Review Round 21, 2019 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we want Bulldogs or Essendon to lose? Considering both teams have s**t percentages.
Essendon lose, we can make 7th and need to win all our games anyway.

Rozee gives me a boner
> Rozee is going to be something special (if you haven’t heard that already)

Described by one Swans supporter as “sh1t Chad” after his kick in the backlines was smothered early in the second quarter.

Yeah mate, you know a bit about footy.

A positive for me is we have so much upside.

We have been better but I think we are only about 60% of what this team can do.

The competition is that even that for me now it is all about if they want it and how much.

Great effort today , strong willed performance. Boaky was quiet , same with Rocky , Robbie a little quiet to and Westy , Hartlett . Duursma
Luckily Ollie , SPP , Amon , Marshall , Rozee , DBJ , Ladhams , Clurey , Houston , Broady , Ryder , Jonas ,Dixon , picked up the slack and had solid games .
Sutcliffe had few disposals but at least made them count , that being said I’d still replace him unless his experience is needed , I feel Atley , Drew , even Woodcock could do what he is and be more beneficial to the cause.
Marshall was very good and not far off making a big impact .
Dixon looked a bit more like his old self , having Marshall there helps free him up a little bit too . Sammy Gray was ineffective when it would’ve seemed like a good day for him .
Rozee was pretty much the classiest player o the field and is an inspiring prospect , when he gets more strength and power just WOW.
Clurey was great , his positioning, marking and disposal were top shelf .
Darcy’s rebound was important, wasn’t a fan of a Bonner today , I don’t like him being the one who attacks the loose ground balls, he rarely gets through tackles.
Amon was good and as long as he doesn’t drop off is best 22 now and could be a gun if he improves further .
Broady was good , I like players who make me feel safe when they’re in the play and he’s still doing that so good on him .
Basically all played pretty well and I’m happy .

What an enjoyable game! Great to watch free-flowing skilful footy on a wet, cold day. Great tackling and aggression too. DBJ my fave. At the game I even dared to contemplate a positive end to the season - I've calmed down now. Regardless, the future is looking very bright.
Crowd was apparently 29,000+ but I reckon it was around 24,000. Suitably cheery & noisy though (apart from the teacher behind me constantly rabbiting on about her work).

Refreshing to be in a position of finding it hard to find fewer weaknesses in side.

Without getting ahead of ourselves it good to see our depth being at our strongest at the business end of the year.

Bonner and S Gray are weaknesses, Broadbent and Sutcliffe probably next in line but have stepped up in the last two weeks.

Lycett and Frampton will need to play very well in the magoos to crack the team in coming weeks as our current talls are starting to click.

Butters may need to come back through Magpies next week and I think an in form Motlop has more upside than S Gray in our forward line.

Wouldn’t have a clue on the the comebacks of Burton, Watts and Ebert. Difficulty also with SANFL restrictions/finals.

Finally we have some selection headaches than headaches at selection.

What I liked about today was the young guys were generally our best players and executed better than the older guys. What I worry about are the foot skills of the older guys in general and especially entering the F50. This will be our undoing if we make finals as I don't think they have consecutive games of good foot skills in them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've lost to a flagging GWS, beaten a prostrate and comatose Essendon and the Swans that have lost 5(6?) on the trot, all of this comes after a nightmarish performance against Brisbane.

We've learned absolutely nothing other than we look more exciting with more talls. Our form over the last two weeks is a complete lie.

We've lost to a flagging GWS, beaten a prostrate and comatose Essendon and the Swans that have lost 5(6?) on the trot, all of this comes after a nightmarish performance against Brisbane.

We've learned absolutely nothing other than we look more exciting with more talls. Our form over the last two weeks is a complete lie.
Bullshit

I understand how Bonner got a negative game rating but not sure how Boak got one. he had 3 clangers, 1 was a free kick against him.

At half time Boak had 10 disposals and Robbie only had 8. Can't remember the last time we were 3 or 4 goals up at half time and the better side, probably should have been 5 up and these 2 players had such little impact on our position. Good signs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back