Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I won't renew my 4 x Gold membership. Depending on what changes, if any are made will be a deciding factor on if I keep any memberships at all.

Have not enjoy one game of footy this year and I have constantly questioned why I bother coming out to watch the rubbish served up.

One mate of mine wont be renewing
Bloke that sits behind me said they are likely to not renew their 2 memberships.
Another mate I saw today said he wont be renewing either.
I've generally enjoyed first halves lol.

I must admit I haven't enjoyed much this year. Coaching the girls and seeing them.want to improve and put in every week has made watching the Crows even harder.

If they can find a way to muster up effort on boggy country ovals then these millionaires should be able to. And that's just the onfield stuff.

Off-field is even more of a disaster..... but the books balance so it won't change.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Problem is what can we vote on?
Can’t force a board spill, can only occasionally vote on a ‘members representative’ board member who doesn’t seem to do much representing...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's about making noise, imagine the news if 30 members rock up asking coherent and valid questions.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No, we’re done, decision made.

From now on we will just pick 3-4 games a year and use SACA membership to go in Gill Langley Room or Committee Room.
What's the SACA membership worth ??

Mind you they're not exactly an organisation I want to give my money too either.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This.

If the club doesn't care about doing all possible to make the GF, then neither do I. The past two seasons have scarred me.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, I've spent thousands supporting this club and was happy to do so but now it's absolutely obvious they just want want want and in return think we are stupid enough to be happy just to have competitive years (appease sponsors and bandwagon fans) without being professional or ruthless enough to make calls to win flags.
We want premierships not celebrating 200 game players that should've been clipped yrs ago.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just couldn't go back.

Even with Netflix and Optus Sport for EPL
Was joking. I couldn't go without foxtel. Netflix is integrated with foxtel now. Smart move. Watching Stranger Things season 3 currently. Bloody addictive. Afl needs to improve their game if they want to compete into the future.

Last edited:

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Will downgrade from gold. Still maintain my 11 games but will prioritise work over attending football if both collide. This year i missed the fremantle match with work, considering how that match was played i didn't regret it one bit.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I found interesting was looking at the figures the other day and seeing that numbers had only dropped off slightly (less than a thousand) from 2018 to 2019. Did I read that correctly?

If that’s accurate you’d have to assert that AFC members are the most stunningly loyal of any fans in the game.

That media conference with Pyke and Burton last year was the most incredibly disastrous PR spectacle almost in the history of the AFL. Everything the club did from a PR perspective last year, up to and including that horrific media conference, was wrong. It was a how-to manual on everything you could fu** up while dealing with a potential brand disintegration.

So they f’ed up twice. Once, with the camp. Two, with the handling of the fallout. Two colossal fu**-ups that derailed an entire season of football.

And yet, they’ve paid no price. Not a single person involved paid a price. Nothing. Zero. Including from a membership perspective.

Is it any wonder they continue on thinking their s**t doesn’t stink?

I think those issues and a soft draw gave us all a fair bit of hope. Turns out we should have listened to the Carlton supporters who banged on about how we weren’t going to be as good as we thought that we’d be. If the drop off from this year to next is the same, I’ll agree with you. But my gut feel is that this year, being crap with no camp and no massive injury list, combined with fielding our oldest side, whilst being absolutely average in every manner, will be where a hit will be experienced.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wrote to them this week to request that i be taken off any auto renewal list. They couldn't find my membership details. Elite standards.

I won't give them another dollar until I see genuine change. If there are 10 people to replace me so be it. I feel sorry for them.

I don’t want to give them another dollar, but I don’t think I’ll be able to cancel our Women’s memberships. They don’t deserve that.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Downgrading from Gold. Gold only guaranteed a seat at the GF. That isnt happening next year.

I also wont be planning my life/free time around attendance . If there is a function or event to attend then the AFC and AO miss out on my attendance. Sure its not much but I do love my pies and chips

I s**t you not, the missus and I had that for dinner last night. Party Balfours pies and chips, cooked in our air fryers, eaten in bed while watching Veronica Mars. What a night, much better than getting plastered at the golf club and blowing $150 like I used to do week in and week out.

Veronica Mars, she’s sassy!!!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good move.

As for me, I'll sign up. I love going to footy despite the club treating us poorly, it's some of the only time I get to spent with my old man.

Fully respect the people who choose to downgrade or get rid of their financial support.

This club needs a shake up, absolutely no question.

If you want, I’ll keep my AO membership, aligned to Port and I’ll send all the Crow’s tickets through to you for whatever the basic 11 game memberships costs. You can have the Port games thrown in.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If you want, I’ll keep my AO membership, aligned to Port and I’ll send all the Crow’s tickets through to you for whatever the basic 11 game memberships costs. You can have the Port games thrown in.
Not a bad idea, how long do I have to think about it ??

The only issue is having different seats to the old man.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Will downgrade from gold. Still maintain my 11 games but will prioritise work over attending football if both collide. This year i missed the fremantle match with work, considering how that match was played i didn't regret it one bit.
Believe it or not, that was 1 game I did actually enjoy. I don't know if I could watch games like that every week though

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dropping gold.

Whether I keep my ticket depends on off field changes.

If no change, I’ll try and find someone who wants it for a year as I’m loathe to lose my seat.

If no takers I’ll get rid of it. These selfish pricks don’t deserve my money

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
I know there is the old saying of stick by your team in tough times and I absolutely believe in that. If we were bottom 4 this year, but blooding youth and having some vague strategy for the next 5 years then people can accept that.

The fact of the matter is the club has shown continual disregard for it's supporters and any planning for the future. Fact of the matter is, people want to be excited - we do not want to see the same tired old triers trotted out year after year.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know there is the old saying of stick by your team in tough times and I absolutely believe in that. If we were bottom 4 this year, but blooding youth and having some vague strategy for the next 5 years then people can accept that.

The fact of the matter is the club has shown continual disregard for it's supporters and any planning for the future. Fact of the matter is, people want to be excited - we do not want to see the same tired old triers trotted out year after year.
That’s it, if we had our off field sorted and there was no boys club, I wouldn’t even be considering getting rid of my ticket just as I haven’t over the last 30 years.

But if they don’t change it tells me our management are more interested in protecting themselves and nothing will change if they are there. They don’t deserve my money and they can get ****ed.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm staying put (gold), have seriously considered downgrading over the last couple of weeks (mainly from reading posts on here which have given me serious food for thought), but I know the old lady will just bust my balls even more if I made the change. Happy wife, happy life and all that

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm staying put (gold), have seriously considered downgrading over the last couple of weeks (mainly from reading posts on here which have given me serious food for thought), but I know the old lady will just bust my balls even more if I made the change. Happy wife, happy life and all that
Why would you keep Gold though? Wouldn’t she prefer to spend that money on herself?

LittleCrowBoy

All Australian
Mar 4, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dropping my membership & canceling the Foxtel.

I’m out

The club (and whole VFL) is BROKEN

Will take years to fix....and I doubt the problems will be addressed anytime soon.

I hate the arrogant pricks running the club....I’d rather have my happiness and enjoyment based on something I can control...rather than in the hands of complete w***ers.

Back