Review Round 21, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to have a game where you can put the feet up and not stress too much about the result. Would have loved a three-figure win but with the amount of times we've seen teams who are up by plenty at 3QT take the foot off and let the opposition significantly reduce the final margin I'm happy with winning the final term.

Zorko fantastic, Berry and Adams are quietly building into some excellent form at the right time too.

8 in a row second best % in the league currently on top thought I'd throw in the positives before all the negative drips start with the comments GO LIONNNS

Very solid game from most.

I thought Witherden had a very good game.

Definitely took it easy in the last. I would’ve thought we’d try to slow down the game in the last but we didn’t really run hard enough.

The form of some of our guys who haven’t been too consistent this season right now would worry the other top teams.

Great game!

Adams is coming along nicely. Hes a big boy isn't he :O Reads the ball nicely!
Charles was very nice. Good to see his set shot from in front looking better.
McStay I thought competed really well up the ground and took his chances for his goal, really nice.
Zorko looked good up as a forward. Didn't notice any overt signs of his injury
The Big O really does have nice hands down low sometimes.
Berry is reaching his peak for the year. Wonderful timing!

McCarthy seems a bit down again, but I liked his game today better than last week. Was in some nice plays.

We got the percentage up nicely, but I also think played a sustainable game where we didn't kill ourselves with the next two weeks in my mind. Percentage is nice, but if it takes away from our ability to get the points its useless!

On to the Cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voting:

Andrew Hamilton (Courier Mail journalist)
3 votes: Charlie Cameron
2 votes: Dayne Zorko
1 vote: Jarryd Lyons

Michael Whiting (AFL.com.au reporter)
1 vote: Jarryd Lyons

Andrew Stafford (Fairfax journalist)
1 vote: Mitch Robinson

Nothing pisses me off more than the coverage just practically ending after the final siren and not getting any post-game interviews, presentation of the medal or song.

Yep, absolutely disgraceful. And another reason why the AFL need to scrap the Saturday twilight game or give people the chance to watch the post-game whether it be through Fox's twitter or the AFL website. Terrible coverage.

Back