Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

thank god Jones is back, on here and twitter people cant wait to defend Clarke, but this guy cops it a bit

he's integral to the team, breaks the lines, we look better with him there,,

Not sure anyone in this board is deluded enough to say Clarke is better than Jones.

Not sure anyone in this board is deluded enough to say Clarke is better than Jones.

didnt say that just who gets pumped and who doesnt

is more swans twitter

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
Moving forward, Jones is in our top 5 most important players IMO. His ceiling is very high and we don’t have a single other midfielder on our list with his breakaway pace from the contest.

No matter what we think as a group of the Jones boy, all comments should henceforth echo the above from here on in.
We need to up ramp this chap, to maximize our returns in case of.
The vultures will come calling, and do due diligence via this board on his worth.

I hope he Jones stays.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Jones seems to have his name on every whiteboard of every sports journalist speculating about potential trades.

He gives us that burst of speed that we need through the middle, he's solidified his position in the best 22, he's an integral part of a young squad that could be a major contender in three or so years when Jones is coming into his peak performance age bracket. If he signs for two more years then he'll be a free agent at the end of 2021 so if he really wants out he'd be better placed then to do it.

Having said all that I wouldn't sell the farm to try and keep him. Shame to lose him if he goes but we're going to have a good spread of talent so we need to think bigger picture.

If he gets big money offers elsewhere we'll get a good pick in return.

Carlton's pick 11 looks good to me if he does price himself out of our market, or Saints 11, 14 if they trade their pick 5 to GWS, prefer to keep him though in our developing team.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope we dont trade out Zak jones, this years has been one of his better ones. Fair bit of development has gone into him and we need to retain some senior players.

Having said that, if we did trade him and got around pick 15 for him, it would give us 3 picks in the top ~20

I hope we dont trade out Zak jones, this years has been one of his better ones. Fair bit of development has gone into him and we need to retain some senior players.

Having said that, if we did trade him and got around pick 15 for him, it would give us 3 picks in the top ~20

Zac is a classic bipolar player. His best is match winning, his worst is oh well, he tried. It is possible to see him winning a Norm Smith on a good day. But at times he seems near void of footy IQ. This year at least he seems to have dropped the faux tough guy trappings which is testament to him.

I would like us to keep him but not by paying him overs.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Zac is a classic bipolar player. His best is match winning, his worst is oh well, he tried. It is possible to see him winning a Norm Smith on a good day. But at times he seems near void of footy IQ. This year at least he seems to have dropped the faux tough guy trappings which is testament to him.

I would like us to keep him but not by paying him overs.
It’s not coming out of your pocket so who cares? The reality is, no matter who plays and no matter what they get paid, they have to turn up every week and put their best foot forward.

I just don’t get this ‘don’t overpay this player bullshit’!

It’s not coming out of your pocket so who cares? The reality is, no matter who plays and no matter what they get paid, they have to turn up every week and put their best foot forward.

I just don’t get this ‘don’t overpay this player bulls**t’!

We cannot pay all of them $700K. We are not the Pies or Carlolton.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
We cannot pay all of them $700K. We are not the Pies or Carlolton.
Nobody is saying that. A lot of people complain about overpaying, something that doesn’t come out of their pockets. Quite odd that nobody complains when the club ‘underpays’ isn’t it? So long as everyone fits in the salary cap, who really gives a s**t?

Nobody is saying that. A lot of people complain about overpaying, something that doesn’t come out of their pockets. Quite odd that nobody complains when the club ‘underpays’ isn’t it? So long as everyone fits in the salary cap, who really gives a s**t?

True in terms of the salary cap. Personally I would like all our blokes to get a wage that adequately reflects their contribution to the team. I suppose that is why I favour the heavy use of performance based measures in contracts. That said even the humblest rookie is getting a fair whack of a wage compared to a lot of the population.

Back