Preview Rnd 21 - Carlton v Richmond - Sunday 11th August 3:20PM @ MCG - Final Team - Post #399

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because some people are so _______ (insert your own word here)

Teague spelt it out for all.
We always play two rucks. Levi is the best 2nd ruck in the comp.

Not bad for a guy that the peanut gallery said
Should never get a game
Should be traded....etc........... ;)
Two Rucks works....Cas a non dedicated Ruck,Philips our actual best Ruck but he dont rove good for a tall.Philips still a good option if not injured and gets match fit and proper pre season[same deal as Kreuz]
Cas has a huge list on here over years,he has managed to improve remarkably this year including working very hard in the VFL when there was no spot for him early,it was his last call too.
Kreuz,Cas,Philips.....can all be up and down in form.Esp kruez who has been injury managed for several years,plus Philips who has been also on an injury run lately.Cas is up atm.......should be ok.

Last edited:

Because some people are so _______ (insert your own word here)

Teague spelt it out for all.
We always play two rucks. Levi is the best 2nd ruck in the comp.

Not bad for a guy that the peanut gallery said
Should never get a game
Should be traded....etc........... ;)

And supposedly can't win with him in the side...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly does help. And no Rance as well of course.

Who do we send Ed to? Maybe Lambert.

I think the injuries end up evening out now: Rance, Cotchin and Martin vs Curnow, Docherty and Marchbank.

On the topic of Ed, I would just release him like against Fremantle in the second half, see how the game unfolds.

Not sure if we lost last week because we are a young side. We had plenty of forward line entries and a won our share of the ball. McGovern killed us in our forward line by taking uncontested marks. Didn't allow us to mark or crumb the ball or create stoppages. That was either poor tactics from a coaching point of view by our coach or poor team balance. Our own McGovern is the answer to that problem. Every game on its merits now. Every game is winnable.
Yeah fair enough...my thinking is that we cannot/do not connect effectively with our forwards...which i believe is due mainly to a lack of cohesion between ball carriers and our forwards...we had enough entries as you say but we were just kicking in hope rather than lowering the eyes and kicking directly to one of our forwards leading away from their man. I can only recall two occasion where this happened - Harry and Cas did this once each.

Not sure if we lost last week because we are a young side. We had plenty of forward line entries and a won our share of the ball. McGovern killed us in our forward line by taking uncontested marks. Didn't allow us to mark or crumb the ball or create stoppages. That was either poor tactics from a coaching point of view by our coach or poor team balance. Our own McGovern is the answer to that problem. Every game on its merits now. Every game is winnable.
Disagree on Mcgovern being the answer to the forward line struggles last week going into this game .
One thing Teague has us doing much better than Bolton previously is controlling our ball use much better linking up through handball chains and short kicking through the middle parts of the ground and spotting up leadup forwards .
We got away from that a little last week and were pressured into bombing it into our forwardline once again which was tailor-made for the WC defence .
The key will be our ball use through the midfield transitioning forward imo .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back