Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Richmond - Sunday 11th August 3:20PM @ MCG - Final Team - Post #399

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syd Jackson was another who liked it wet..
I attended an Indigenous Cultural Awareness Program through my employer about 7 or 8 years ago, and Syd was one of the guest speakers....I had the privilege of having a chat with him during the lunch break about the Blues.....what a wonderful person, and still loved talking about the Blueboys.

As an aside, I can't speak highly enough about the Program...if anyone gets offered the opportunity to attend one, I totally recommend putting your hand up.

It will be a very hard game a real scrap, Teaugy won’t allow the hard nose game to edged us out.
Eager to see David’s tactical and strategic coaching.
Team looks ok , happy with inclusions some concern for Fisher and O’Brien two weaker clogs , very light framed easily pushed off the ball. Martin would just swallow either up if they attempt to tackle him.
I’ve a gut feel an upset is bubbling. Go Baggers.

I love gunners but that is the s**ttest highlight package I've seen. Some of them are literally him getting a kick.

Would appreciate a posting of a better set - this one I saw on youtube - and it surprised me just how good Cuningham has been when on field - such a pity he has missed so much game time - kid could be anything if he gets his body right - run/kick/handball/tackles and is quick as in real quick when he puts on the afterburners...

only one bloke has similar highlights as a genuinely quick player/speedster - and he is now retired. No doubt the Club had him pencilled as our dangerous small forward/wingman...injury can cruel the best of players

Would appreciate a posting of a better set - this one I saw on youtube - and it surprised me just how good Cuningham has been when on field - such a pity he has missed so much game time - kid could be anything if he gets his body right - run/kick/handball/tackles and is quick as in real quick when he puts on the afterburners...

only one bloke has similar highlights as a genuinely quick player/speedster - and he is now retired. No doubt the Club had him pencilled as our dangerous small forward/wingman...injury can cruel the best of players
I genuinely think he is in our top 5 talented players. No-one has the burst speed and killer attacking instinct. Absolutely spectacular and still building. I wouldn't trade him for anything. I really hope he gets his body right. Can be a 20 possession 45 goal half forward and the difference between 1 or 3 flags. Can win a game off his own boot like so few can. JUST STAY ON THE PARK.

Kennedy stiff.
I woulda thought it woulda been fair after McGov was in Fat Camp to come back through the VFL.
The club is quite keen to play the 3 tall forwards as much as possible allowing Levi to relieve in the ruck & not leave Harry as the only tall in the forward line.

It would seem to me that until Kennedy is physically ready to be part of the midfield mix, he & JSOS are competing for the same position in the team & although Kennedy did have the edge on JSOS in kicking multiple goals on 3 occasions, when he didn't hit the scoreboard last week he became a bit of a liability. In contrast, although JSOS hasn't been hitting the scoreboard, his defensive work, along with involvement in a number of scoring chains, would make him the preferred option at this time.

Last edited:
It will be a very hard game a real scrap, Teaugy won’t allow the hard nose game to edged us out.
Team looks ok , happy with inclusions some concern for Fisher and O’Brien two weaker clogs , very light framed easily pushed off the ball. Martin would just swallow either up if they attempt to tackle him.

I get a feeling you think Fisher and obrien are a bit light framed given you state this in nearly every post you write lol.

Incorrect on Fisher. Martin tried to fend off Fisher In round one twice and got caught and couldn't break the tackle. Cripps later confirmed Fisher is seriously strong for his size.

Might be best to go back and check the round 1 game this year re fisher tackling Martin.
There were stories written about how he had found a way to successfully tackle him by hitting the ball during the fend off.
Not sure but i thought that he won a few holding the ball calls against Martin

You forget Fisher’s tackle on Martin Round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some concern for Fisher and O’Brien two weaker clogs , very light framed easily pushed off the ball.
Good idea. Clogs will suit the condition. I like Teaguey's thinking. :p
images.jpeg-4.jpg

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this game. West coast exposed us a bit and that’s ok because we are still a young side. Could have given a bit more effort but the margin wasn’t too bad in the end so that was good.

This week will test us again. I’m hoping we can lift our intensity on last week and with the return of a few good players I’m hopeful we’ll be competitive.

Now i think Teague is after wins..having said that Tigers must have this game to lock top 4 so its for their season
it wont be pretty and he will be on them in finals mode....[they also might want to avoid a hard game though]
a really valuable experience for CFC right now
I would say we can defeat them.....i think our List is Dam good ....
Teague has already been tested,this will be another assignment for him.
:carlton::carlton::carlton:

Last edited:
The silver lining about those games like the West Coast game last week - it really brings to fore your weaknesses/areas for improvement.

Would not surprise me one iota for us to come into this game much more tactically prepared/sound for the test this week and give the tigers a real shake.

Can’t wait.

Really looking forward to this game. West coast exposed us a bit and that’s ok because we are still a young side. Could have given a bit more effort but the margin wasn’t too bad in the end so that was good.

This week will test us again. I’m hoping we can lift our intensity on last week and with the return of a few good players I’m hopeful we’ll be competitive.
Not sure if we lost last week because we are a young side. We had plenty of forward line entries and a won our share of the ball. McGovern killed us in our forward line by taking uncontested marks. Didn't allow us to mark or crumb the ball or create stoppages. That was either poor tactics from a coaching point of view by our coach or poor team balance. Our own McGovern is the answer to that problem. Every game on its merits now. Every game is winnable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back