Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
So with this mess that is happening in 2019 (is it worse than 2018? I think it may be close!) I'm interested in what other members are doing for 2020

I won't be attending any games in 2020. It's quite obvious the club cares more about the $$$$ than the flags, so I want to hurt them where they care. I will also be letting them know exactly WHY they are not seeing my family's money for 2020

This year started terribly and then there was hope with under performing older players dropped, youngsters in and some wins on the board with a great (albeit slightly ugly) defensive game plan. Then for some reason, they have reverted back to what WASN'T working after shitting the bed post bye. Our team is practically the same to the one who froze at the GF. So is our footy department (although we did lose a couple of guns in their too) FFS

They have now managed to drop ROB who has been OUTSTANDING and putting up significantly better numbers than most other rucks at his age and one of our few highlights for 2019..... Every decision the footy department makes is just "bang your head against a wall" decision and I for one am sick of it. And obviously, I aint the only one. I've never seen the Crows supporters as united with what is going on. Even the nuffies on FB have had a gut full

So, how are you making a statement in 2020 financially to help facilitate change at the AFC?

As an AOFM and Gold Upgrade member if i drop my gold I cant get it back without dropping my aofm and buying a crows 11 game membership so wont be dropping anything. Just hoping some changes happen in the assistant coaches and Burton.

Keeping Mine the same, both Adelaide Oval and Crows Gold.
Grew up as a Centrals supporter we don't run and hide when the going gets rough. Makes the winning even more appreciated.
I can appreciate that if it was simply not having the right players, or we were promoting youth. The off field arrogance (led by Burton) is why people are pissed.

Keeping Mine the same, both Adelaide Oval and Crows Gold.
Grew up as a Centrals supporter we don't run and hide when the going gets rough. Makes the winning even more appreciated.

I wouldn't care if we were last if there was a clear plan as to when the club planned having their next flag I.e. "We're going to get 50 games into players x,y,z in 2019 and 2020, whilst recruiting/drafting players a,b,c with these needs in mind and getting a season under their belt. We may lose a few more games than usual across these seasons, but believe they are the players to help us to the flag"

I'll quote King Elvis as he has it spot on as to where we are right now

"There is no plan.

The AFC do not have a defined goal of winning a Flag in a specified period of time - this is reflective of that.

There appears to be massive disconnects at every level within the Club. We recruit Gibbs - don't play him. We specifically target speedy players - we refuse to play them; and instead play even SLOWER players.

There is no plan and no system in our approach.

There is no plan to develop or improve the list and players, there is no willingness to take one step backwards to take two steps forward.

Is it week to week thinking, devoid of any strategic intent"

I don't run when the going gets tough either. But when you see the same old same old (literally) being dragged out week in week out and expecting a different result, then thats the definition of insanity. And i won't stand by and allow it to happen without some ramifications for where they feel it

But again, no judgement on you to keep it as is :) I am just stating WHY the club won't be getting money from my family next year

I can appreciate that if it was simply not having the right players, or we were promoting youth. The off field arrogance (led by Burton) is why people are pi**ed.
Seen and lived thru worse, and to honest, these days I don't have the inclination to wallow in self-pity or read it. Have enough problems of my own.
Sport is my escape, That is my weekends are filled with watching AFL, SANFL and the Local comps and even the AFL and SANFL become harder to find a lift to the game.
But importantly, If I am willing take the Good and wallow in it. then I must be prepared to cope with the bad.
Change comes from within, not from hiding or running away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping membership the same for 2020. Member since 1994. However, if this mid season trade goes ahead and is as bad as I think it will be....also umpiring. I'll be giving up my membership and heading back to the SANFL.

What I found interesting was looking at the figures the other day and seeing that numbers had only dropped off slightly (less than a thousand) from 2018 to 2019. Did I read that correctly?

If that’s accurate you’d have to assert that AFC members are the most stunningly loyal of any fans in the game.

That media conference with Pyke and Burton last year was the most incredibly disastrous PR spectacle almost in the history of the AFL. Everything the club did from a PR perspective last year, up to and including that horrific media conference, was wrong. It was a how-to manual on everything you could * up while dealing with a potential brand disintegration.

So they ****ed up twice. Once, with the camp. Two, with the handling of the fallout. Two colossal *-ups that derailed an entire season of football.

And yet, they’ve paid no price. Not a single person involved paid a price. Nothing. Zero. Including from a membership perspective.

Is it any wonder they continue on thinking their s**t doesn’t stink?

I wrote to them this week to request that i be taken off any auto renewal list. They couldn't find my membership details. Elite standards.

I won't give them another dollar until I see genuine change. If there are 10 people to replace me so be it. I feel sorry for them.

As an AOFM and Gold Upgrade member if i drop my gold I cant get it back without dropping my aofm and buying a crows 11 game membership so wont be dropping anything. Just hoping some changes happen in the assistant coaches and Burton.

I'm the same, but I'm dropping the gold and have changed the team supported to Port in my membership profile. Not sure whether I'll keep the AO membership yet. Looks like they're not fully subscribed, so probably won't. If we were looking like making a GF, I'd just rely on buying an AFL package around the July mark and then hope to sell or just go for the vibe if we don't make it.

As supporters it feels like we are doing this wrong.

Change comes from people forcing it.

As i said elsewhere, shouldn't we all commit to being voting members and then attend the AGM with a single message?

Problem is what can we vote on?
Can’t force a board spill, can only occasionally vote on a ‘members representative’ board member who doesn’t seem to do much representing...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, we’re done, decision made.

From now on we will just pick 3-4 games a year and use SACA membership to go in Gill Langley Room or Committee Room.

What I found interesting was looking at the figures the other day and seeing that numbers had only dropped off slightly (less than a thousand) from 2018 to 2019. Did I read that correctly?

If that’s accurate you’d have to assert that AFC members are the most stunningly loyal of any fans in the game.

That media conference with Pyke and Burton last year was the most incredibly disastrous PR spectacle almost in the history of the AFL. Everything the club did from a PR perspective last year, up to and including that horrific media conference, was wrong. It was a how-to manual on everything you could fu** up while dealing with a potential brand disintegration.

So they f’ed up twice. Once, with the camp. Two, with the handling of the fallout. Two colossal fu**-ups that derailed an entire season of football.

And yet, they’ve paid no price. Not a single person involved paid a price. Nothing. Zero. Including from a membership perspective.

Is it any wonder they continue on thinking their s**t doesn’t stink?

There is no doubt they think their s**t don't stink, in fact I reckon they fry it up each morning with a couple of eggs and have it for breakfast.

Downgrading from Gold. Gold only guaranteed a seat at the GF. That isnt happening next year.

I also wont be planning my life/free time around attendance . If there is a function or event to attend then the AFC and AO miss out on my attendance. Sure its not much but I do love my pies and chips

I will continue not being a member until I believe the club is on the right track.

If we genuinely begin a rebuild next season I will consider signing up again for season 2021, even if we finish bottom 4
Good move.

As for me, I'll sign up. I love going to footy despite the club treating us poorly, it's some of the only time I get to spent with my old man.

Fully respect the people who choose to downgrade or get rid of their financial support.

This club needs a shake up, absolutely no question.

Good move.

As for me, I'll sign up. I love going to footy despite the club treating us poorly, it's some of the only time I get to spent with my old man.

Fully respect the people who choose to downgrade or get rid of their financial support.

This club needs a shake up, absolutely no question.

I won't renew my 4 x Gold membership. Depending on what changes, if any are made will be a deciding factor on if I keep any memberships at all.

Have not enjoy one game of footy this year and I have constantly questioned why I bother coming out to watch the rubbish served up.

One mate of mine wont be renewing
Bloke that sits behind me said they are likely to not renew their 2 memberships.
Another mate I saw today said he wont be renewing either.

Back