List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would posters say:

If Adelaide were to dangle the Blues first round pick in front of us for CCJ, if they missed on Grundy?

If the Dogs were to make a bid for Balta or Garthwaite?

If the Saints were to go after Soldo or Chol?

I think these are the fringe players that could get targeted by opposition sides
Would have to trade CCJ for Crows’ first (which is probably pick four now after Suns’ priority). CCJ looks the goods, but pick four could land us a superstar mid and set us up for the future. Highly doubt Adelaide would do that trade though.

Balta has shown some very good signs. He’s raw, but I expect him to become a very good player if we use him correctly. I would keep him off the table unless the dogs offered something significant.

Garthwaite can go. He’s a third tall with minimal rebound and a dodgy kicking style. A pick in between 40 and 50 is probably all we would get for him. Soldo can go (assuming we retain Chol and CCJ) and his value would be 35 to 45.

I don’t think any of them leave though. I think it will be Butler and Ellis who leave, with Menadue, Moore, Weller and Townsend being delisted.

Ryan Garthwaite is one Tiger yearning for greater opportunity. Pic: AAP
Ryan Garthwaite is one Tiger yearning for greater opportunity. Pic: AAP

WILL RIVALS PICK OFF FRINGE TIGERS?
Geelong’s VFL team was once fertile territory for rival sides to poach second-tier players given their three premiership dynasty.

Richmond’s depth players were picked off last year — Sam Lloyd, Anthony Miles, Reece Conca, Corey Ellis — and there is no reason it won’t happen again this year.

In the VFL side last week there were 11 players who have tasted AFL action this year — Kamdyn McIntosh, Ryan Garthwaite, Toby Nankervis, Jack Ross,

Noah Balta, Oleg Markov, Patrick Naish, Mav Weller, Connor Menadue, Callum Coleman-Jones, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith.

Most are contracted and happy, with Nankervis and Ross returning from injury, but will rivals come hard at centre half back Garthwaite or second ruck Coleman-Jones?

Garthwaite won't make it I'd be surprised if he goes another team and does well, he just doesn't craft gets killed body on body.

Who is behind O'Brien though?
They'll keep Jacobs for another year and get Grundy for free next year.If they miss on Grundy then who knows because as i said i expect CCJ to be Nanks sidekick by years end next year.

What if the Dogs offered their first pick, currently 8, for Balta?
Not an expert on this years draft but i hear its thin on KP's.Wouldn't do it.So much upside in Smiley.

What would you expect for either Soldo or Chol in a trade?
If going to the Saints.Their 3rd.

Garthwaite won't make it I'd be surprised if he goes another team and does well, he just doesn't craft gets killed body on body.

garthy is pretty tall, young, looks very skinny

he might be better after a couple preseasons when the guy he is playing on cant rag doll him as easily ?

might of had a recent growth spurt which makes it hard to put together

What would posters say:

If Adelaide were to dangle the Blues first round pick in front of us for CCJ, if they missed on Grundy?

No.

CCJ averages 15 touches, 4.8 marks (1.2 contested), 3.5 tackles and 18 hitouts a game, plus a goal every other week this year in the VFL. And he is trending upward, if you go from start of June its 17 touches, 5.3 marks (2 contested), 4 tackles, 26 hitouts and a still a goal every other game. Plus quick look at last 4 VFL reports he is averaging 4 clearances. The kid is 20, which is young as an AFL footballer and a baby as a ruck. Also signed to 2021 so there is no need to rush him, looks on track to be a beast in a few years.

If the Dogs were to make a bid for Balta or Garthwaite?

No again. Balta is signed to 2021 and Garth to 2020, i doubt either are going to agitate for a move either so no need to move them on.

If the Saints were to go after Soldo or Chol?

Maybe, but mostly because both are off contract, which makes them vulnerable. Soldo is also still a baby in terms of a ruckman, but it's coming together more and more, he has the ability to be a very good ruckman at 24/25. Chol needs to keep improving his versatility, i can't see i'm getting ahead of CCJ and Soldo as a ruckman so needs to come on as CHB or Tall forward.

what with the commentary coming from draft watchers that it's basically a top 5 then a crapshoot, I wouldn't be trading any of our promising youngsters for mid-late firsts and beyond.
I thought it was the opposite, top 5 thin for a top 5, but depth in the draft means good quality picks to the 35 range

Hope this isnt true but was speaking to a relative of a player manager last night and apparently Cotch is seriously considering retiring at the end of this year as his hammys are just about shot. Should note its not 'his' player manager, just 'a' player manager.

If true would free up some payment space.
With all due respect I hope your friend is wrong. :(

Hope this isnt true but was speaking to a relative of a player manager last night and apparently Cotch is seriously considering retiring at the end of this year as his hammys are just about shot. Should note its not 'his' player manager, just 'a' player manager.

he stupid 'there is more to life than footy' wife has been in his ear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Butler gets another gig next year as I don't think he fits our team now. Same with KMac. IMO they are poor field kickers.

I liked Short but now I think his defending is a liability. I hope he finds another club.

And the big one, Brandon Ellis. I think we have him more than covered.

Naish for Short
Turner for BEllis
Pickett for Kmac
Stack for Butler

That's potentially 4 draft picks traded in that we can use towards stockpiling future picks.

I'd keep Menadue and Markov. Their graph is heading north.

Moore... PASS

Pickett is older than KMac lol

Cotchin AND Rance? I also heard Riewoldt is thinking of retiring as well...

Was fortunate enough to go to the player sponsor training session this morning
Balme was asked if we could expect anything big through the off season he said like we all pretty much know that we are more or less tapped out from a cap standpoint and don’t have any big moves for the time being

Also when asked about Caracella departing he said club is in the process now of looking at options but are leaning towards getting someone expected through the doors instead of promoting someone from inside our 4 walls

Balme was asked if we could expect anything big through the off season he said like we all pretty much know that we are more or less tapped out from a cap standpoint and don’t have any big moves for the time being

Also when asked about Caracella departing he said club is in the process now of looking at options but are leaning towards getting someone expected through the doors instead of promoting someone from inside our 4 walls

would be madness to re-sign ellis and let the cap space and compo pick go

WOW we are closing ranks around the Club...still would prefer bringing in a new assist! Fresh blood, fresh ideas...keep up the rejuvenating of the Club!

would be madness to re-sign ellis and let the cap space and compo pick go
Yeah from the way he was talking it seems we are very tight
Said we had our eyes on a few blokes as always but to temper expectations for any big moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back