2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

29,568 at Adelaide Oval, weather has been atrocious throughout the week, port have been very unlucky this year with the weather. I count at least 5 of there home games have been rain affected.

Complete contrast to when Melbourne got at least 60,000 of their own supporters to the two MCG finals last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few people having a go at Richmond's crowd last Saturday Night, perhaps this puts it into perspective.
Yes and no. Both crowds were poor. However I will give today’s shocker some slack. The forecast all week was for between 4-10mm rain and this a day after only reaching 10c and storms. This morning’s heavy rain a reinforcement of the shocking day ahead. So I believe the terrible forecast lead into into today’s crowd meant it would be more greatly impacted by poor weather than last Saturday nights Tigers crowd.,

Complete contrast to when Melbourne got at least 60,000 of their own supporters to the two MCG finals last year.

I was at both and I doubt they had 60,000

One of those games was a ‘series game’ (against Geelong) and another was a game against a team with double its membership (therefore had access to tickets in the ticket window before general release)

Melbourne also has the lowest AFL reserve membership amongst the Victorian clubs.

Like the Dogs in 2016 the Demons had huge sentimental support but that can’t be mistaken for rusted on support otherwise their club membership would have boomed in the off season (most of the big clubs have 60,000 to 70,000 club members before round 1)

Hawthorn drew 75,000 against Port Adelaide to a PF in 2014 (and 70,000 against Adelaide in 2012 and 2015) but I doubt we had more than 45,000 actual supporters at any of those games

29,568 at Adelaide Oval, weather has been atrocious throughout the week, port have been very unlucky this year with the weather. I count at least 5 of there home games have been rain affected.
Think it's more to do with Port fans disenchanted with the last 5 years of performance.

Yes and no. Both crowds were poor. However I will give today’s shocker some slack. The forecast all week was for between 4-10mm rain and this a day after only reaching 10c and storms. This morning’s heavy rain a reinforcement of the shocking day ahead. So I believe the terrible forecast lead into into today’s crowd meant it would be more greatly impacted by poor weather than last Saturday nights Tigers crowd.,
I think both games would've been attended equally with the same circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back