Preview Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 18 August 2019, 4.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem with Ceglar is his consistency, even if McEvoy were out for 8 weeks, Ceglar would still have
2 horrid games in that stretch. Not sure what it is but when he is off, it is Luke Breust proportions.
He does play the odd shocker i agree.

But over 22 games i think he would play more decent to good games than shockers.

If he could just start grabbing more contested marks he would be a seriously good ruckman.

Roughy only 10 touches and no goals today at Box Hill.

Wore long sleeves too, so no chance now lol

In all seriousness though, the only way he plays is if Lewis tweaked his shoulder late in the game last night.

Even then, I feel like they’d just bring in Big Boy and play Cegs up forward again.

I'd be turning up at AFL house with a box of molotov cocktails if I was living in Melbourne. To state the obvious... seriously, why would we ever be scheduled at Marvel for a home game. Putrid venue for player health and safety (still).

Sadly with the AFL owning the stadium now, every vic team hosts at least one ‘home game’ there now. Collingwood, Melb, Richmond all have now....ours just happens to be at the sh*ttest timeslot of the lot 🙄

I'd be turning up at AFL house with a box of molotov cocktails if I was living in Melbourne. To state the obvious... seriously, why would we ever be scheduled at Marvel for a home game. Putrid venue for player health and safety (still).

if it raining next weekend, might be a handy percentage booster? (fingers crossed)

Roughy only 10 touches and no goals today at Box Hill.

Wore long sleeves too, so no chance now lol

In all seriousness though, the only way he plays is if Lewis tweaked his shoulder late in the game last night.

Even then, I feel like they’d just bring in Big Boy and play Cegs up forward again.
Not sure if you noticed, but Roughy hasn't been kicking goals because he's played permanent CHB for the past 2 and a half games. Did a swap with Kaiden Brand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have some chance to make finals. Probably 6 teams fighting for the last 2 spots in the 8 now. Percentage boost would be valuable here. McEvoy and Gunston come back in if they are fit but otherwise I'd not be making changes.

Whispers are that Clarko granted Roughead a farewell game next week against GCS, but Roughead declined, putting Hawthorn first and wanting the best, fittest players to take the field. He doesn't want to take the spot off a developing player. Reflects the kind of person Roughead is. Selfless team man.

However, it's just whispers, and I personally think he'll play after getting the call up for a final farewell in Melbourne.

In - Moore and Gunston

Out - Cousins and Howe

Scrimshaw for Jiath makes us a much better side but would rather see CJ get another game at this stage of the season.

CJ gets another game because... young players always get at least two. Means we probably don't see Scrimshaw this week. Gunston should be right, although they might rest him up given Nash played quite well, and it's one less change. Same holds true for McEvoy/Ceglar, Lewis/Roughy. Yesterday's team should be able to hold GC at bay, but any of those changes are possible.

I'd love the farewell for Rough, but understand if it's only a lap of honour at the GF.

In - Moore and Gunston

Out - Cousins and Howe

Scrimshaw for Jiath makes us a much better side but would rather see CJ get another game at this stage of the season.
Good point Cousins was a fantastic selection for the wet... but boy he cannot hit a target. Would love to see Howe into the middle and Scrimshaw into the half-back line.

Scrimshaw in for CJ. The young fella will get plenty more opportunities.

Nope. That would be unfair on CJ.
He deserves another run on the deck at docklands and he can show his skills under perfect playing conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back