Prediction Changes vs Adelaide

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Adelaide board are really going for it. It's amusing reading but I still think there's a great deal of football to played, surprised at just how flat they are over there.

They don’t want to play finals. They want change. They want the complete and utter morons running their club to wake up and face reality. Whatever issues we have had in terms of selection at times, or “boys club” accusations are trivial compared to what is happening there...

I hope we crush em...

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They don’t want to play finals. They want change. They want the complete and utter morons running their club to wake up and face reality. Whatever issues we have had in terms of selection at times, or “boys club” accusations are trivial compared to what is happening there...

I hope we crush em...
So do we!

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Pyke needs a much better assistant and new forward and midfield line coaches around him and brett burton has to go..hard to correct a culture when you are surrounded by incompetence in a boys club environment. Big problems at our club..enjoy the finals this year as you guys are just about favorites for the flag

Losing Lever , Cameron and McGovern makes a big difference to the Crows team especially Cameron..
Tough to replace ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Are you dealing in a hypothetical?
In the sense that I'm considering our best possible side and comparing it to the one we fielded in 2018. To the extent this is a hypothetical, it's advertised quite clearly. I'm not passing it off as something more concrete than that. I'm saying: "If we had all these guys – what kind of an upgrade would it constitute?"

I don't object to any and all hypotheticals. For example, I'd quite happily have a conversation about our best 22 this year or in 2020 or 2021 or 2022 – projections that by definition require a degree of hypothetical. I do however question baseless or extreme hypotheticals and unsubstantiated overreactions to them. For example, a circle jerk about trading our best players based on nothing. That seems like a weird hypothetical to indulge, IMO.

Do you want another go at it? See if you can pretend to break even?

Last edited:

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
1A14A4EB-3069-4EE2-BD39-7C0CCD56293C.png
can see why he was dropped now.

Am I right Dark Sharks?

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The reason we are literally going insane over there is the steadfast reluctance to try and turn over our list despite getting smashed in the GF, not making finals last year and we won’t this year.

On Sunday 15 players will run out that also ran out R1 2016, Pykes first game. Could easily have been 17 if Seedsman and Jenkins played.

This same group has failed continually. We are the oldest team in the AFL currently. We are the oldest non top 4 team ever in AFL history.

It’s distressing and it’s not just BF. Crows basically shut down it’s social media after the Essendon and Carlton games. People are furious.

It can turn around pretty quickly though. We were as slow and old in 2017 as I can ever remember a team being, and at the end of the season we retired:

Matt Priddis
Sam mitchell
Drew Petrie
Josh hill
Sharrod wellingham
Jono Giles

While all were at least serviceable afl players and several of them are legends of the game, the injection of youth and speed made a world of difference in 2018.

So yeah, it might seem rough now but things can turn around fast.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Pyke needs a much better assistant and new forward and midfield line coaches around him and brett burton has to go..hard to correct a culture when you are surrounded by incompetence in a boys club environment. Big problems at our club..enjoy the finals this year as you guys are just about favorites for the flag
The reason we are literally going insane over there is the steadfast reluctance to try and turn over our list despite getting smashed in the GF, not making finals last year and we won’t this year.

On Sunday 15 players will run out that also ran out R1 2016, Pykes first game. Could easily have been 17 if Seedsman and Jenkins played.

This same group has failed continually. We are the oldest team in the AFL currently. We are the oldest non top 4 team ever in AFL history.

It’s distressing and it’s not just BF. Crows basically shut down it’s social media after the Essendon and Carlton games. People are furious.

Both of these quotes contain a lot of the things many WCE fans were saying at the end of 2017 about us.

Adelaide still have a fairly solid core of good players. So it’s not impossible to turn it around.

However you’re not gonna win it next year because we are gonna go B2B2B

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Adelaide appear to have selected a side to contest stoppages and do little else.

With the forecast on Sunday to make it a dry deck, if the Eagles are able to clear the stoppages and spread the ball the Crows will be cut into shreds on the outside.

Interesting to see the reaction to Masten being omitted.

He and Hutchings simply don't go well together this year:

MastenvsHutchings.jpg

Furthermore, when Masten has featured in the team this season, the outside role of Cripps in supporting the midfield has been limited:

MastenvsCripps.jpg

Round 17 excluded due to Cripps injury.

Taking these form guides into account, with Hutchings and Cripps both coming back into the side it makes sense for Masten to be one of those who make way for their return.

Tactically, I'm expecting Nelson to spend large periods of the game occupying the "Masten" sweeper role, Hutchings to tag B.Smith and the remaining midfield brigade to go head-to-head against their Adelaide opponents.

Also expecting to see a lot of blocking and screening around stoppages in an attempt to get players like Shuey and Yeo onto clearances with a clear breakaway as they will be able to outpace their markers.

I would not be surprised if the team ends up rotating the small forwards up the ground as an extra off the back of the stoppage in addition to Jetta as a means of providing clearance spread to expose the Crows where they are weakest.

Adelaide appear to have selected a side to contest stoppages and do little else.

With the forecast on Sunday to make it a dry deck, if the Eagles are able to clear the stoppages and spread the ball the Crows will be cut into shreds on the outside.

View attachment 723599

Furthermore, when Masten has featured in the team this season, the outside role of Cripps in supporting the midfield has been limited:

View attachment 723608

Taking these form guides into account, with Hutchings and Cripps both coming back into the side it makes sense for Masten to be one of those who make way for their return.

Tactically, I'm expecting Nelson to spend large periods of the game occupying the "Masten" sweeper role, Hutchings to tag B.Smith and the remaining midfield brigade to go head-to-head against their Adelaide opponents.

Also expecting to see a lot of blocking and screening around stoppages in an attempt to get players like Shuey and Yeo onto clearances with a clear breakaway as they will be able to outpace their markers.

I would not be surprised if the team ends up rotating the small forwards up the ground as an extra off the back of the stoppage in addition to Jetta as a means of providing clearance spread to expose the Crows where they are weakest.

Just kick it long

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 723599

View attachment 723608

mate you need to be an assistant coach.

Gugs9

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan

View attachment 723599

View attachment 723608

Sums up perfectly why two forwards shouldn’t have gone out for hutch and cripps. Its probably no coincidence our worst football of the year early in the year coincided with us trying to shoehorn 7 mids into 6 spots.

Back