News Assistant Coach Discussion - Leigh Adams joining?

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Blake seems to have been made a Godfather offer and everyone at Richmond seems to have accepted it. It's annoying but everyone moves on. What seems to have been overlooked is that Blake has also taken a big risk in moving from a top four Club into a developing one. Leppa took his chance, albeit as head coach, and returned. There's no reason why Blake can't if it doesn't work out for him. I love what we are now doing in not burning bridges but offering our personnel chances to develop. Watch me melt though if Dimma gets poached.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Blake seems to have been made a Godfather offer and everyone at Richmond seems to have accepted it. It's annoying but everyone moves on. What seems to have been overlooked is that Blake has also taken a big risk in moving from a top four Club into a developing one. Leppa took his chance, albeit as head coach, and returned. There's no reason why Blake can't if it doesn't work out for him. I love what we are now doing in not burning bridges but offering our personnel chances to develop. Watch me melt though if Dimma gets poached.
Well by not paying asst coaches a kings ransom it allows us to pay our senior coach what he’s worth .youd expect an extension likely next year

so we could throw more money at Blake, or you know, we could just replay tonight's game to him in full, on Monday morning.
Blake could be the senior coach at Essendon in 6 weeks.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
I’m not sure I like that self effacing post , can you re word it
No need, for them every yr is hyped up to the max in the media only to deliver the same disappointment as every other yr, no Finals wins in 15 yrs after this yr & they are the laughing stock of the comp, see the link?

Blake could be the senior coach at Essendon in 6 weeks.

Essendon will want it sooner, they only have two more games..................

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Not before me!!! ;) :rolleyes::D

That thought alone should motivate him to seek therapy now. Best of luck managing Essendon's forward structures when you can't get any of the ball.

They had half the number of inside 50's as the Bulldogs yet had nothing like half the score. They might be better at tiddly-winks

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We’re last in clearance numbers.

When you say last in clearance numbers, do you mean in clearances won or the much more important clearance differential? And how does this compare with last year before Kingsley came? And remember, our starting midfield didn't miss many matches last year, whereas this year our midfield has been mostly missing key players. For a few matches it was devastated by absences.

When you say last in clearance numbers, do you mean in clearances won or the much more important clearance differential? And how does this compare with last year before Kingsley came? And remember, our starting midfield didn't miss many matches last year, whereas this year our midfield has been mostly missing key players. For a few matches it was devastated by absences.

Agree, given our personnel challenges, i would be more interested in the trend than the overall figure.

Just last in clearances.

I’ll give Kingsley some slack with the injuries we’ve had. It also appears that we don’t value clearances as we’re mostly a turn over team.

Problem will be when we play good clearance teams like the lions. if we don’t match them and they’re getting quick and clean ball into the forwards we’re in trouble. We can’t afford to be a one trick pony.

Just last in clearances.

I’ll give Kingsley some slack with the injuries we’ve had. It also appears that we don’t value clearances as we’re mostly a turn over team.

Problem will be when we play good clearance teams like the lions. if we don’t match them and they’re getting quick and clean ball into the forwards we’re in trouble. We can’t afford to be a one trick pony.

Which is why the rucking choice is actually a bit of dilemma. Iirc we have improved clearance numbers with Soldo haven't we?

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Just last in clearances.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Which is why the rucking choice is actually a bit of dilemma. Iirc we have improved clearance numbers with Soldo haven't we?
I reckon we looked to be better in the cbd, was surprised at chol in front of him as his strength is around ground and i50 same as nank neither are great at ruck work , perplexed why you’d partner them but what would I know

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
People listening to Griggs during the CH7 telecast would’ve been impressed with his account and knowledge of the game and players from both teams.
I think he could walk straight into an assistant coach role as he’s basically been doing it for a season. He’s a genuine and special club man which I’d underestimated pre 2017 and should be a must keep at the club.

Last edited:
Back