Preview Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 18 August 2019, 4.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Roughead

OUT: Howe (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Sicily, O’Brien, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Lewis, Nash

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: Ceglar, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Hanrahan, Cousins, Scully, Jiath

IN: Roughead

OUT: Howe (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Sicily, O’Brien, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Lewis, Nash

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: Ceglar, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Hanrahan, Cousins, Scully, Jiath
I like Howe but I aint sure who gets the chop for Rough to have a run
Tough to drop anyone after last night. Left me feeling warm and fuzzy and a cold night.

Need West Coast to thump Adelaide, then Collingwood to cause an upset win against Adelaide next week.

Round 21
Port Adelaide vs Sydney (AO)
Essendon vs WB (MS)
St Kilda vs Fremantle (MS)
WCE vs Adelaide (DS)

Round 22
Adelaide vs Collingwood (AO)
NM vs Port Adelaide (MS)
Fremantle vs Essendon (DS)
GWS vs WB (GS)

Round 23
WB vs Adelaide (MS)
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle (AO)

I like Howe but I aint sure who gets the chop for Rough to have a run
Tough to drop anyone after last night. Left me feeling warm and fuzzy and a cold night.

With a full list to choose from, I don’t think Howe is best 22.

If we are using Howe in defence surely Scimshaw is a better option.
In: Scrimshaw, McEvoy and Gunston if fit.
Out: Cousins, Howe and Ceglar (unlucky).
Would like to see another debut against the light weights of Gold Coast.
Not sure where Rough’s farewell game fits in?
Need to finally kick the tonne here and get a percentage boost just in case results fall our way.

If we are using Howe in defence surely Scimshaw is a better option.
In: Scrimshaw, McEvoy and Gunston if fit.
Out: Cousins, Howe and Ceglar (unlucky).
Would like to see another debut against the light weights of Gold Coast.
Not sure where Rough’s farewell game fits in?
Need to finally kick the tonne here and get a percentage boost just in case results fall our way.
Agree with those Ins, but you have to add Roughy too. So that's 4 changes after a thumping win. Doesn't usually happen.

Big week at selection this week.

I feel bad for Cegs.

When he is lone ruck he actually goes pretty good (16 disposals & 35 hitouts last night).

But we just can't seem to make Big Boy and Cegs in the same team work.

I wouldn't hold it against Jonathon if he seeks a trade at the end of the year cause he is definitely an AFL standard ruckman and shouldn't be playing in the VFL.

Need West Coast to thump Adelaide, then Collingwood to cause an upset win against Adelaide next week.

Round 21
Port Adelaide vs Sydney (AO)
Essendon vs WB (MS)
St Kilda vs Fremantle (MS)
WCE vs Adelaide (DS)

Round 22
Adelaide vs Collingwood (AO)
NM vs Port Adelaide (MS)
Fremantle vs Essendon (DS)
GWS vs WB (GS)

Round 23
WB vs Adelaide (MS)
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle (AO)
I have us making it as well if we win the remaining two and Essendon drop their last three games.

If the doggies can do the right thing and beat the Dons today then the Scum have Freo in WA and Collingwood at the MCG to finish off so its not without a chance of happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Scrimshaw, Roughead
Outs: Howe, Lewis (rested)

I’d give McEvoy and Gunston another week off to get them ready for West Coast. I’d also give Lewis a rest since he got banged up multiple times in the GWS game. Roughy gets his deserved fairwell game - champion of our club. Scrimshaw comes in for Howe to ensure we don’t get exploited for pace - Jiath gets another week.

It's going to be very interesting come Thursday/Friday evening to see which way the selectors go with the team

After last nights really strong performance, where essentially everybody did their bit, it'll be tough to drop anyone; however we have players such as Gunston, Scrimshaw, Roughead and McEvoy who could/will step straight into the team, especially against the Suns. Could very well be some unlucky omissions

Then there is the lingering question of Roughie and his potential farewell game

I think what people forget is that Roughy does alright for Box Hill, doesn't play the FF role anymore but usually gets his hands on the ball and takes a few grabs.

In: Roughead, Scrimshaw, Gunston
Out: Howe, Cousins, Lewis (rest)/ Hanrahan (omitted)

Howe hasn't looked great since the cats game, don't think the HBF role suits him. Mitch Lewis has been in great development this year, but has been gone missing large periods of the game. Was absent for 3 quarters last night, but really impressed by his desire to finish the night with a couple of goals. With the shoulder niggle, probably deserves a rest along with Hanrahan. Both seem to be losing a tad bit of steam (normal for rookies). Cousins is the interesting proposition, because of his obvious midfield skills, but with out midfield as stacked as it is, probably not necessary yet on a permanent basis.

B: Scrimshaw, Frawley, Hardwick
HB: Burgoyne, Stratton, Sicily
C: Hendo, Worps, Shiels
HF: Gunston, TOB, Smith
F: Puopolo, Roughead, Breust
R: Ceglar (McEvoy if fit), JOM, Wingard
I/C: Scully, Nash, Jiath, Hanrahan

I feel bad for Cegs.

When he is lone ruck he actually goes pretty good (16 disposals & 35 hitouts last night).

But we just can't seem to make Big Boy and Cegs in the same team work.

I wouldn't hold it against Jonathon if he seeks a trade at the end of the year cause he is definitely an AFL standard ruckman and shouldn't be playing in the VFL.

The problem with Ceglar is his consistency, even if McEvoy were out for 8 weeks, Ceglar would still have
2 horrid games in that stretch. Not sure what it is but when he is off, it is Luke Breust proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back