Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. He’s had plenty of injuries but so have plenty of other clubs. They peaked in 2016 & have been regressing ever since.

They should get Lyon, he'd whip them into line. To much glamour not enough grit.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
If GWS don’t win a flag in the next 2 years their window will shut imo. Cogs will leave. Whitfield probably leave next year. Cameron & that generation will be 28-29 & getting on. A lot will depend on Kelly, Taranto & Hopper.

If GWS don’t win a flag in the next 2 years their window will shut imo. Cogs will leave. Whitfield probably leave next year. Cameron & that generation will be 28-29 & getting on. A lot will depend on Kelly, Taranto & Hopper.

They have so much in reserve though. Hopper and Taranto move in to the hole left by Shiel and Dev Smith etc. They get two firsts for every kid they lose and get kids like Green for jack from the academy.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
They have so much in reserve though. Hopper and Taranto move in to the hole left by Shiel and Dev Smith etc. They get two firsts for every kid they lose and get kids like Green for jack from the academy.

They don’t want to lose too much experience though otherwise they’ll end up like the GC. If Cogs leaves this year, Whitfield next year & even Kelly has some get out clause - they could be stuffed. Giants really struggling without Kelly & Cogs right now. Too much left to Taranto.

They don’t want to lose too much experience though otherwise they’ll end up like the GC. If Cogs leaves this year, Whitfield next year & even Kelly has some get out clause - they could be stuffed. Giants really struggling without Kelly & Cogs right now. Too much left to Taranto.

Still a step back for a minute but step forward again.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Was just thinking GWS not winning a flag with this bloke

Cameron ain't up to it. Been saying it for two years. If you can't win one with that list, you're a certifiable dud. Tonight's effort was a complete disgrace and a reflection of the coach's ability.

Like Bolton, a good assistant at the 'orks, but way short of what is required at the top level. First mistake the Giants made? Putting the senile has been Sheedy in charge. Compounded it by putting someone clearly not up to it in Chauncey Gardener's place.

A waste of AFL funds. Thanks, Vlad. Your wet dream of expansion cost the rest of the clubs a chance to build in an even competitive environment.

The Gold Coast and Giants experiment has failed. The Giants won't win it this year or any time in the next decade. The window has slammed shut. As for GCS, they will be lucky to survive, let alone win a flag.

Cameron ain't up to it. Been saying it for two years. If you can't win one with that list, you're a certifiable dud. Tonight's effort was a complete disgrace and a reflection of the coach's ability.

Like Bolton, a good assistant at the 'orks, but way short of what is required at the top level. First mistake the Giants made? Putting the senile has been Sheedy in charge. Compounded it by putting someone clearly not up to it in Chauncey Gardener's place.

A waste of AFL funds. Thanks, Vlad. Your wet dream of expansion cost the rest of the clubs a chance to build in an even competitive environment.

The Gold Coast and Giants experiment has failed. The Giants won't win it this year or any time in the next decade. The window has slammed shut. As for GCS, they will be lucky to survive, let alone win a flag.

While I agree with the feeling on Cameron (for the most part) I would argue that that this year has seen the comp as even as it's ever been. It really feels like anyone can beat anyone.

I also think the Giants will do ok even with a slide. They will still outperform NRL teams and that's all they need to do to be a 'success'. GC are on a hiding to nowhere though. Already turned into a feeder club for other teams.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
While I agree with the feeling on Cameron (for the most part) I would argue that that this year has seen the comp as even as it's ever been. It really feels like anyone can beat anyone.

I also think the Giants will do ok even with a slide. They will still outperform NRL teams and that's all they need to do to be a 'success'. GC are on a hiding to nowhere though. Already turned into a feeder club for other teams.
Exactly and whilst more money is spent on the 2 sides than any other side the extra game probably helps us more than most sides because for all the whinging with the money they get we should be the last side to complain as we clearly get the next most.

It appears to be another case of the "obvious happening" just not eventuating.

3-4 maybe 5 years ago all the media and many on here were forecasting GWS to be racking up cup after cup with the list they had.

Their list looked extremely ominous and it was a huge worry.

HQ had created this "Frankenstein" which would tear the comp apart.

For all sorts of reasons....it hasn't happened and possibly won't happen.

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes

I think with the Suns is to get them of the glitter strip and relocate them to Cairns, only way I can see them improving.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Their model of continually trading experience for early draft picks is catching up to them. Plus they have overpaid a few.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Exactly and whilst more money is spent on the 2 sides than any other side the extra game probably helps us more than most sides because for all the whinging with the money they get we should be the last side to complain as we clearly get the next most.

No doubt, pluggs, the Death Star will do everything to keep its bastard children alive. Much like the swines. Neither will be relocated, merged or folded.

Just as we were forced to endure 5 premierships between Brisbane and the swines, flags that were, in the main, obtained through unfair assistance from the league I get the feeling that Gill the dill, and whoever succeeds him, will move heaven and earth to ensure the dream is fulfilled.

I wonder how long it will be before we see the COLA introduced for both entities, as well as further PPs and Academy gifts? I would be happy to enter an agreement with HQ that ensured we were given exactly the same conditions, going forward, that they do.

Speaking of the Suns; Does anyone think we will ever get the real story about why they let Jarryd Lyons go.

******* bizzare list management call on him. Had to be something seriously wrong with his relationship with someone high up at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back