Autopsy 47 point loss vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Look I like to stay positive but If You Think what You are watching at the moment is on course for that then I'm sorry You haven't got a clue. We have 6 or more players in that side that are ****ing horrible and have no part on an AFL Arena. Who's replacing them ?

Im not just saying random stuff to stay positive, natural improvement within the team can and does happen mix that along with some trades to cover list deficiency and along with some injury luck and you can have a good season.

We imo have a great core of players to build around you dont need superstars on every level just competent level.

blakey shows something every week, its been a real highlight

Love that we're already seeing glimpses of what he can do up the ground.

I also love that Rowbottom is now trying the things in the senior team that he did in his U18s and in the NEAFL, his little side-steps, candy-selling and fend-offs.

They both look like such natural footballers, just gotta get them in the gym!

Our trade record has been mediocre for the entire decade.

2009 was the last time we got real players in.

Since then, what? Armstrong, Everitt, Clarke, Thurlow, Morton, Sinclair and Talia? Trading out Mitchell, Membrey, Nankervis, Jetta, Hannebery and Rohan.

Some of the outs are whatever, Jetta was homesick and Hannebery was supposedly done. But Mitch Morton's 1 game saves that ins list from being nothing but whiffs.

Another problem is what we got back from those trades makes for very gnarly reading when you add Mumford.

Listening to the presser it is amusing how scared the journos sound when they ask a question. They don’t ask anything of substance, asking about where we can get better, one of them could at least have the kahunas to ask Horse where he can improve in 2020.

Last edited:
Listening to the presser it is amusing how scared the journos sound when they ask a question. They don’t ask anything of substance, asking about where we can get better, one of them could at least have the kahunas to ask Horse where we can improve in 2020.

This is why I have not listened to a Horse presser for months. He rarely has anything of interest to say and the 'journos' are simply deferential.

Look I like to stay positive but If You Think what You are watching at the moment is on course for that then I'm sorry You haven't got a clue. We have 6 or more players in that side that are ****ing horrible and have no part on an AFL Arena. Who's replacing them ?
I disagree with 6 players comment but I DO agree that our list is ****ed due to lack of depth. These kids are alright, they’re just not ready. A lot of these kids had to play from Day 1 when in reality, they weren’t good enough at the time to do so. Long term, they’ll be good (hopefully) but it’s really impacting us now, without a doubt!

The best delisting we could make right now is Beatson in my opinion. I’m just not sure he has/had the foresight to look at every position on the list rather than ‘best available’.

He is a good player, I like him

just think he has a poor technique and i havent checked but from my s**tty pub tv he seemed to turn it over every second kick

what were his stats like turnover wise

IIRC he had 21 touches with 7 turnovers in 1st half, 8 touches with 3 turnovers 2nd half.

Im not just saying random stuff to stay positive, natural improvement within the team can and does happen mix that along with some trades to cover list deficiency and along with some injury luck and you can have a good season.

We imo have a great core of players to build around you dont need superstars on every level just competent level.
Yeah... this is my line of thinking pretty much.

If there were no injuries

Out: Bell, Fox, McLean, Clarke, Ronke
In: Franklin, Sinclair, Hayward, Cunningham, O'Riordan

Do those changes make much of a difference? Does Buddy alone win us more games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there were no injuries

Out: Bell, Fox, McLean, Clarke, Ronke
In: Franklin, Sinclair, Hayward, Cunningham, O'Riordan

Do those changes make much of a difference? Does Buddy alone win us more games?

Naismith would play

the club presumed jack smith grundy mcveigh and buddy i guess had more fuel in the tank

hopefully learnt from this cut smith and jack

Naismith would play

the club presumed jack smith grundy mcveigh and buddy i guess had more fuel in the tank

The same club that broke a 26/27 year old in the prime of his career? Thought that those blokes would have more fuel in the tank?

Hahahahahahawelp.

Naismith would play

Put it in perspective the glue of the backline since 2012 all gone in one season almost 800 games experience gone.

interrupted watching, but nothing unexpected

the list is poor

hanging on to smith would be more poor management

theres too many ordinary players getting games,but we knew this

people expecting a quick rise are in for a shock

parker is not a number 1 mid

but look if we somehow won it wouldnt mean much, the Loss doesnt mean much, we are just waiting for the year to end and fix the list as much as we can
Your last bit nailed it.
We had nothing to fight hard for today & even the biased radio commentary I had to listen to in the second half was cheering tgem on until that last goal got them in the 8.
What ever little hope we had was snuffed out early with a 6 straight behinds 2nd quarter. We just can't afford that.

Put it in perspective the glue of the backline since 2012 all gone in one season almost 800 games experience gone.

Oddly enough the backline has not been the big problem (even allowing for Melican being a bust).

There was a point in the 3rd quarter (i think) where Reid had the ball about 65 out and Lloyd was carrying on like a d***head 10 metres away, waving his arms around and demanding the ball, so reid kicked it to him. He was immediately under pressure and coughed up the ball.

I have some sympathy for Reid in the play given the way Lloyd was demanding the ball. If Lloyd finishes top 3 in the B&F, I am going to write a letter ...

As people point out there is no umpire conspiracy (I find myself believing there is) but if there isn't then we seriously need to address why we keep ending up on the negative ledger. If it's a technique or discipline issue then it needs to be addressed not left up to the players to sort out. I believe they analyse and give feedback/instructions but it ain't getting through to them. Specifically target someone with a good eye for the current standard and instruct. I'd be all for Rampe taking a session or two and giving a masterclass on when to outbody your opponent or nudge because from what I've seen our timing is very poor with that. How about turn them in a tackle and for goodness sake lift the arms when about to be tackled as we get pinged immediately and need to change that.

I disagree. I don't think Parker is in the top 30 midfielders in the league, maybe not even top 40.

I personally think it would be better to move Parker forward, give him Heeney's role since Parker is a very good mark, and move Heeney into the midfield.

He was 7th rated midfielder in the AFL thus far in the season after last week. All that without having any idea where a tap out is going due to being the worst tap to advantage team in the league.

A quality ruckman solves plenty. An in form Melican solves more because it frees up other players to slide to other roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back