AFL Round 21 - Other Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching gws and Hawthorn or pretty much any other game confirms exactly where the mfc sits this year. There's a few teams a class above the rest actually I only think Richmond is the only team. The rest where there's an order but lower teams can pinch a win over the better teams and then there's us and gold Coast just absolute no hopers. I have no hope of a win against Collingwood at best being in a winning position in the last quarter to get overrun or just unable to capitalize on our chances.

Watching gws and Hawthorn or pretty much any other game confirms exactly where the mfc sits this year. There's a few teams a class above the rest actually I only think Richmond is the only team. The rest where there's an order but lower teams can pinch a win over the better teams and then there's us and gold Coast just absolute no hopers. I have no hope of a win against Collingwood at best being in a winning position in the last quarter to get overrun or just unable to capitalize on our chances.
Wouldn't the fact that we're capable, and have been in a winning position deep into a lot of games this year suggest that we aren't complete no hopers? We're a fair way from Gold Coast, who've largely been out of contests from half time

Wouldn't the fact that we're capable, and have been in a winning position deep into a lot of games this year suggest that we aren't complete no hopers? We're a fair way from Gold Coast, who've largely been out of contests from half time
Yeah a touch dramatic it's not Neeld bad but just frustrating we just don't look like a team that would cause an upset which is all I have left in this season.

Yeah a touch dramatic it's not Neeld bad but just frustrating we just don't look like a team that would cause an upset which is all I have left in this season.
I actually have a feeling we're a good chance of sneaking one tomorrow. Before last week, Collingwood weren't playing particularly good footy, thanks to some really untimely injuries, and their game last week may just play into our favour, as a big win against Gold Coast can have the tendency to paper over some issues that still need addressing.

The big problem is the weather, we've been awful in the wet (and/or slippery) for a couple of years now, and while they aren't Richmond in the rain, they couldn't be as bad as us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raining. Seems like a good day for four key backs.

Hopefully Goody sees sense and makes a late change to bring Kielty in as well.

I feel a bit sorry for GWS, they have done a great job with recruiting it is just non stop injury issues at that club that has held them back.

I am a bit weird that way I like to see the best team on the park playing their best brand of footy no matter who it is.

I feel a bit sorry for GWS, they have done a great job with recruiting it is just non stop injury issues at that club that has held them back.

I am a bit weird that way I like to see the best team on the park playing their best brand of footy no matter who it is.
I think it has worked out okay. They're in that 4th-5th best team each season but haven't won a flag. A lot of people thought they'd win 3-4+ flags in a row at one point. AFL would be pleased with their first decade.

I'm running out of superlatives to describe Patrick Dangerfield. Limped off and went down to the rooms just before half time and looked finished for all the tea in China, but has come out in the 3rd quarter and has been fantastic. What a warrior. What an inspiration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back