Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nothing against Walsh, but I'd definitely take Rozee if I had the choice between both.

Is one of the best small forwards in his first year after playing his footy as a half-back as an underager. Will be one of those guys who can just go anywhere and impact.

was referring to the RS award this year. Agree on rozzee for sure

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
we would of made finals this year is stack was drafted

Based on talent Stack was a first round pick. But his work ethic, attitude and off-field activities raised serious flags. It’s the reason that every club passed on him both in the main and rookie drafts.

We’ve been burnt previously by players with those attributes. Clarko put a lot of faith in Dayle Gartlett and I think it still burns. Credit to Hardwick for getting Stack in seemingly a better place and credit to Stack for (at least at the current moment) putting his best foot forward. But his recruitment was always viewed as a massive risk, and sometimes they pay off but other times they don’t.

Keeping this account going solely to troll Goddard now:

9115E682-1D03-4922-ADFC-9570CEDEFA56.jpeg

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While others - including O’Meara - are starting to drop off as the long season draws to an end, this kid is getting better by the week. And that is in a midfield in which he has been expected to do a lot more heavy lifting than a second year player should be. His season has been quite remarkable. We have a special player.

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Worpel is a jet. The first 6 steps he takes is quick/explosive which will help him in heavy traffic to create a bit of space to get the ball away. You can tell that Mitch is teaching him the midfield craft, the way Worps is moving and his positioning around the ground jogging between contests. He has also got that lethal Lee body type a low centre of gravity. And he is tough/competitive. We’ve got a super player on our hands and I feel confident moving forward that we can mix it with the best in the middle of the ground, an area I thought we would struggle post the era of Mitchell/Hodge/Lewis and with Burgs getting on 😄.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Could he win our B&F this year? Will be up there.
Huge chance

His 3 main rivals would be

Impey - will miss too many games

Big Boy - Still a chance but missed games will hurt him

Henderson - Also a good chance but not been at that same super high level of late.

Back