Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television
Was good not as good as the reviews led me to believe.

The guy that played Homelander killed though. Forgot his name but read he was from NZ.

Hughie drags the show down big time. Especially towards the end of the season
Antony Starr. Check him out in Banshee (Foxtel). An ex-con who assumes the identity of a murdered sheriff in the small town of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he has some unfinished business. Pretty full on.

Antony Starr. Check him out in Banshee (Foxtel). An ex-con who assumes the identity of a murdered sheriff in the small town of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he has some unfinished business. Pretty full on.

He also played Twins in Outrageous Fortune I believe.

It’s the absolute best, will win awards for the use of campaigner in every billy butcher discussion.

Desperate for more

"******* diabolical!" :)

Show is a decent drama in it's own right, acting was solid across the board too.

Ha I can’t believe I didn’t pick up Homelander’s Hood in Banshee (cracking show BTW).

Halfway thru The Boys and yeah it’s bloody good. That hijacked plane scene.........

I'm 3 episodes in. They aren't exactly subtle in the themes they are trying to explore, are they?

Its definitely good, but the heavy-handedness of everything so far pulls its rating down for me

Its meant to be a realistic portrayal. Its a commentary of how financial gain would be the primary focus if we ever had superheroes.

Its meant to be a realistic portrayal. Its a commentary of how financial gain would be the primary focus if we ever had superheroes.

Yeah, the full on scenes aren't done purely for shock value or humor, they actually help serve the story. It's much more than a "R Rated a-hole superheroes" tv show.

My face when I see a hidden Skittle in the bag

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Sure that's the primary story with Voght, but the series does touch on a whole bunch of other themes, but none of it too much subtly.

Overall its an enjoyable series with some really hard hitting moments (the hijack scene in particular)

Not being familiar with the source material, I look forward to the explanation of why
Becca is living in hiding

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Enjoyed this show. Favourite scenes were dolphin in a van, laser eye baby and gill sex. I fell in love with Erin Moriarty.

Karl Urban's awful Cockney-Aussie accent was distracting.

I was watching the Mesmer scenes and I was thinking I know that face. Then it dawned on me - it's the 'I see dead people' kid with a beard!

Enjoyed this show. Favourite scenes were dolphin in a van, laser eye baby and gill sex. I fell in love with Erin Moriarty.

Karl Urban's awful Cockney-Aussie accent was distracting.

I was watching the Mesmer scenes and I was thinking I know that face. Then it dawned on me - it's the 'I see dead people' kid with a beard!

i cant stand highie

Back