another ruck (Ladhams?) from the ressies - it was his 4th game last week or week before, so previous must have come last year??
Not sure the team will play as listed at all, but apparantly the new ruck guy went ok cause Lycett still in the ressies. (We could start a Buddy like undisclosed breach rumour on Lycett I guess)

Perhaps Grassy played against Ladhams earlier this year.

Knoll got 10 hit outs, Ladhams 24.

Abe Davis got 20 disposals and 5 marks for what it's worth.

He had all the ability. But he didn't have the grunt of, say, a McLean.

And I guess that's the question with Amartey.

I was really impressed with ASmartey's game last week. Showed lots of aggression and intent.

I was really impressed with ASmartey's game last week. Showed lots of aggression and intent.

Look I want him to make it, and I think he has enormous upside, and I didn't see much of last week.

But when you're a tall you just have to inject yourself into the game one way or another. You don't have the luxury of accumulating stats with handballs in close. You have to win 40 hit outs (Knoll) or take a dozen marks or even just knock a few blokes over (McLean). Aliir is an example of a tall that brings something. He accumulates intercept marks. Amartey is occasionally good at all of these things. So there's no question he's capable. But will the penny drop for him in time? I hope it does. He's no Goodes, but he has similar type qualities. If he can put it together.....well....boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back