Autopsy 47 point loss vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Your last bit nailed it.
We had nothing to fight hard for today & even the biased radio commentary I had to listen to in the second half was cheering tgem on until that last goal got them in the 8.
What ever little hope we had was snuffed out early with a 6 straight behinds 2nd quarter. We just can't afford that.
Must have been listening to the same radio station!!
Fewer free to air TV games is the reason why I haven't voted in the POTY lately.

Another tale of the Nearly Men mostly.
Nearly won a quarter.
Nearly hit a target.
Nearly had some slob tall enough to ruck.
Nearly won a free kick.

Yeah agree

Just he got it a lot

Plus marking him hard as he can play
Again I was really disappointed too after today mate. We lost by 47 points.
Before tge first bounce I had us losing by 40 plus points because of the reasons that ended up coming to fruition yet I stupidly am disappointed. Go figure.
The year is just going to fizz out & it's a credit to Ollie that he won so much of the ball but perhaps it was just Parker's turn to have a stinker today, just like Danger & Fyfe & Shuey have every so often.
I just want the season to end, get rid of who doesn't want to be there, retire who needs to retire & look after anyone who has stayed loyal.

absolutely

just aggressive trading, be prepared to see someone people like and rate go, for the good of the list
Jones.
We'll get something & can move on now vecause he'll just do this again in two years if we signed him. Move on. Paps too if he wants to go.
Get some picks & bring in fresh talent.

We are 3rd bottom for a reason.

We have Hewett and Rowbottom coming up as inside mids but we need a couple of new good young mids to come in.

The club has over-rated Parker and Reid who are both on big $$$ but arent good enough consistently.
Again Parker is rated 7th best midfielder in the comp this season.
Bad day today though.

I wouldn’t tag him at the moment

At half-time Port would've been nervous hoping they did tag him, luckily for them he tired. He kept us in it.

GWS probably thought the same last week when they just scraped over the line against us.

Our best midfielder both weeks.

Remember the Melbourne game when he was clear BOG in the first half when we played our best half of the year up to that point? Or the West Coast game before the bye where he was one of our best and West Coast couldn't keep up with him?

I'm noticing a pattern here. When he's up and about, the team seems to be all the better for it. Granted we haven't seen as much of that as I would've liked this year as he's been very up and down but to suggest he's not a dangerous player is crap. Anyone with his pace and agility in congestion who can provide run and carry is dangerous.

Also I really don't like how defensively minded Longmire is with Hewett. Instead of giving Hewett an attacking role he sticks to giving Hewett an ultra-defensive one, robbing us of a potential way of doing better in the midfield.

If there were no injuries

Out: Bell, Fox, McLean, Clarke, Ronke
In: Franklin, Sinclair, Hayward, Cunningham, O'Riordan

Do those changes make much of a difference? Does Buddy alone win us more games?
Naismith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At half-time Port would've been nervous hoping they did tag him, luckily for them he tired. He kept us in it.

GWS probably thought the same last week when they just scraped over the line against us.

Our best midfielder both weeks.

Remember the Melbourne game when he was clear BOG in the first half when we played our best half of the year up to that point? Or the West Coast game before the bye where he was one of our best and West Coast couldn't keep up with him?

I'm noticing a pattern here. When he's up and about, the team seems to be all the better for it. Granted we haven't seen as much of that as I would've liked this year as he's been very up and down but to suggest he's not a dangerous player is crap. Anyone with his pace and agility in congestion who can provide run and carry is dangerous.

best is subjective

I don’t know about the Crayfish. I’d have to wait and see what his form is like when fully fit.
We just need a ruckman ticky, a real one

Just ask him for the milk back before posting about him.

he was good but neither week listed as our best in any match reports didnt win any of the games either :p

he does give us a good pace and evasion skills we lack elsewhere

So Horse confirmed Franklin and Macca not playing next week in his presser.
Might get a final hurrah for Macca against the Saints with Hanners.

im nervous re buddy

rush him back for a nothing game and does an injury

he was good but neither week listed as our best in any match reports didnt win any of the games either :p

he does give us a good pace and evasion skills we lack elsewhere

Cause he had no help!

And why would match reports say he was in our best? They just type 'enter format' and Kennedy, Parker, Rampe, Heeney, Lloyd come out as best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back