Autopsy 47 point loss vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah but florent could take a dump out there and you would praise it as a perfect swirl :p

teams will let him get it more and focus on others imo

he doesnt hurt the opposition

I think you're way off here, and need to watch the first half again. Port had no answers for him. Couldn't tackle him or run with him, and he was finding his targets. He was miles ahead as our best on ground in a first half when we really should've been in front. And then finished out the game still trying to make things happen when half of the team had their hands on their hips.

He will never be able to win in some people's eyes (ie Mitchell fans)

Why Horse continues to use the zone when it's clear it's not working has gone on long enough.

I think you're way off here, and need to watch the first half again. Port had no answers for him. Couldn't tackle him or run with him, and he was finding his targets. He was miles ahead as our best on ground in a first half when we really should've been in front. And then finished out the game still trying to make things happen when half of the team had their hands on their hips.

He will never be able to win in some people's eyes (ie Mitchell fans)

He is a good player, I like him

just think he has a poor technique and i havent checked but from my shitty pub tv he seemed to turn it over every second kick

what were his stats like turnover wise

The depth of the list is poor given we don’t have a ruck or a ready made replacement for Buddy, McVeigh, Grundy.

We aren’t playing for anything where as Port have a shot at the 8.

Ryder destroyed us today it won’t be any easier next week against Gawn. Our midfield will look pedestrian against a dominant ruck. The defence then looks average with ball coming in all the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, we’re definitely missing a ruckman and an inside mid.

I agree with King, it feels like we’re waiting for the year to end so we can start fixing the list. Having said that H2F is right, it’s very possible to move up the ladder quickly once you make the right changes, the competition is more even than it’s ever been.

Yer we did but do you blame us? i admire after straight after winning the flag we identified a area we could improve.

no, worth the risk

now we build

it will take a few years thats all and a lot of those today arent going to make it imo

Yeah, we’re definitely missing a ruckman and an inside mid.

I agree with King, it feels like we’re waiting for the year to end so we can start fixing the list. Having said that H2F is right, it’s very possible to move up the ladder quickly once you make the right changes, the competition is more even than it’s ever been.

absolutely

just aggressive trading, be prepared to see someone people like and rate go, for the good of the list

parker has had a good year, this is a big learning curve for him as a leader used to finals, to lead this side into pointless games and keep going back to the well mentally

it must be draining, he is only human

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a good player, I like him

just think he has a poor technique and i havent checked but from my s**tty pub tv he seemed to turn it over every second kick

what were his stats like turnover wise

Second half he turned it over a lot, he was rushing (again, which Swans weren't)

I agree his kicking leaves a lot to be desired but today he looked to be making a conceited effort to take that extra half a second to slow down before the ball left his boot, and it showed. He was pulling off some ambitious kicks and he hit a lot of targets when it mattered.

- Blew it in the first half with botched skills. Had chances to get back into it as aswell but fluffed it with easy mistakes. Decision making and skill execution are the main things that should be being worked on over the summer. Not alot to play for so not surprised the damn wall ended up giving way.

- Florent was impressive first half, especially weaving through the traffic....but seriously needs to put alot of work into his kicking (not alone there).

- Allir didn't like playing as a true KPD on Dixon. I hope he (coaches) works on this because, if he could play Key Position at a decent level he could be a real point of difference Key defender with his rebounding traits......he's good as 3rd man in intercept marker, but so are lots of non-key position size players.

- Midfield. Kennedy not as bad as some suggest, should only be a 3rd mid/part time forward at this stage of his career but others haven't stepped up and too much is still being asked of him (should probably help himself and let the captaincy go next year so he can focus purely on his own game).
Don't know why a Mills/Dawson/Lloyd isn't at least being trialled there in these dead rubber games. Hewett just seems to have stalled for a while now, not sure if he's got the next level in him, will watch with interest next year. Biggest area to address in the off-season, a legit ruck would help big time to.

- One day Longmire might figure out a counter tactic for the lose opposition defender.

-Development is not always linear, a few players who have looked better in previous years have been down this year, a few will repsond next year (a few won't).

- Things won't be as bad as they seem, provided we make some smart calls over the next few months. List managers need to earn their money this October/November.
People massively overrate the standard of the competition as a whole, no list (bar GC), is that far away if they have a decent offseason draft/trade period, and are able to iron out some of the deficiencies over the summer. You only need a handful of top end players and a bunch of competent role players these days. The top sides these days aren't a lick on the top sides of even 4-5 years ago, which is good, I guess, for evenness of the comp, but shocking for the quality of football played throughout the comp.

- The fact that Port side is knocking on the door of the 8 reinforces point above. Also, they're throwing the thing Bulldogs 16 style and getting away with it too....umpiring standard is as laughable as the football standard atm.

Second half he turned it over a lot, he was rushing (again, which Swans weren't)

I agree his kicking leaves a lot to be desired but today he looked to be making a conceited effort to take that extra half a second to slow down before the ball left his boot, and it showed. He was pulling off some ambitious kicks and he hit a lot of targets when it mattered.

yeah the tools are there, he has a lot to work on, but a lot to work with

You can rise up the ladder very quickly as proven by a few teams the last 5 years the fact is you can with a few changes and personnel.

Look I like to stay positive but If You Think what You are watching at the moment is on course for that then I'm sorry You haven't got a clue. We have 6 or more players in that side that are ****ing horrible and have no part on an AFL Arena. Who's replacing them ?

Which kicks did he hit thst broke open the game or resulted in a goal?

Look I like to stay positive but If You Think what You are watching at the moment is on course for that then I'm sorry You haven't got a clue. We have 6 or more players in that side that are ****ing horrible and have no part on an AFL Arena. Who's replacing them ?

name names

who do you think is not afl standard

Parker was down, so what, he’s had a good year.

Really liked Clarke’s game. Not perfect, dumb 50, but his hands were clean and decision making was fast and the result was there were none of those terrible turnovers.

Rampe laboured all day, was a thankless job and unglamorous but he was probably our best.

We have a very young list and lots of injuries. We’ve all been terribly spoilt over the last two decades. The world isn’t ending just because we’re not making finals. We’ll be better next year and even better the year after that.

In the meantime, enjoy watching some young stars in their infancy and not having to worry about the result!

Should have played Knoll, should have played Knoll the last couple games, should have played Knoll to stem the tide at stoppages for the last couple games, should have played Knoll to give the midfield the hope of getting a tap in their favour to stem the tide at stoppages for the last few games.

Didnt like Bell playing so much forward particularly starting him there as he doesnt play there and never has at neafl and was never going to have an impact.

Menzel was good i thought, has much better fitness now than when he first came into the side, we were just setting him up for failure bringing him into the side before he could really cover the ground.

McCartin is a bit of a panic merchant in the backline with and wthout the ball.

Better to delist Fox and look for a younger fringe player to replace him than give him another year.

Should have played Pink he could have matched up on a few of the Port forwards and that would have given us another marking target in the forward line.

Still dont like Clarke his poor kicking, his poor handballing, his poor decision making, his lack of composure at times. If we improve next year and he keeps getting games he may well become the supporters biggest punching bag.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back