Game Day GDT: Melbourne vs Collingwood(H) MCG 13:45-Can we do it? Eh Maybe?!

fu** off Garry Lyon you phoney. Saying Melbourne have to make a decision on Kyle Dunkley in the off season.
Lyon is a flog. 10 marks for Dunkley. He’s a kid

You don't delist or make a call on a guy after HALF A SEASON! Garry pretends he likes Melbourne but he has nfi..

Lyon is a flog. Worst media personality out there. He’s the anti-Stynes.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
Winnipeg Jets
Let's be honest we brought May in to take that next step and win a flag. He was a right now player. Ok calling him a bust was probably too harsh but it's certainly shaping as one. I reckon Mahoney would swap him for Ben King if we had a choice now.
Right and there's 3 more years left in his deal for us to turn that round. 3 years is a * load of time to turn s**t around.

Sylvia Saint

May 20, 2004
Crusaders
Right and there's 3 more years left in his deal for us to turn that round. 3 years is a fu** load of time to turn s**t around.
I agree with that. But his injury/suspension history is there. All will be forgiven if we make finals / win a flag with May a key cog but that seems a mile off.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah no s**t, but when we have a half of football to play it might be worth actually ******* going in a bit harder when 3 goals down don’t you think?
They did go in hard. They swarmed the contest and Collingwood's midfield turned it into an uncontested game. The defenders put in a shitlosd of effort. The midfielders played like dumb campaigners who fall into the same positional mistakes as always. It's not an effort thing

Apr 18, 2005
I agree with that. But his injury/suspension history is there. All will be forgiven if we make finals / win a flag with May a key cog but that seems a mile off.
Not really, things can turn fast. Look at Brisbane. Make some smart calls in the off season and actually spend time identifying and working on our problems and we might surprise ourselves. May can play mate.

Apr 18, 2005
They did go in hard. They swarmed the contest and Collingwood's midfield turned it into an uncontested game. The defenders put in a s**tlosd of effort. The midfielders played like dumb campaigners who fall into the same positional mistakes as always. It's not an effort thing
Well midfielders doing the same old same old is what I’d call a lack of effort. Call it cerebral effort then FFS

Oct 13, 2015
Blackhawks, 76ers
Not really, things can turn fast. Look at Brisbane. Make some smart calls in the off season and actually spend time identifying and working on our problems and we might surprise ourselves. May can play mate.
If we aren't nearly as terrible, and May can play a full 22 games next year, he'll be AA. When he's actually played, he's been excellent.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
I dunno I've seen plenty of effort all year. Just been unrewarded with s**t house ball movement.
Yeah, movement’s been s**t. My thinking is we had a bunch of outs early in the year which lead to out of position players and losses then when the season became unwinnable effort and confidence dropped away. Its not that they haven’t tried all year, it’s been a confluence of injuries, poor skills (from VFL players) and a subsequent lack of faith in game plan.

Apr 18, 2005
Yeah, movement’s been s**t. My thinking is we had a bunch of outs early in the year which lead to out of position players and losses then when the season became unwinnable effort and confidence dropped away. Its not that they haven’t tried all year, it’s been a confluence of injuries, poor skills (from VFL players) and a subsequent lack of faith in game plan.
You don’t finish second last without lacking effort though. I mean come on, we haven’t worked very hard. Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney have plodded.