Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the difference between 800k and what he gets somewhere else.
If he gets a new contract on 600k we pay the top up of 200k.
If he get $1mill 😂 somewhere else, we’re off the hook.
The argument being debated is if he gets $400 for a lower tier gig are we up for the $800 or only $400k.
Brad’s contract says “ Senior Coaching Role”
NM position is “ yeah but we meant any role in AFL”
Good luck with that.🤔

Sounds about right, but on the last bit, I don't think Brad would be willing to damage his (carefully constructed over many years) "brand" by getting into a public sh!t-fight to claim extra $ on a contract technicality, especially since his public mantra has always been "I'll always do what's best for the club".

Either way, we'll find out soon enough.

Sounds about right, but on the last bit, I don't think Brad would be willing to damage his (carefully constructed over many years) "brand" by getting into a public sh!t-fight to claim extra $ on a contract technicality, especially since his public mantra has always been "I'll always do what's best for the club".

Nah, we’ll never know.
Deal will be done behind closed doors and everyone is a winner.
“ Move on, nothing to see here!”

Dude, he got sacked and had it spun to look as if his employer had just made the biggest recruiting error since some swans official said "John Longmire? Sure, do you want a side of Carey with that?"

He clearly has friends in high PR places. I'm sure he's capable of extracting every cent out of us whilst still presenting the public image of being some AFL industry Mother Theresa.

Nah, we’ll never know.
Deal will be done behind closed doors and everyone is a winner.
“ Move on, nothing to see here!”

That's likely, and consistent with my original point - he won't get the full $800k. If he was holding out for the full amount, then there would be no incentive for North to do the payout deal behind closed doors and say "nothing to see here". They would only agree to a confidential deal if they get something from it.

We can put pressure on his "brand" by letting it play out in public if he won't back down.

Anyway, this discussion is all based on an inaccurate article by Robbo.

Steady on. It's a 50% coaching record, mind you with a bloke who's still carrying Scotts handbook and has no gameplan of his own yet.

Wait til Round 3 2020 for concrete opinion.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm

I don’t know.
I saw us lose by a 100 to St Kilda in Scott’s 2nd game.

Saw us kick 3 goals against Collingwood in a 20 goal loss.

And witnessed Buddy kick 13 goals in Tasmania.

But that, that was the worst performance I have ever seen by the football club.

I don’t know what to say. I honestly feel this list no good but good teams don’t do rebuilds - so what do we do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always tricky evaluating a coach still (effectively) in caretaker mode, but tonight's putrid display deserves every bit as much criticism as those great wins over Collingwood and Richmond deserved praise - we were basically structureless after half time tonight, and showed no signs of any alternative plan beyond bombing it down the line to a contest (if we were lucky; more often it was to Geelong players in space), and that's on the coach in the same way that the ferocity, intent and pressure of the best wins so far under Shaw were.

I've said before that I don't think you can really judge how good a coach will be in the full-time job from how they go as a caretaker - there's just too much they're not in control of, the interim role is simpler but shallower than the real thing. But if winning tough was a great indicator of the kind of senior coach Rhyce Shaw will be for us, losing in such an aimless fashion as tonight is a massive warning - there are (naturally) lots of problems from tonight to address, and the coaching must be one of them.

I don’t know.
I saw us lose by a 100 to St Kilda in Scott’s 2nd game.

Saw us kick 3 goals against Collingwood in a 20 goal loss.

And witnessed Buddy kick 13 goals in Tasmania.

But that, that was the worst performance I have ever seen by the football club.

I don’t know what to say. I honestly feel this list no good but good teams don’t do rebuilds - so what do we do?

I think you need to sleep on it and get a bit of perspective tbh.

Calm the farm people.

One game where we were so off it wasn’t funny.

The funny thing is that if Razor and his merry band of ********s does their job we are right in that game at half time.

The second half was just flat. We butchered a lot of opportunities to go forward and score, so not sure how Rhyce can control that?

I think you need to sleep on it and get a bit of perspective tbh.
In the last I thought we’d atleast break even and have some respect for the football club.

We went scoreless. There was no response. That’s alarm bells TD.

The issue is for Rhyce is this label will stick. He coached the club to its lowest score in history. It’s stuck.

I’m big on playing for the coach and NONE OF THEM DID

In the last I thought we’d atleast break even and have some respect for the football club.

The issue is for Rhyce is this label will stick. He coached the club to its lowest score in history. It’s stuck.

Are you kidding?

Come Round 1 next year no one will remember Round 21 at Shithole Stadium.

Calm the farm people.

One game where we were so off it wasn’t funny.

The funny thing is that if Razor and his merry band of ********s does their job we are right in that game at half time.

The second half was just flat. We butchered a lot of opportunities to go forward and score, so not sure how Rhyce can control that?

Agree. We got no help and we've had the hardest run possible over the last month. Collingwood haven't played that month of football in an entire season since the 90's and we've done it in a month. They're gassed and unfortunately injuries mean we can't even replace the guys that should be out of the team.

It's round 20, we've been on a plane for a month, have a heap of young and tired bodies and we can't make finals. Is it really the worst performance you've ever seen?

Our coach is learning on the job and is going to be for a while yet. Losing your head over a game like this is a bit silly.

It's round 20, we've been on a plane for a month, have a heap of young and tired bodies and we can't make finals. Is it really the worst performance you've ever seen?

Our coach is learning on the job and is going to be for a while yet. Losing your head over a game like this is a bit silly.
Can cope with being beaten when we make an effort. Did you see the game? Lowest score EVER. In 150 fuggin years.This wasn't just a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back