List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If what Freo fans say about Bennell is true in regards to having improved his off field behaviour and has grown up since the birth of his child and if he has fixed his calf issue I think we should leave a roster spot open and give him a chance to win a spot on the list under the preseason supplementary rule. If he doesn't work hard enough or his body doesn't hold up then we don't have to pick him and can leave a spot open for the mid season draft but if he does work out you get an elite talent. Nothing to lose really.

Also would love to pry Darcy Bryne Jones away from Port. Vlastuin clone.

If what Freo fans say about Bennell is true in regards to having improved his off field behaviour and has grown up since the birth of his child and if he has fixed his calf issue I think we should leave a roster spot open and give him a chance to win a spot on the list under the preseason supplementary rule. If he doesn't work hard enough or his body doesn't hold up then we don't have to pick him and can leave a spot open for the mid season draft but if he does work out you get an elite talent. Nothing to lose really.

Also would love to pry Darcy Bryne Jones away from Port. Vlastuin clone.
* off. Don't need another Yarran.

Ollie Wines anyone?
Hinkley has come out today and said he’d only crack the side if someone gets injured.
24 years old, could be the contested bull we need. Has some kinks to iron out (disposal for one) but knows how to find it.
I would happily give up 2019 & 2020 1st rounder's for Ollie Wines and he is the exact type of player we need,But no way we could afford his salary and would have to be on $850k+
Aiden Bonar?

YES from me

fu** off. Don't need another Yarran.

Agree
Love our club culture atm we have a great balance and I worry the influence of someone like Harley could really damage that especially for someone like Stack

Ryan Garthwaite is one Tiger yearning for greater opportunity. Pic: AAP

WILL RIVALS PICK OFF FRINGE TIGERS?
Geelong’s VFL team was once fertile territory for rival sides to poach second-tier players given their three premiership dynasty.

Richmond’s depth players were picked off last year — Sam Lloyd, Anthony Miles, Reece Conca, Corey Ellis — and there is no reason it won’t happen again this year.

In the VFL side last week there were 11 players who have tasted AFL action this year — Kamdyn McIntosh, Ryan Garthwaite, Toby Nankervis, Jack Ross,

Noah Balta, Oleg Markov, Patrick Naish, Mav Weller, Connor Menadue, Callum Coleman-Jones, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith.

Most are contracted and happy, with Nankervis and Ross returning from injury, but will rivals come hard at centre half back Garthwaite or second ruck Coleman-Jones?

Geelong’s VFL team was once fertile territory for rival sides to poach second-tier players given their three premiership dynasty.

Richmond’s depth players were picked off last year — Sam Lloyd, Anthony Miles, Reece Conca, Corey Ellis — and there is no reason it won’t happen again this year.

In the VFL side last week there were 11 players who have tasted AFL action this year — Kamdyn McIntosh, Ryan Garthwaite, Toby Nankervis, Jack Ross,

Noah Balta, Oleg Markov, Patrick Naish, Mav Weller, Connor Menadue, Callum Coleman-Jones, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith.

Most are contracted and happy, with Nankervis and Ross returning from injury, but will rivals come hard at centre half back Garthwaite or second ruck Coleman-Jones?

What would posters say:

If Adelaide were to dangle the Blues first round pick in front of us for CCJ, if they missed on Grundy?

If the Dogs were to make a bid for Balta or Garthwaite?

If the Saints were to go after Soldo or Chol?

I think these are the fringe players that could get targeted by opposition sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could draft Wells and Yarran with one pick?
Go to bed SOS

Agree
Love our club culture atm we have a great balance and I worry the influence of someone like Harley could really damage that especially for someone like Stack
It was bad enough seeing him pose for a photo with cousins. Don't need that around Stack. Or Dusty for that matter.

Good problem to have. Can’t see our depth being picked off this year though as it is a lot younger and most are contracted. They know there time will come where as that wasn’t the case for the guys that left last year. Coleman-Jones won’t go and Soldo or Chol would be more gettable than him. Doubt there would be that much interest in Garthwaite but if there was he is contracted anyway and got opportunities this year but wasn’t quite up to it yet. Moore and Menadue are the ones that are probably in the same boat as the guys who left last year and may appeal to other clubs.Markov as well but he is contracted. If we got later picks for them we’d be happy as they probably need to be delisted anyway as someone has to go.
As for the others
Naish- father son who is living his dream. Won’t leave
Eggmolesse-Smith- academy kid that is settled well with the indigenous boys after initially finding it hard away from home. Won’t leave
Mav Weller- will be delisted and is a rookie.

What would posters say:

If Adelaide were to dangle the Blues first round pick in front of us for CCJ, if they missed on Grundy?
They have Windscreens O'Brien.

If the Dogs were to make a bid for Balta or Garthwaite?
No to both.
If the Saints were to go after Soldo or Chol?
Expecting CCJ to come on next year so i'd let either go.
I think these are the fringe players that could get targeted by opposition sides

What was the point of Weller?

40 odd positions on the list. I think guys like Townsend and him (mature rookies) add a lot of value as they do the grunt work that young draftees can’t do and it helps their development and allows us to have a strong VFL team which is vital. There is no coincidence that we have become a really good AFL team since our VFL team has been strong. Would love to keep Townsend on the VFL list next year like what we have done with Morris.

In terms of Weller, probably a back-up forward.
No one could predict at the start of the year that Stack, Bolton, Castagna would improve.
Further, no one really knew of Lynch's guaranteed input this year at the start of the year.
Weller was highly regarded and St Kilda fans thought he was treated poorly.
They haven't exactly improved this year.

I hope Butler gets another gig next year as I don't think he fits our team now. Same with KMac. IMO they are poor field kickers.

I liked Short but now I think his defending is a liability. I hope he finds another club.

And the big one, Brandon Ellis. I think we have him more than covered.

Naish for Short
Turner for BEllis
Pickett for Kmac
Stack for Butler

That's potentially 4 draft picks traded in that we can use towards stockpiling future picks.

I'd keep Menadue and Markov. Their graph is heading north.

Moore... PASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back