Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

gaff article said:
Gaff unlocks 300 donated meals for every kilometre he covers at Eagles home games. In a partnership with AGL and Foodbank WA during the past two seasons, that has equated to nearly 93,000 meals and he has promised to deliver another mini-marathon against Adelaide on Sunday.

* this stuff shits me. It's not Gaff's fault. But there's an immediately obvious implication here that AGL could donate as much as they wanted to the foodbank, but they won't, because they wouldn't get any publicity out of it, so it's all on Gaff!!!!

It's like in cricket when some big company gives $1000 for every six or something. No, you're not being generous. Someone pass the guillotine, please.

fu** this stuff s**ts me. It's not Gaff's fault. But there's an immediately obvious implication here that AGL could donate as much as they wanted to the foodbank, but they won't, because they wouldn't get any publicity out of it, so it's all on Gaff!!!!

It's like in cricket when some big company gives $1000 for every six or something. No, you're not being generous. Someone pass the guillotine, please.
I don't think too many people are dumb enough to think companies that do this do it out of sheer generosity. But I agree they can lay it on a bit thick sometimes as it is a far cry from a "donation". Better this than no "donation" at all though.

It's the club that is being generous here when you think about it.

I think plenty of people are dumb enough, as it's generally advertised as a big wonderful gift (think all that "Toyota gives back to footy" thing) that us proles should be lucky enough to have. At the very least, it's the angle that companies are going for

fu** this stuff s**ts me. It's not Gaff's fault. But there's an immediately obvious implication here that AGL could donate as much as they wanted to the foodbank, but they won't, because they wouldn't get any publicity out of it, so it's all on Gaff!!!!

So what your saying is a free lunch isn't't actually free?

Shocked to be sitting here to be honest.

Gee Garry Lyon has jumped on the bandwagon, hasn't he?

It's like he was confronted with the idea we might go B2B and he'd have to explain why he still doesn't know anything about us. "Not watching interstate teams" probably wouldn't have cut it 2 years in a row so now he's desperately overcompensating to cover his arse.

Remember his face at HT in last year's PF?

It's like he was confronted with the idea we might go B2B and he'd have to explain why he still doesn't know anything about us. "Not watching interstate teams" probably wouldn't have cut it 2 years in a row so now he's desperately overcompensating to cover his arse.

Sure has. First he says Yeo is the best player going around, and now Willie could be the best Rioli.... It is refreshing!

deflecting attention from meltank who are the dead set disaster of 2019 with a list full of high picks -Coach sacked??

I was really suprised to see that stat OTC that we havent played a top 8 side since round 5.

Surely thats the top 8 as it stands. To get a true indication it should be compared to what their ladder position was when we played them & where they finished last year.

I was really suprised to see that stat OTC that we havent played a top 8 side since round 5.

Surely thats the top 8 as it stands. To get a true indication it should be compared to what their ladder position was when we played them & where they finished last year.
We haven't played Collingwood since round 5?

It can’t be as it stands - Essendon, Adelaide and Collingwood are all in the Top 8 and we’ve played them since the bye.

It don’t matter anyway - you can only beat who you play as per the bastardised fixture the league lays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can’t be as it stands - Essendon, Adelaide and Collingwood are all in the Top 8 and we’ve played them since the bye.

It don’t matter anyway - you can only beat who you play as per the bastardised fixture the league lays out.

But if it was last years top 8.. Sydney and hawthorn 🤔 think they’re just making it up as they go

The 6,6,6 fixture is too reactive. A 2 year averaged ladder for that system would work better.

I think the actual stat is we haven't beaten a top 8 side since the bye (Having beaten Essendon just before the bye and GWS/Collingwood rounds 2/3)

I like to think of it like this:

We're the reason Adelaide, the Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Freo and St Kilda are all just outside the 8.

I must admit I am a bit concerned our record vs the top 4 is 0-2, 2-3 against the top 6 and 3-4 against the top 8.

Those three wins were vs Collingwood, GWS and Essendon, with losses vs Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port.

It's also strange most of those games weee at the start of the year when we went 3-3.
Don't be too concerned, I'm sure that 0-2 would be a bit different if we got to play any of the other top 4 teams at home. That Brisbane one stung at the time, but they could well be top of the table heading into the last round and we hardly ever win in Geelong, and won't have to do so in finals.

Don't be too concerned, I'm sure that 0-2 would be a bit different if we got to play any of the other top 4 teams at home. That Brisbane one stung at the time, but they could well be top of the table heading into the last round and we hardly ever win in Geelong, and won't have to do so in finals.

I guess compared to last year when we went 3-0 vs the top 4 during the regular season, and if you consider post-finals we went 5-1 (with Melbourne replacing Hawthorn as top 4).

I'm sure we had a much better record against the rest of the top 8 too.

Hopefully we turn it around this week!

I must admit I am a bit concerned our record vs the top 4 is 0-2, 2-3 against the top 6 and 3-4 against the top 8.

Those three wins were vs Collingwood, GWS and Essendon, with losses vs Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood and Port.

It's also strange most of those games weee at the start of the year when we went 3-3.

The only one of those that bothers me is the Port game. But they've shown they play for keeps against the top teams and have done us a favour picking off the likes of Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back