Preview 2019 Round 21 - Richmond vs Carlton, Sunday 11th of August @ MCG, 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Shedda took over as Captain, with no Cotch or Rance we had one of our best backs to the wall win in our history, and it set the scene for the rest of the year.
Massive win it was too, and yes re-set our season for the rest of the year! Who was it against now?!?! :think:

We play to the level we have been playing we got no issue even with players out no exuses. Weather the storm early from blues as they will come out and then play our natural game.

Sarah Black during the week said the club will be cautious with Stack being so young with his calf. The way she worded it came across as another week off.

I still get the feeling Dimma wouldn't lose to much sleep if we lost this one, and throwing caution to the wind if Stack is out could be the perfect time for a surprise call up for Pickett. Jon Anderson in Monday's Superladder said 'Those who watched the VFL said Marlion Pickett isn't far of being unleashed come finals time"[/

I’m pretty sure Dimma would lose sleep if we dropped this one , we most likely will be 5th if we get done with Eagles &Lions to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is he resting Dusty if its such an important game.
If he was just getting rested he wouldn’t have been named in the team. He would have woken up, felt a bit sore, gotten the docs to check him out and they’ve clearly seen something increasing the risk of injury if he plays tomorrow.

Bloody hell. Nearly cried watching the Shedda video. What a legend. Been my favourite player to watch for about 5 years now. Plenty more games to come hopefully.
Legend.

Why is he resting Dusty if its such an important game.

So you 100% know he is being rested ? The point was Dimma wouldn’t lose sleep if we lost this one ! I’m pretty sure he would as it’s a huge game for our top 4 chances !

So you don’t think it’s an important game ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it'll be a great game tbh, both teams missing 3 clearly best 22 players (Rance, Martin, Cotchin and Curnow, Docherty, Marchbank).
*ing lol

didnt ross only play a half? doesnt make much sense to not play pickett who had 90% gametime
Pickett had 70%.

Who changed the colour of the footy to match our jumpers?!? :mad:
I like the old reddish leather colour that I grew up with! what the feck was wrong about that red colour?!? :mad:
Bloody AFL stuffing about with our game! :mad:
Welcome to 1985.

I think we'll win, but Blues are playing real good footy.. Players are desperate for Teague to be their next coach and thus are playing their Grand final every week.
West Coast kicked 9 goals to 1 in half an hour either side of half time last week.

Let's talk about Gerard Whateley.

He played his last game of football in primary school.
He spends his life talking about what other people do.
You can bet he's never been punched in the face.
You know he's never made a woman's toes curl.

Gerard Whateley is not substantial enough to be a lightweight. This is not a person to take seriously, about anything.

f*n lol

Pickett had 70%.

Welcome to 1985.

West Coast kicked 9 goals to 1 in half an hour either side of half time last week.

Gerard Whateley is not substantial enough to be a lightweight. This is not a person to take seriously, about anything.
benny hill wtf.gif

Often like your no-nonsence posting. But this one was a bit thoughtless. Below is Whateley's wiki excerpt. If you want to post yours, we can compare the relevant weights and discuss. I'm not a fan of Whateley, but I do think he brings intellegence, sometimes even when it's not wanted (by Robbo mostly). He's a journo, it's tough gig. I have a daughter doing Journalism and Political Science, I hear first hand how hard it is, so am loathe to criticise what I can't do better.

(Wiki)
Career
Whateley started his media career at the Herald Sun newspaper. He spent six years at the paper during which he gained experience including police rounds, courts and state politics.[2] He was also involved in the research of the Herald Sun's hardback book Our Home Front, documenting life in Australia during the Second World War from the newspapers of the time. Whateley became the paper's movie writer, then editor of HIT magazine (the Herald Sun's movie and music lift out), prior to being appointed senior writer for the newly released Sunday Magazine in 1998. Whateley travelled to the US and Europe, interviewing some of the world's famous people including Steven Spielberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Geoffrey Rush and Cindy Crawford.[3] During this time, he was heard for the first time on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) with a weekly segment reviewing videos on the afternoon program.

Whateley began to focus more on sports, writing regular in-depth features and gaining access to the likes of Wayne Carey, Greg Norman, Damien Oliver and Jacques Villeneuve along with covering football as a "second job" for the Sunday Herald Sun.[4]

At the beginning of 1999, Whateley took up the job as the network's senior sport reporter for Channel Ten. His chief responsibilities were to cover the Australian Football League (AFL) and horse racing. At the completion of his first year, he was named the Young Journalist of the Year at the Melbourne Press Club's Quill Awards. He was also named the Network Ten Young Achiever of the Year from nationwide consideration of employees. Whateley earned a reputation for authority and accuracy, enhanced at the 2000 Olympics breaking a series of stories surrounding the drug use by competing weightlifters.

In 2001, Whateley accepted the chief reporter's position at Seven News, winning the Quill Award for the Most Outstanding News Report for an investigation that revealed a wanted US criminal had lied to enter Australia to win a Melbourne radio station's Valentine's Day competition.

Soon after, Ten reclaimed Whateley's services to be a foundation member of the network's AFL commentary team. He later joined ABC Radio's AFL team. In his inaugural year calling football, Whateley was named the Australian Football Media Association's Most Outstanding Radio Caller, following in the footsteps of Tim Lane. Throughout this time, Whateley's horse-racing work in print, radio and television was rewarded with numerous awards, including the 2004 Cox Plate Story of the Year for the ABC.

Whateley joined the ABC full-time in September 2004, as lead sports broadcaster in Melbourne, and a national caller of several sports including AFL, cricket, horse racing and Olympic swimming.[5]

Whateley was a regular panelist and occasional replacement host on the ABC's Sunday morning sports show Offsiders since its inception in 2005. He became the show's host from the beginning of the 2014 season[6] and continued in the role until his departure from the ABC at the end of 2017.

In January 2018, it was announced that Whateley was departing ABC to join Melbourne sports radio station SEN 1116, where he would become chief sports caller and host of a new weekday morning program called Whateley.[7][8][9] The Whateley program debuted on 29 January 2018. Whateley's first interview on the new program was with Australian former tennis champion Rod Laver,[10] discussing the previous evening's Australian Open tennis final. The same edition of the program also featured an interview with 2018 Australian Open men's champion Roger Federer.[11]

Whateley hosts Fox Footy's AFL 360 television program, which normally screens at 7.30 pm each Monday to Thursday during the AFL season. His co-host is Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson. Whateley and Robinson began presenting the show on its debut in 2010 as a weekly program on Wednesday nights on the Fox Sports channel. In 2012, as a part of Foxtel's enhanced coverage in the new AFL broadcast rights deal, the program expanded to the Monday to Thursday schedule on the relaunched AFL-dedicated channel Fox Footy.[12] The show was named Most Outstanding Program at the Australian Football Media Association Awards in 2012,[13] 2013[14] 2015[15] and 2016.[16]

In 2012, Whateley wrote a book about Australian thoroughbred racehorse Black Caviar, Black Caviar: The Horse of a Lifetime. Later that year, Whateley rejoined the Herald Sun as a columnist.

Whateley was the winner of the Australian Football Media Association's "Alf Brown Trophy", awarded to the most outstanding media performer, in 2015 and 2017.[17]

Whateley supports the Geelong Football Club.[18]

He first met his wife, Claire, when they were teenagers at their local church parish in the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Mulgrave. They have three children.[19]

So you 100% know he is being rested ? The point was Dimma wouldn’t lose sleep if we lost this one ! I’m pretty sure he would as it’s a huge game for our top 4 chances !

So you don’t think it’s an important game ?

So how are you 100% possitive Dimma wouldn't lose sleep over this loss?
This is an important game, every game is, but its also our last chance to experiment before two high pressure games and finals campaign.
18yo Ross, a 5 game veteran misses 3 months with serious injuy and comes back in after only one half of VFL footy, thats a bit radical for a must win game don't you think?
Chol playing whilst being horribly out of form. Three disposals last week against the worst team in the comp in a game where we had double the i50's, that's odd for a must win game don't you think.
Like the Cats and Crows pre-bye games, this has a similar feel. Will it be one of those classic games you have to lose like the Cats in 2017.
Winning 12 in a row to win a premiership is a herculean feat, just wouldn't be surprised if we're a little flat tomorrow then reset for a full on assault fo the flag starting the following week against the Eagles

Last edited:
So how are you 100% possitive Dimma wouldn't lose sleep over this loss?
This is an important game, every game is, but its also our last chance to experiment before two high pressure games and finals campaign.
18yo Ross, a 5 game veteran misses 3 months with serious injuy and comes back in after only one half of VFL footy, thats a bit radical for a must win game don't you think?
Chol playing whilst being horribly out of form. Three disposals last week against the worst team in the comp in a game where we had double the i50's, that's odd for a must win game don't you think.

Classic , radical for a must win game !

Fine mate , it’s not a must win game then , let’s experiment & have some fun & if we win we win if we lose it doesn’t matter as the serious stuff is coming from next week on & doesn’t matter re the top 4 as it’s not a must win game

Actually really pleased with Ross in (less thrilled with Dusty out mind) allows him to cement his spot for Finals... Don't think he would've had the chance otherwise. Hard team to break into at the moment.

Will be a close-ish game we'll win by 20-30 pts and the media will spruik how good Carlton are and ignore the lack of Rance/Cotch/Dusty. Which just goes to show how far we've come this season, this time last year not playing with one of those three, let alone all of them would've been the major talking point.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Often like your no-nonsence posting. But this one was a bit thoughtless. Below is Whateley's wiki excerpt. If you want to post yours, we can compare the relevant weights and discuss. I'm not a fan of Whateley, but I do think he brings intellegence, sometimes even when it's not wanted (by Robbo mostly). He's a journo, it's tough gig. I have a daughter doing Journalism and Political Science, I hear first hand how hard it is, so am loathe to criticise what I can't do better.

(Wiki)
Career
Whateley started his media career at the Herald Sun newspaper. He spent six years at the paper during which he gained experience including police rounds, courts and state politics.[2] He was also involved in the research of the Herald Sun's hardback book Our Home Front, documenting life in Australia during the Second World War from the newspapers of the time. Whateley became the paper's movie writer, then editor of HIT magazine (the Herald Sun's movie and music lift out), prior to being appointed senior writer for the newly released Sunday Magazine in 1998. Whateley travelled to the US and Europe, interviewing some of the world's famous people including Steven Spielberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Geoffrey Rush and Cindy Crawford.[3] During this time, he was heard for the first time on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) with a weekly segment reviewing videos on the afternoon program.

Whateley began to focus more on sports, writing regular in-depth features and gaining access to the likes of Wayne Carey, Greg Norman, Damien Oliver and Jacques Villeneuve along with covering football as a "second job" for the Sunday Herald Sun.[4]

At the beginning of 1999, Whateley took up the job as the network's senior sport reporter for Channel Ten. His chief responsibilities were to cover the Australian Football League (AFL) and horse racing. At the completion of his first year, he was named the Young Journalist of the Year at the Melbourne Press Club's Quill Awards. He was also named the Network Ten Young Achiever of the Year from nationwide consideration of employees. Whateley earned a reputation for authority and accuracy, enhanced at the 2000 Olympics breaking a series of stories surrounding the drug use by competing weightlifters.

In 2001, Whateley accepted the chief reporter's position at Seven News, winning the Quill Award for the Most Outstanding News Report for an investigation that revealed a wanted US criminal had lied to enter Australia to win a Melbourne radio station's Valentine's Day competition.

Soon after, Ten reclaimed Whateley's services to be a foundation member of the network's AFL commentary team. He later joined ABC Radio's AFL team. In his inaugural year calling football, Whateley was named the Australian Football Media Association's Most Outstanding Radio Caller, following in the footsteps of Tim Lane. Throughout this time, Whateley's horse-racing work in print, radio and television was rewarded with numerous awards, including the 2004 Cox Plate Story of the Year for the ABC.

Whateley joined the ABC full-time in September 2004, as lead sports broadcaster in Melbourne, and a national caller of several sports including AFL, cricket, horse racing and Olympic swimming.[5]

Whateley was a regular panelist and occasional replacement host on the ABC's Sunday morning sports show Offsiders since its inception in 2005. He became the show's host from the beginning of the 2014 season[6] and continued in the role until his departure from the ABC at the end of 2017.

In January 2018, it was announced that Whateley was departing ABC to join Melbourne sports radio station SEN 1116, where he would become chief sports caller and host of a new weekday morning program called Whateley.[7][8][9] The Whateley program debuted on 29 January 2018. Whateley's first interview on the new program was with Australian former tennis champion Rod Laver,[10] discussing the previous evening's Australian Open tennis final. The same edition of the program also featured an interview with 2018 Australian Open men's champion Roger Federer.[11]

Whateley hosts Fox Footy's AFL 360 television program, which normally screens at 7.30 pm each Monday to Thursday during the AFL season. His co-host is Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson. Whateley and Robinson began presenting the show on its debut in 2010 as a weekly program on Wednesday nights on the Fox Sports channel. In 2012, as a part of Foxtel's enhanced coverage in the new AFL broadcast rights deal, the program expanded to the Monday to Thursday schedule on the relaunched AFL-dedicated channel Fox Footy.[12] The show was named Most Outstanding Program at the Australian Football Media Association Awards in 2012,[13] 2013[14] 2015[15] and 2016.[16]

In 2012, Whateley wrote a book about Australian thoroughbred racehorse Black Caviar, Black Caviar: The Horse of a Lifetime. Later that year, Whateley rejoined the Herald Sun as a columnist.

Whateley was the winner of the Australian Football Media Association's "Alf Brown Trophy", awarded to the most outstanding media performer, in 2015 and 2017.[17]

Whateley supports the Geelong Football Club.[18]

He first met his wife, Claire, when they were teenagers at their local church parish in the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Mulgrave. They have three children.[19]
After you.

Classic , radical for a must win game !

Fine mate , it’s not a must win game then , let’s experiment & have some fun & if we win we win if we lose it doesn’t matter as the serious stuff is coming from next week on & doesn’t matter re the top 4 as it’s not a must win game

Dimma said we're experimenting with the ruck, he "stressed" he's not set on this combo going into finals, so yes this is a last chance to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back